It’s a mad world indeed! The news was not great these past few days and the rats are starting to leave the sinking ship, metaphorically speaking of course. There was the usual I told you so, BB failed again and it’s all over. All of which may very well be true. For me however, it is another reminder of what a mad world we live in. A world where quality products are tossed aside for the glitzy offering that the masses say we need. The music world is filled with Justin Bieber’s and Miley Cyrus’ because that is who we are told to like, reinforced by constant barrage of radio play. Movies, well, the word plot is an afterthought; just throw a couple of stars in there and give us your $11 for a solid hour and a half of time we will not get back.

No, Blackberry is not perfect. Mistakes have been made, promises unfulfilled, and deadlines missed. I was late to the smartphone market; if circumstances where different I would have gotten a Samsung S3. My carrier didn’t have it at the time I was able to upgrade. I knew BB was coming out with something new (coming soon), however, my choice was their latest offering, a Torch 8910.

Then I got a Playbook, and I was hooked. They weren’t popular; in fact I was ridiculed on many of occasion. Many of the people I knew were switching to other phones at that time. To me I think we can agree, that is when BB missed out. BBOS7 should have been BB10. Regardless of the missed opportunities, for me they worked, but I admit I’m not much into Instagram etc. I get my emails, check the big wide web, follow people on Twitter, and will occasionally glance at Facebook. I kept up with the news, hanging on every leak and rumour. I played the pied piper, telling everyone just wait and see. Alas, it was too late, for me and BB.

So here I am; my contract up soon and I am ready to move to my next phone. I have seen many of posts saying “I’m leaving”, “what should be my next phone”? Not me, I’ll decide for myself. I will make the choice that fits me, not what everyone says will, not what is popular just because everyone else has one, but because I like it.

The problem is I like BB10 so much! It started with the Playbook, continued with the Z10 I bought the wife, and it is what I waited for 2 years for... So I’ll probably get the Z30, be ridiculed, and love it while knowing my phone does what I need and want. I’m sure I will still be hearing some Justin/Miley song on the radio, watch the preview of another can’t miss Hollywood 1.5 hour blockbuster movie, and seeing people stand in line for a phone they need so bad, or their friends will make fun of them… It really is a Mad World!
    Last edited by Gillyboy; 09-23-13 at 07:30 AM.
    09-23-13 12:40 AM
    Agree and I also planning to get the Z30. I very like the robust experience with BB phones. There were some problems with the BB10, but now they are all solved with 10.2. I have Q5 right now and very like it, but screen is too small.
    09-23-13 02:59 AM
    I hope they read your thread, we buy BlackBerry because we like the phone, not because the great sales management
    09-23-13 03:09 AM
    In fact sometimes I kinda like how underground BlackBerry is lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 03:10 AM
    You should edit your post into different paragraphs. It's a great read, and breaking it up makes it easier to read, so more people will read it.

You have all good points. My 9810 and 9900 paired with my PlayBook were like the perfect pairs. The functionality was unmatched. Text/email/BBM/ Internet anywhere.

BlackBerry 10 is maybe more advanced than the average smartphone user would be comfortable learning, though to me, Android seems pretty confusing when I use it.

iOS remains very basic, and after upgrading my iPod touch to iOS7 the other day, I already have mastered it. Does it do as much for me as BB10 does? Nope. I still prefer BlackBerry 10 by a long shot.

I really don't care what phones other people use, but now I wish more people used BlackBerrys, so they wouldn't be where they are.

It pains me to have to think about one day only having iPhone or Android to choose from. To me, that world would be a mad world.

Posted via CB10
    badiyee likes this.
    09-23-13 03:23 AM
    [QUOTE=So here I am; my contract up soon and I am ready to move to my next phone. I have seen many of posts saying �I�m leaving�, �what should be my next phone�? Not me, I�ll decide for myself. I will make the choice that fits me, not what everyone says will, not what is popular just because everyone else has one, but because I like it. The problem is I like BB10 so much! It started with the Playbook, continued with the Z10 I bought the wife, and it is what I waited for 2 years for... So I�ll probably get the Z30, be ridiculed, and love it while knowing my phone does what I need and want. I�m sure I will still be hearing some Justin/Miley song on the radio, watch the preview of another can�t miss Hollywood 1.5 hour blockbuster movie, and seeing people stand in line for a phone they need so bad, or their friends will make fun of them� It really is a Mad World!.[/QUOTE]

I am an android user for several years. Samsung galaxy s2 and s3. But I am glad I have BlackBerry Z10. I have no regret or second thought what so ever, of going back to android smartphones. Unless they used the interface of BB10 and Blackberry is not in existence, that is the only time I might be using android period. I am fed up with vaporware they fill those sets with.
    09-23-13 03:41 AM