And they will be back in two weeks.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-12-15 05:42 PM

Why would they be back?
    06-12-15 06:10 PM
    Keep pushing those physical keyboard things. They are selling so well snd folks are lining up for them.
    Doh!
    You're fun, but also kind of sad, like this:

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 06:24 PM
    Why would they be back?
    You know, being prosumers and husbands of doctors and all

06-12-15 06:37 PM

Unless they're Terminators, I don't see this happening.

Posted from an ME173X
    06-13-15 04:39 AM
    Market perseption is one thing, but dealing with BYOD, COPE, and COBO is a hard problem and a lot people just don't crasp it or do their research... having an understanding of what your requirements and limitations are is the hardest thing for people to wrap their head around. A lot of people just pick the first option available to them and go, and the Enterprise market is no different, people want to go for the safe & long term bet.

If you honestly think that all the other MDM / MAM / EMM vendors are making bucket lots of money (eg, more then BlackBerry) I'd love to be proved wrong, but I haven't seen it personally in my own research, observations, and interactions with them as an potential client.
    There is so much sarcasm on the internet today, I feel I need to declare my sincerity here: you should write a piece for CrackBerry that reflects your experience with BES... The pros and cons, the pitfalls, the things MDM adopters should keep in mind vid a vis costs and BES competitors: I think a lot of CB members would love to better understand these issues, especially if you feel that BB is doing some things right and even where you think they may be weak. So few BB fans have your experience and you sound like you've considered not only the technical issues, but costs, deployment etc.

If you do decide to write something, before you post it to CrackBerry, make sure you retain the copyright because it sounds like it could be something BB might want to syndicate or re blog, especially if it is fair but positive to BB... Or post it somewhere where you control the copyright but can link to it.

That isn't to say it should gloss over shortcomings, but I think your point of view is informed and unique.
    06-13-15 09:22 AM
    ...p.s can we change the topic title to "Wall Street going BYOD" because that accurately describes the trend.
    06-13-15 09:25 AM
    Is Yahoo even a thing? The only users THEY have are those that don't know they're using Yahoo.
    06-13-15 02:53 PM
    Is Yahoo even a thing? The only users THEY have are those that don't know they're using Yahoo.
    Yahoo has started a whole bunch of media initiatives, including articles and regular segments with Katie Couric and David Pogue that are really good, not to mention their financial tools and analysis is respected in some circles... don't count Yahoo out: they're reinventing themselves and unlike Google or Apple, they actually CREATE content, not just software.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 06:27 PM
    Most Q-x reports from corporate America have become a trip to fantasy island, no more realistic then gibberish unemployment or inflation data. Anytime you see the word "adjusted" in a report auto translate that to "fake". Blackberry $ wise where it is going to stay as hardware sales fade from significance and yield to other hoped for enhanced revenue streams. I still think their best sell is security but most users outside enterprise don't seem to care much about that.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-14-15 12:12 PM
    Most Q-x reports from corporate America have become a trip to fantasy island, no more realistic then gibberish unemployment or inflation data. Anytime you see the word "adjusted" in a report auto translate that to "fake". Blackberry $ wise where it is going to stay as hardware sales fade from significance and yield to other hoped for enhanced revenue streams. I still think their best sell is security but most users outside enterprise don't seem to care much about that.
    It's worse than that. It seems that much of enterprise think they can get adequate security in any of a number of other ways.
    06-14-15 01:18 PM
    Yahoo has started a whole bunch of media initiatives, including articles and regular segments with Katie Couric and David Pogue that are really good, not to mention their financial tools and analysis is respected in some circles... don't count Yahoo out: they're reinventing themselves and unlike Google or Apple, they actually CREATE content, not just software.

Posted via CB10
    You're mistaken. Content doesn't equate to revenue. I'm not personally counting them out, but the industry has.
    06-14-15 02:13 PM
    You're mistaken. Content doesn't equate to revenue. I'm not personally counting them out, but the industry has.
    Using that twisted logic... then BlackBerry is absolutely dead... and has been for quite a while!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 06:55 PM
    I didn't say anything about revenue... but if page views have any relation to revenue they are trying to do something to improve their position: offering something unique that has appeal and can't be had elsewhere is a business model that has worked for lots of companies.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 08:38 PM
    Yes, that was exactly my point, they aren't going to miss blackberry, they wouldn't have picked it if it were their choice and now they will just keep one phone - an iPhone or Android.
    Completing: an IPhone, Android or BlackBerry

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    06-15-15 12:32 AM
    Lolwut? iOS has been able to do this for years.
    Yeah, it was the multiple attachments that you couldn't do. I imagine ios allows you to attach multiple attachments to an email these days ... surely.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dguy123; 06-15-15 at 08:03 AM.
    06-15-15 12:55 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Zedd88; 06-15-15 at 05:24 AM.
    06-15-15 01:44 AM
    One thing I don't get about the article.... why does moving away from BlackBerry 10 devices mean moving away from BES (more mature, profitable division) to Good (new, losing money)?
    BES can manage Android and iOS just fine.
    In fact if a company never had a single BlackBerry but needs an MDM for its fleet of phones BES12 would be an excellent choice.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:07 AM
    One thing I don't get about the article.... why does moving away from BlackBerry 10 devices mean moving away from BES (more mature, profitable division) to Good (new, losing money)?
    BES can manage Android and iOS just fine.
    In fact if a company never had a single BlackBerry but needs an MDM for its fleet of phones BES12 would be an excellent choice.
    The biggest reason would be cost. BES is one of the most expensive options for managing iOS and Android devices - all of BES's price comparisons are based on managing BB10 devices, because BB charges a whole lot more to manage iOS and Android devices. And one of the reasons for that would be part of the second reason: BB had to license the tech to manage iOS and Android - they lacked the resources to develop this themselves - and so not only does it cost BB more to support them, but their support for those platforms is more limited.

The third reason is simply uncertainty over BB's future. BB has been in a tenuous position for the last couple of years, including trying (and failing!) to find a buyer even at a very low stock price, which sends the message that the companies who took a look at BB didn't even find that much value in it. Thus, companies are reluctant to get involved with a company who is (or may be) on the way out - they'd rather take a chance on a newer company who is on an upward trajectory. You can argue about how much debt these companies may have, and how much cash BB is sitting on, etc., but they also know that small, hungry, fast-to-react companies tend to be far more likely to create new, disruptive, market-leading products than do older, past-their-prime, troubled companies on their way down - most of which never turn themselves around.

Even if that perception isn't fairly applied to BB, it doesn't really matter - if that's what CTOs think, then that's going to affect which MDM vendor they go with.
    mornhavon likes this.
    06-15-15 02:49 PM
    A lot of FUD going on. Not surprised that the BlackBerry can't do anything right crowd are out in FULL FORCE but one has to wonder why? Why would people who find only fault with BlackBerry would spend hours, days, weeks, months and years posting nothing but FUD? BTW big thank you to the FUD crew for allowing me to increase my BBRY holdings for free. Yup BlackBerry is doing everything wrong....no matter what they do.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 07:33 PM
    Well, who cares about Wall street? They are not the whole world
    No but they are one of the last parts of the world who still use Black Berry.
    06-16-15 12:53 PM
71 123