- CrackBerry Master
- 1,329 Posts
Issue with BIS abroad!
I recently moved to Koodo after having been with TELUS, Rogers and Fido.
With all the carriers (except Koodo) whenever I would travel overseas, I would just connect with wifi to get BIS activation. I wouldn't even have to turn on network connections.
Once I got here and connected to wifi, I realized BIS didn't work. I called Koodo and they said you need to have two add-ons one of which costs $2. The guy also said "but you will incur roaming charges since you will be using the data of the country you're in" - I knew this information anyway because I never used roaming data, I Would always connect to wifi.
So even after subscribing to those add-ons, and turning wifi on, I am still not connected to BIS. Does anyone have any clue why?! This service worked perfectly fine with previous providers and I never paid anything for data roaming.
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks!8800 -> 9000 -> 9700 -> 9780 -> 9800 -> 9900 -> Q10 (FINALLY!!!)
Pin Sharing? www.PinSharing.com
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-04-2013, 08:45 AM #2
- 374 Posts
I've had similar problems before here in the UK, and I ended up just removing my sim, and going to one of the most popular sim's used for smartphones. Which here is O2. And that sorted it. Just go to the place with the best customer service, and they will help you through it.Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader
- By tommyw in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-20-2009, 08:36 PM
- By tommyw in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 07-20-2009, 08:36 PM
- By alect in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-28-2009, 09:26 PM
- By rbdynamics in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 13Last Post: 03-09-2009, 11:40 AM
- By mitch23 in forum Verizon WirelessReplies: 5Last Post: 02-25-2009, 01:31 AM