PSA: this post is not about bagging on blackberry and destroying the company or anything like that. below has been on my mind for a long time now and i felt that this was the necessary place to share my thoughts

when apple announced the iphone 4 last year, i kind of went nuts. by that time i was starting to dislike blackberry because nothing was changing, they were actually becoming boring phones. another reason for this was because i was using the storm 1 and that phone was a piece of crap. it made me dislike blackberry even more. fast forward a little bit: i got the iphone 4 when it came out last year and i loved it. it was actually a solid/great/almost perfect phone. i was enjoying every single minute with it. i remember every night before bed i stayed up just surfing the web and wasting time on it (never done that with a phone before). but after a while, as with all things electronic, i was slowly getting tired of the phone and was missing blackberry again. i think the biggest thing i was missing was the keyboard, instant everything, and most important bbm. a lot of my friends at that time slowly migrated to blackberry and i coincidentally left the blackberry ship, so i felt left out. fast forward some more: i eventually traded my iphone 4 for the torch. at the time, it was the smartest decision i made due to os6, blackberry in my life again, and of course bbm in my life. i was actually pretty excited to be back and loved being back to the black. fast forward to today, i am tired of blackberry, and its not because of a new iphone or new phone in general, i am just tired of blackberry because nothing is changing. yeah os6 is new and actually looks good, but it still feels the same as os5. same simple set up and everything. i know some of the people in the forums will say that blackberry is a business-user phone or not the greatest app oriented phone and i understand and agree. but you would think that app world would get better or blackberry would start to change its M.O. around and start actually getting better. i think i can upgrade to a new phone in November 2011 and when that time comes, i plan on leaving blackberry to the next iphone or an android phone and promise to never go back to blackberry again. trading my iphone 4 was a big mistake that and i know i will regret it until i see another non-blackberry phone in my hand soon.
    04-29-11 02:30 PM
    Your situation sounds alot like what my buddy does. He gets a new phone, then he gets tired of it and wants something different, so he swaps phones with someone. A couple months later, he does the same thing.

Best of luck finding the next satisfactory handset. And the next one a couple months after that .
    04-29-11 02:34 PM
    Your situation sounds alot like what my buddy does. He gets a new phone, then he gets tired of it and wants something different, so he swaps phones with someone. A couple months later, he does the same thing.

Best of luck finding the next satisfactory handset. And the next one a couple months after that .
    i can admit i am definitely like that. when i was Cingular ages ago, i use to switch between crappy nokia phones, Siemens, etc all the time just because i got bored. i feel that now its a little bit different because i left iPhone for bbm but now am tired of bbm and bb (denial lol) but yeah im sure ill post something else and complain some more later lol
    04-29-11 02:38 PM
    Bummer for you that you get bored with whatever you are currently using. I'm not eager to dump my S2 because of boredom. It's because of reboots, slowness, and the fact that Androids offer more apps and faster operation overall. sure, I'll miss BBM, but it makes no sense for me to keep the S2 JUST for BBM. good luck with your next phone(s).
    04-29-11 02:40 PM
    Bummer for you that you get bored with whatever you are currently using. I'm not eager to dump my S2 because of boredom. It's because of reboots, slowness, and the fact that Androids offer more apps and faster operation overall. sure, I'll miss BBM, but it makes no sense for me to keep the S2 JUST for BBM. good luck with your next phone(s).
    i might of said boredom a lot in that post but let me clarify, ok a tad bored of the phone, but biggest thing is nothing is different, same old blackberry with a different body structure (if that makes sense). of course lag, reboots, and lag again are the bigger things too. but yeah just to clarify, its not only boredom. im not that crazy lol
    1812dave likes this.
    04-29-11 02:44 PM
    First of all, let me just say, the Storm series was an ABYSMAL line up of phones. Clearly, the worst phones Blackberry ever made.

Honestly, your mentality won't let you keep one phone for much longer then a few months. I surely hope you have a substantial wallet size.

I came from an iPhone, Apple lover, and honestly, i-Anything is great, except for when I need to communicate with someone. That's where Blackberry truely shines. My Blackberry helped me around a town that I've never visited before (Toronto) and kept me in touch with my family/friends/colleagues with NO problems. No hiccups. I took tons of pictures, used GPS, phone calls, sms, BBM, email, ALL day, at work and at night in the downtown area. Never got lost, no headaches, no issues.

Best part of that whole ordeal, I still had 65% battery life at the end of the day.
    04-29-11 03:47 PM
    i agree that i have a problem with the whole phone situation. it was a problem in the past and is still a problem today. and for the wallet size comment, i dont, i just save up until something nice comes out and yeah. i agree that bb's are reliable and everything like that, but i think i am just growing out of that business/messaging phase and leading towards app friendly/entertainment device. thats what i had with the iphone but was silly enough to leave it just for bbm :/
    04-29-11 03:51 PM
    Ah, then good luck to ya. iPhone sounds like a winner for you.
    04-29-11 04:01 PM
    Ah, then good luck to ya. iPhone sounds like a winner for you.
    i was actually thinking an android device like Atrix 4g or Inspire 4g (at&t)
    04-29-11 04:03 PM
    You might want to consider getting two or three phones, keeping the old ones, and just switching them every few months. That way you have something different that what you are currently bored with, and then you don't have to endlessly shell out for new phones.
    04-29-11 04:36 PM
    You might want to consider getting two or three phones, keeping the old ones, and just switching them every few months. That way you have something different that what you are currently bored with, and then you don't have to endlessly shell out for new phones.
    I would suspect he'd already be bored with those phones. I imagine he wants "fresh blood" on a regular basis.
    04-29-11 04:46 PM
    i need the blood. well i assume the atrix is a standard sim card (normal size) and if thats the case then ill hold onto the torch for poops and giggles
    04-30-11 12:19 PM
    Ya' know I can almost see what you are saying, I'm bored with my S2. It does exactly what I need without any drama, but I want to smell and hear the sound of a new cell phone being unwapped. Bring on the Monaco!
    04-30-11 04:24 PM
    yeah definitely. i dont know, is anyone else feeling the same way i am regarding blackberries, not the whole switching phones thing. i just feel blackberry needs to start changing things or something. i know os7 and the QNX deal will be that change, but we shall see.
    05-01-11 01:35 PM
    yeah definitely. i dont know, is anyone else feeling the same way i am regarding blackberries, not the whole switching phones thing. i just feel blackberry needs to start changing things or something. i know os7 and the QNX deal will be that change, but we shall see.
    Please list some features of os7 (really 6.1). I don't know squat about it.
    05-01-11 05:42 PM
    Please list some features of os7 (really 6.1). I don't know squat about it.
    lol me neither
    1812dave likes this.
    05-01-11 05:43 PM
    To each their own, I always say....I can usually last a couple years as long as I have a good reliable phone.

I went through a phase where I went through 3 android phones in a month and just didn't do what my BB's did....ended up going back to BB and glad I did...I still mess around on some Androids...wife still uses her Optimus T....

Good luck though, I personally think you should go back to iPhone.
    05-02-11 03:27 AM
    i think i am exactly like you. I think that blackberry hit a wall that i hope OS7 (6.1) will knock down... i was VERY ready to leave BB until i got a hold of OS6 which is a HUGE improvement in my eyes. Just last year i went thru an original iPhone (that i had for 1.5 years) a Backflop, a captivate and a 3Gs. I got a Bold9000 in November and "liked" OS5 but i missed having a phone with an actual good OS. I HAD to upgrade to a 9300 about a month ago because i was tired of this DARN trackball messing up daily! When I upgraded the 9300 to OS6 i said ok ill keep it. The other reason is i NEED a physical keyboard and AT&T wont give me a GOOD Android that has one :-(....

My next plan is to just go ahead and shell out for a 9900 probably in the fall. Its the phone that I have wanted ever since i decided to leave my iPhone (perfect size, PERFECT keyboard)
    05-02-11 09:04 AM
    the more and more i think about it, i feel like an android type of guy, but i dont think i am. i might be an iphone guy (and i dislike everything apple) but that phone is almost perfect. anyways after reading about the new 9900 and 9930, holy crap man, what a freaking phone. i hope to see more pics, vids, etc about it soon
    05-02-11 01:30 PM
    the more and more i think about it, i feel like an android type of guy, but i dont think i am. i might be an iphone guy (and i dislike everything apple) but that phone is almost perfect. anyways after reading about the new 9900 and 9930, holy crap man, what a freaking phone. i hope to see more pics, vids, etc about it soon
    for me, the 9900 is the phone I have wanted all along. I HAD been saying that if they made a decent Android with a physical key board (for ATT) then I would have that instead of my 9300......I like the heck out of android but you just cant get much better than the 9000 keyboard
    05-02-11 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD