I'm a diehard BlackBerry fan.

However, the blame should not be put on the carriers as it was BlackBerry's fault for not knowing the changing needs of the end consumer. Verizon is going to buy what their end consumer wants, if their customers want iPhone or Android, they aren't going to buy BlackBerry devices to sell to their customers.

BlackBerry didn't realize the change in the end consumers needs and they got punished for it.

But now they have a product that is what the end consumer wants and it is just pushing BB10 through their distribution channels which they have done. They just need to get the end consumers to want to buy it so carriers want to sell it.

It's simple marketing really.

Posted via CB10
    Well that simple marketing can be used for music and I can honestly say music sucks so much nowadays I don't buy at stores that don't carry a wide range of musical genres. So using that theory I will not go into a phone store and support them if they don't support my freedom of choice. Forcing itoy and blandroid on me will not make me buy a phone from them, no way no how.!!!!! What is hip and the flavor of the month for now is not what I want, I want something that will last me three years with no issues. BlackBerry is that for me, and that is my choice, not some damn store or media page!

Just my two cents, make sure you spend yours on what you want not what some store thinks you want.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:45 PM
    Kaiser, seeing how BlackBerry is not going to be around in a year. What other platform do you think you will go with? I am thinking I might go with the new brand called "U CRAZY" apparently they have some nice phones.

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    You wrote this in Starbucks on a itoy right??? You genius you. Hey why don't you work on world hunger next if you can see the future so well, ......mm exactly.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:48 PM
    We'll see. The Q10 may sell better than anyone thought it would. Should be interesting.
    The Q10, when it enters the market, will be the only one with a hardware keyboard that is usable, has a new OS and is technically well above a Bold 9900.

So everyone, who wants that, will buy it. Since nobody made such a device, in the last 2 years, it will be interesting to see how big the demand is.

And why BBRY launched the Z10 is obvious. Their comeback, should be initiated with something new. Something the consumers want, who are not interested in what BBRY had to offer.

It must have been the Z10. Everything else would have been an epic fail.

The rest of this thread is.... interesting.
    Some pills are definitely a good advice.

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye and TgeekB like this.
    04-21-13 06:50 PM
    You wrote this in Starbucks on a itoy right??? You genius you. Hey why don't you work on world hunger next if you can see the future so well, ......mm exactly.

Posted via CB10
    Lol

That was good

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    04-21-13 08:03 PM
    Nah. man I'm not crazy. No way. I'm just pointing out that this is really not BB's fault. It's like a conspiracy or something.Well, to be honest, I didn't think that way until I came to this forum and then I saw how everyone basically made a point of pointing the blame at everyone except the guys in Waterloo so I realized it must be so. I'm a team player that way.

As for my future with BB. Shoot, I'll stick with it man. I'm a huge BB fan. But as for the general future of BB: Well, I study the stock markets a lot and do a lot of research in tech especially in Mobile related companies. Know what I'm saying?

Anyway, what I meant to say is that based on my research Blackberry as we know it will not be around in a year. They will break it up into a few companies to "extract shareholder value" one will do device hardware, one will do software and one will work with operators (mostly in Canada) on various integrated data services.

Then, over time, each one will get swallowed up by someone else. The company will shrink and shrink into oblivion (it has already started if you haven't noticed and it will get MUCH worse later this year.) The hardware business along with the BB brand and a select section of the IP portfolio (not the encryption or security sensitive stuff) will probably go to Lenovo. The integrated VAS and application services will go to someone like IBM or HP or Cisco that wants to strengthen their play in operator services and the OS/SW business-- probably go back and focus on what QNX did before. Also, maybe telematics and M2M might be a play there.

But I'll be carrying my BB and shaking my fist at all those "other" guys out there who are to blame for this. I know who they are!
    Sounds like you're just regurgitating what all kinds of different tech blogs said about BlackBerry that has yet to happen. This is actually not called "Research". Blogs are no better than Wikipedia, unfortunately. I actually find they're worse.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:19 PM
    I am not a conspiracy believer.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:36 PM
    The all touch are the most popular phones. Everywhere I look, be it an iPhone, Android or others. Most typing on glass. The Z10 was introduced first to compete with these devices. After all, if you want to win, you must compete.

Posted via CB on my Z 10
    04-22-13 02:34 AM
    Q10 being launched first would have been a mistake . The z10 has shown the world that BlackBerry is seriously changing with the times.
    The q10 would have been met with reviews saying BlackBerry are stuck in the past.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-22-13 08:00 AM
    Q10 being launched first would have been a mistake . The z10 has shown the world that BlackBerry is seriously changing with the times.
    The q10 would have been met with reviews saying BlackBerry are stuck in the past.

Posted via CB10
    ^
    And this is why the conspiracy theory fails.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:04 AM
    ^
    And this is why the conspiracy theory fails.

Posted via CB10
    Another reason is that the carriers buy the phone from BlackBerry
    They don't sell it for BlackBerry
    They would be screwing themselves out of money as we know that the z10 is being shipped

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-22-13 08:16 AM
    Sounds like you're just regurgitating what all kinds of different tech blogs said about BlackBerry that has yet to happen. This is actually not called "Research". Blogs are no better than Wikipedia, unfortunately. I actually find they're worse.

Yeah. Wikipedia sux!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:21 AM
36 12