There is a good chance that 12 months from now the company once known as Research In Motion will either no longer exist and it's all Verizon's fault!

The sales people at Verizon shops don't want to sell BB10 devices. We have lots of anecdotal evidence to support that claim. The phones are not displayed. There is almost no instore merchandizing. Sales reps haven't been trained properly and they don't even seem to like BB products, much less use them. We even found out that Verizon didn't even buy the BB10-- no they passed it to a "distributor" to buy them which means they never got behind the platform or the proposition that Rim was selling. Can you believe it? Are they nuts?

And now we find out that Z10's are facing some near catastrophic re-boot issue. Why? Because of Verizon bloatware! Since when did Verizon start dictating what Software is going to go onto the devices on their network? Don't they know that the amount of customization and testing to make that stuff work flawlessly takes months and months and costs boatloads of cash? Why would they put that kind of ridiculous requirement on Blackberry?! Unfair!

Moreover, I don't have evidence but I'm pretty sure it was probably Verizon and AT&T that demanded Blackberry launch their new groudbreaking OS with a touch screen product when everyone in the world knew that the real demand for an BB10 device was going to come from the loyal QWERTY users...but no, those operators probably, somehow, used strong armed tactics to influence the BB strategy and forced them to launch a touch screen phone first. Don't ask me how they did it since neither actually BOUGHT the phone directly from BB but somehow they did!

The lack of apps like Skype, Instagram and Evernote (which was supposed to be fully and heavily integrated into the device) may not be their fault but it is CERTAINLY NOT BLACKBERRY'S FAULT either...clearly, it is those nasty app developers who don't want to play ball. Maybe they were influenced by the folks over at Verizon though...

And Google too! The contact synch app that is raising it's head- Google is clearly plotting something here. You don't see that issue and Android, that's for sure! Know what I mean?! I'm convinced the operators and Google are in bed together (they have been ever since Apple got so high and mighty) and are conspiring to bring Blackberry to its knees. Again, UNFAIR!

I'm just so happy that there is at least one place (CrackBerry.com | The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users (and Abusers!)) where I can come for honest, unbiased opinions on the greatest fricking mobile phone maker in the world!

Long live Crackberry. Long live Blackberry. F- everyone else!
    04-21-13 03:10 PM
    The first few lines off this post relates to AT&T, too! I bet if this was an iOS release all the carriers would have a different attitude...
    04-21-13 03:18 PM
    The first few lines off this post relates to AT&T, too! I bet if this was an iOS release all the carriers would have a different attitude...
    Exactly! That's what I'm saying. My good hs buddy- he was the Assistant Manager at the top Verizon store in Scranton, he is a huge BB fan. He got a new job at the AT&T store right across the street and he found out the they had the exact same attitude! Frickin ridiculous! How is BB supposed to sell if the operators themselves are clearly in cahoots to stop people from buying the phones. **** me off!
    04-21-13 03:25 PM
    I'm a diehard BlackBerry fan.

However, the blame should not be put on the carriers as it was BlackBerry's fault for not knowing the changing needs of the end consumer. Verizon is going to buy what their end consumer wants, if their customers want iPhone or Android, they aren't going to buy BlackBerry devices to sell to their customers.

BlackBerry didn't realize the change in the end consumers needs and they got punished for it.

But now they have a product that is what the end consumer wants and it is just pushing BB10 through their distribution channels which they have done. They just need to get the end consumers to want to buy it so carriers want to sell it.

It's simple marketing really.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 03:27 PM
    Did Sprint even carry the Z10? And you blame VZN? That's funny. I look at the facts, the stats...the sheer numbers. 96% of all BB users before the Z10 used keyboard BB's. Wait until the Q10 hits.

Disclaimer: 96% is an estimate of fact. True story.
    04-21-13 03:59 PM
    Did Sprint even carry the Z10? And you blame VZN? That's funny. I look at the facts, the stats...the sheer numbers. 96% of all BB users before the Z10 used keyboard BB's. Wait until the Q10 hits.

Disclaimer: 96% is an estimate of fact. True story.
    Oh I totally agree. Sprint also has to accept a lot of the blame for Blackberry's struggles in US market. I didn't even mention them but they have compltely missed the boat on the BB10 opportunity and pent up demand in the market. I guess they're too busy worrying about being taken over by the Japanese invasion though so I can forgive them.

And you're darn right about Q10 too! That was my point. I'm dead sure that if the BB execs had a chance to do things their own way, they would have definitely launched the Q10 first. I mean, it's so obvious, right? It makes so much sense that there is NO WAY they would have screwed up the launch so badly if not for those outside influences, ie companies like Verizon, Google, AT&T, Facebook, etc.
    04-21-13 04:06 PM
    Kaiser, seeing how BlackBerry is not going to be around in a year. What other platform do you think you will go with? I am thinking I might go with the new brand called "U CRAZY" apparently they have some nice phones.

BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    Acumenight and the_kaiser like this.
    04-21-13 04:09 PM
    We even found out that Verizon didn't even buy the BB10-- no they passed it to a "distributor" to buy them which means they never got behind the platform or the proposition that Rim was selling. Can you believe it? Are they nuts?
    Not sure if that's accurate. I remember Umi dismissing this as false in a blog a couple weeks back.
    04-21-13 04:16 PM
    Kaiser, seeing how BlackBerry is not going to be around in a year. What other platform do you think you will go with? I am thinking I might go with the new brand called "U CRAZY" apparently they have some nice phones.

Nah. man I'm not crazy. No way. I'm just pointing out that this is really not BB's fault. It's like a conspiracy or something.Well, to be honest, I didn't think that way until I came to this forum and then I saw how everyone basically made a point of pointing the blame at everyone except the guys in Waterloo so I realized it must be so. I'm a team player that way.

As for my future with BB. Shoot, I'll stick with it man. I'm a huge BB fan. But as for the general future of BB: Well, I study the stock markets a lot and do a lot of research in tech especially in Mobile related companies. Know what I'm saying?

Anyway, what I meant to say is that based on my research Blackberry as we know it will not be around in a year. They will break it up into a few companies to "extract shareholder value" one will do device hardware, one will do software and one will work with operators (mostly in Canada) on various integrated data services.

Then, over time, each one will get swallowed up by someone else. The company will shrink and shrink into oblivion (it has already started if you haven't noticed and it will get MUCH worse later this year.) The hardware business along with the BB brand and a select section of the IP portfolio (not the encryption or security sensitive stuff) will probably go to Lenovo. The integrated VAS and application services will go to someone like IBM or HP or Cisco that wants to strengthen their play in operator services and the OS/SW business-- probably go back and focus on what QNX did before. Also, maybe telematics and M2M might be a play there.

But I'll be carrying my BB and shaking my fist at all those "other" guys out there who are to blame for this. I know who they are!
    04-21-13 04:26 PM
    Ahhh... I think I may have discovered the flaw in your otherwise reasoned argument.

"Marketing"... it was always something RIM didn't seem to know how to do... and everything I've read about the progress of the US launches seems to demonstrate that they haven't learned.

Plus �a change...
    04-21-13 04:27 PM
    One thing for sure the top 4 carriers in the US are NOT "pushing" BlackBerry devices new or old in MY area.......period
    04-21-13 04:35 PM
    I am thinking I might go with the new brand called "U CRAZY" apparently they have some nice phones. BlackBerry Z10-Go Leafs Go
    Oh, and by the way, there is definitely a chance that in the not too distant future the "U CRAZY" brand will be running some variation of the BB10 OS. If you think about it, it's the only hope for survival at this point.
    04-21-13 04:35 PM
    04-21-13 04:46 PM
    I snooped by the bb10 launch in my city. Asked a blackberry rep (decked in black with the blackberry brand plastered in front) to recommend me a phone. She took out her Samsung and said im using this it's quite good
    04-21-13 05:07 PM
    You can"t blame the carriers. Blackberry fell behind and they moved on. I think they will come back around with the Q. But it was, after all, BB and not the carriers who decided to release a general market touch screen first.
    04-21-13 05:10 PM
    I'm a diehard BlackBerry fan.

However, the blame should not be put on the carriers as it was BlackBerry's fault for not knowing the changing needs of the end consumer. Verizon is going to buy what their end consumer wants, if their customers want iPhone or Android, they aren't going to buy BlackBerry devices to sell to their customers.

BlackBerry didn't realize the change in the end consumers needs and they got punished for it.

But now they have a product that is what the end consumer wants and it is just pushing BB10 through their distribution channels which they have done. They just need to get the end consumers to want to buy it so carriers want to sell it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure I understand this post. To me it sounds like your saying BlackBerry got burned because nobody wanted a BB anymore (I'm assuming legacy device) so the carriers are not properly supporting BB10 devices because they are BlackBerry devices? Just clarifying your thoughts. I understand that marketing is important but when the brand becomes more interesting to end users what are the carriers going to change to reflect that? The way they are treating the devices now is just hurting the brand even more. I think with that I can still blame the carriers for part of the lackluster US response. The other part is the fact that people still think the new BB is the old BB without trying the device. When they go try it at, let's say, a verizon store, what happens?
    04-21-13 05:12 PM
    Saw the Verizon BB Z10 commercial a couple times today.
    southlander likes this.
    04-21-13 05:28 PM
    All the demand is in the qwerty device??? Lol what are you talking about?

Even Thor said the all touch would outsell the qwerty 3 to 1. BB has to take some of the blame. They got themselves into this position. I don't think it's that bad though. I've been seeing Verizon commercials for the Z10 all day.
    04-21-13 05:55 PM
    The rest of the world is embracing BB10. There are over 600 carriers. Verizon alone can't take down blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:12 PM
    Oh, and by the way, there is definitely a chance that in the not too distant future the "U CRAZY" brand will be running some variation of the BB10 OS. If you think about it, it's the only hope for survival at this point.
    We just need to chill. BlackBerry is going to be fine

04-21-13 06:21 PM
    This is the most silly post I've read. I really thought you were being ironic when you said BlackBerry will be gone in a year.

BlackBerry has the best product on the market, and unless you have sales numbers to back up your FUD, may I humbly suggest you S T F U before you spew more asinine drivel.

People love the Z. I'm willing to bet it's selling quite nicely in the U.S. , and even if not, well, it's a big old world. I believe that my fellow Americans are smart enough for the Z and that the best product will ultimately prevail in the market, despite whatever shallow hype and vapid noise may lead some to the contrary opinion.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:27 PM
    Oh, and if Verizon doesn't support the finest mobile computing devices the world has yet seen, their business will suffer for it. The cream tends to rise in the good old USA. Sometimes it takes a while, but the good guys always win, which would be plainly obvious if you watched Hollywood films like the rest of us red-blooded Americans.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:35 PM
    Just try writing like that on the your toy phone...

Posted via CB10
    pili4 likes this.
    04-21-13 06:36 PM
    All the demand is in the qwerty device??? Lol what are you talking about?

Even Thor said the all touch would outsell the qwerty 3 to 1. BB has to take some of the blame. They got themselves into this position. I don't think it's that bad though. I've been seeing Verizon commercials for the Z10 all day.
    We'll see. The Q10 may sell better than anyone thought it would. Should be interesting.
    Rello and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-21-13 06:40 PM
    its only been a couple of months, give it time to come around. I think once business's get on board and staff and using them more and more people will see, (and be talking about them) that they are a great phone, and want to use the new BB's whether it be a Z10 or Q10.
    04-21-13 06:42 PM
36 12