I have an idea about a store/lounge for airports that I want to throw out there.

We all know BlackBerry needs to get some stores out there for us and they have tried in the past with some located in airports. My idea is a store lounge combo put in locations around the world. They would sell all things BlackBerry but also be a lounge you can hang out in while you wait for your flight. It would have free wifi, ability to charge your devices. I've read about being able to order your food and drink by bbm down here in Australia so it should also have that.

I don't have much time to add to this so I'll leave it unfinished for now, everyone add some cool ideas!

Edit: So with some feedback from other users pointing out something I think it should be open to all users. Somehow I forgot how much I hate the, usually iPhone, users that think they are better then people because of the device they use. If this was BlackBerry sponsored lounge that allowed any type of user I think it would be a lot better. It would still be somewhat BlackBerry but everyone would get to enjoy it.
    Last edited by eKafara; 02-14-12 at 11:52 PM.
    stevepar likes this.
    02-14-12 08:12 PM
    There's a BB store in Framingham, Michigan. Here's a couple in the PI and Bangkok...

Attachment 102777

Attachment 102778
    02-14-12 08:20 PM
    the concept/idea's are very appealling i would love to have some bb stores out here.
    but they are sooo old fashioned here shooof. lovely pictures alnamvet68.
    Last edited by byul; 02-14-12 at 08:27 PM.
    02-14-12 08:25 PM
    There a blackberry store within walking distance from my house.
    02-14-12 08:41 PM
    Good idea if opened up by BB evangelists. I've always believed anyone that truely loves BB, most CBers. Would be the best sales persons for such a store. With a small tutorial at purchase time new owners are off to the races. The rest of your ideas sound great. I travel alot and would be in everyone I saw.
    02-14-12 09:14 PM
    They really should get more stores out there with the launch of BB10, they need to go big or go home. RIM has to do everything they can to make it succeed. We have to see blackberry everywhere, movies, tv, commercials, on the radio, on the streets. Sponsor everything they can, just get the name out there.
    02-14-12 09:52 PM
    I don't see how this would look any better than a few snobby iphone users occupying a small area and only letting other iphone users in.

I wouldn't want to stoop to their level. But rather accept everyone.
    02-14-12 10:27 PM
    Very cool to see that huge bb logo!
    02-14-12 11:04 PM
    Combine this with some airline's elite lounge and add NFC access (so you have to use your BB!)!
    02-14-12 11:12 PM
    I was seeing some kind of chatter about having these in airports, which could be completely awesome. Make it a fun, party, adult atmosphere... Build some buzz!
    02-14-12 11:15 PM
    i concur. this would be awesome to see in various cities around the world. bring some stores to canada. west coast specifically, vancouver to narrow it down
    02-14-12 11:20 PM
    I don't see how this would look any better than a few snobby iphone users occupying a small area and only letting other iphone users in.

I wouldn't want to stoop to their level. But rather accept everyone.
    True. Good thing this is where the ideas are shared...now we just need someone with tons of cash to make it happen.
    02-14-12 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD