What I mean is the OS they have and the potential for it. Google has been working on Smart TV's for years now. But what about Blackberry? Blackberry would be forced into it if Apple does ever come out with a smart TV with running iOS. Again, Blackberry needs to follow or be left in the dust. Is Blackberry coming out with a smart watch? I bet they would if Google and Apple did. Again, just following. If anyone thinks Blackberry is going to exist on just phones and services to those phones....you're dead wrong.

What Blackberry needs to do is work on an OS for electronics that can communicate with their phones. Tv's, aftermarket car radios, watches, you name it. Why not go to Panasonic, Kenwood, JVC, LG, Pioneer, etc, for development feedback? A universal OS for licensing with an universal name. A name people would recognize long term.

They have a great OS and it seems they want to suppress it. Blackberry can be the next Google if they just start thinking outside of the box. If anyone disagrees then you probably liked their old model of not being innovative at all. And that's what got them to the $6 stock value to begin with.

This is just a random rambling and continuation from another post.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...action-802835/
    05-04-13 07:18 AM

Interview from the beginning of this month with thorsten heins

Watch this video, trust me i would put money on blackberry developing and innovating in many other spaces FIRST before the other two follow.

Like TH says in reply to a question in the video... why did you push in the marketing that QNX is in 60% of the cars on the road?
    He replied, just to get the word out that this is a true mobile computing platform, not a decontented desktop OS... he said, you don't see QNX working in the background, it doesn't have to glitz and glamor to it that consumers want, it just sits quietly in the background, working and working very well.

He mentions other companies have approached him to have QNX embedded into their products, imagine your dishwasher is hooked to your central network, it can be controlled by any end point device hooked to your network ( any bb phone) and alert you when dishes are done, or send in an automated service request if it monitors and detects an issue... and this is just one product... look around your house, just imagine the potential... and now you start to see why security and why blackberries secure worldwide network starts to come into play... really exciting stuff
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jasonvan9; 05-04-13 at 08:37 AM.
    05-04-13 08:25 AM

Watch this video, trust me i would put money on blackberry developing and innovating in many other spaces FIRST before the other two follow.

Posted via CB10
    What he said.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:31 AM
    I don't see why they would need to make a whole RV when they could develop blackbery link to be utilized on a smart TV. Use it like remote file access does now.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 08:35 AM