RIM has been going at it for a while now trying and failing at making things work. We as the fans have been given hope then had it taken away(most recently last week), but I think its time that some of us realize that the plan that has been set in motion is the only plan they can realistically pursue at this time.

As such, enough with all the stupid "they should do an Android phone" threads.

1) It is not going to happen.

2) It would be a dead end product.

3) It would not help as the Blackberry brand is damaged in the marketplace now and going Android it would have nothing to distinguish itself.

4) It would divert resources from BB 10 which could either lead to it being delayed or cancelled altogether. Quite frankly I don't think RIM needs to send another F-U to its shareholders by saying "oh yea, I know we said this and spent that, but we changed our minds" (Shrug, you know you can picture Heinsy doing the shoulder shrug).

So enough! Its a dumb plan and we need to focus on RIM as a standalone going it alone to the launch of BB 10. We need to accept this and stop trying to pull it in different directions.

Oh and Happy Canada Day to my buddies at CrackBerry.com
    07-01-12 10:08 AM
    right on it is make or break with BB10, if RIM believes what they say they should laser focus on that, while trying to manage damage to existing sales, however RIM is coming out with yes we are talking to the investment to consider our options, that is really putting a super charge in all the rumours.
    RIM has to say come heck(what is wrong with the word with two L's anyways) or high water, BB10 is RIM's future, we ended talks with the banks and we will only bring BB10 to market when it is ready and no more timelines. we will let you know, could be sooner, could be later.
    and one more thing, RIM has to tie in current sales with an introductory deal with BB10, isn't that over obvious?
    Last edited by silversun10; 07-01-12 at 11:00 AM.
    Sucroid likes this.
    07-01-12 10:55 AM
    Can a brother get AMEN!!
    07-01-12 11:14 AM
    Can a brother get AMEN!!
    AMEN!! He can from me
    07-01-12 11:19 AM
    Well said! Diverting attention to yet another plan will only take away resources that are needed to get BB10 done and out the door. Let's do it right, stay focused here and get the best OS and device ever put out by RIM.

*in my best Mexican accent, no offense meant* We don't need no stinkin' Android, they're a dime a dozen. A BlackBerry is unique, so stop saying RIM needs to go to someone else to get the job done.
    07-01-12 12:17 PM
    God forbid Canadian BlackBerry were to use a successful operating system that people actually want and that is owned by an evil American company, the horror.
    07-01-12 01:01 PM
    God forbid Canadian BlackBerry were to use a successful operating system that people actually want and that is owned by an evil American company, the horror.
    I'm a person and an American and I do not want an Android. Been there, done that and the t-shirt has been returned. Besides if RIM used Android it would be like Ford using Chevrolet engines and transmissions. And Google is evil by the way, they just act nice when your looking but don't turn your back on them.
    07-01-12 01:30 PM
    be nice now, Blue Jays gave you their ace pitcher already, what more do you need?
    07-01-12 01:58 PM

So enough! Its a dumb plan and we need to focus on RIM as a standalone going it alone to the launch of BB 10. We need to accept this and stop trying to pull it in different directions.
    We don't need to do anything. We are not running RIM. What RIM does is up to the board unless someone launches a hostile takeover, in which case it is up to the shareholders.
    07-01-12 02:17 PM
    It looks like that everything that could be said about RIM at this point has been said. I'm going back to writing killer apps (not necessarily for PB or BB10 though )
    07-01-12 02:30 PM
    Wow way to miss the point. No one cares where a company or an OS came from anymore the point was that it was foolish to chase after an Android pipe dream now that they have so heavily invested in their BB 10 future. Unfortunately good plan or not at this point its the only plan they CAN pursue.
    07-01-12 09:15 PM
    We don't need to do anything. We are not running RIM. What RIM does is up to the board unless someone launches a hostile takeover, in which case it is up to the shareholders.
    LOL the way the stock price is going we member of Crackberry could probably buy the company outright by next week.
    07-01-12 09:17 PM
    LOL the way the stock price is going we member of Crackberry could probably buy the company outright by next week.
    $600 ( the price of a new top end device) from each member would get the job done right now.

The problem is trying to fathom 7+ million people attempting to turn rim around. Reading through just a few threads would indicate that rim wouldn't last a week with some of the ideas that are thrown around.
    07-01-12 09:44 PM
    LMAO! Thats the same feeling I have!
    07-01-12 09:45 PM
    It wouldn't be so bad. We'd make the purchase as a Crackberry member, and Kevin would just speak for us all. Now, if RIM went down after that, we'll be looking high and low for him and his hair.
    07-01-12 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD