BlackBerry should come up with an iPod like device with BB10, IMO.
    What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 02:19 AM
    No.

Even Apple isn't focusing on their iPod.

One device for internet, media, communication. For BBRY to come out with their iteration of an iPod in this day and age would be going backwards.
    bbmtna, Dzyen and eldricho like this.
    05-17-13 02:44 AM
    in my opinion it would fail like the zune too many mp3 players out there trying to compete with apple and failing. Mp3's is something apple perfected look at the Ipod classic for example. It just works and the new nano. BlackBerry should sticks with mobile computing then move on to bigger and better things

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 02:44 AM
    Would be a waste of time and resources. Something like that would have very limited market appeal. Even though Apple still owns the media player segment, overall sales are declining year to year as smartphone adoption increases. Samsung tried to make an Android based media device that didn't do too well. BlackBerry would suffer the same fate.
    05-17-13 09:38 AM
    I pray to the gods they don't. What would be the point & benefit?
    05-17-13 11:14 AM
    To me it's a dumb idea. I stopped using my iPod when I discovered that my old BlackBerry Tour 9630 had a built in media player years ago. Now I just use the music player in my Z10. To me and most other people there's no point in carrying around a phone and and an mp3 player anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 11:40 AM
    The sooner there is an incredbile battery made for smartphone i have to keep my ipod.The ipod ain't even the problem its itunes just arrgh old also tired of wire syncing.

Seriously when and if BB get a tremendous battery.I will ditch my ipod so quick.BBlink even arranged my songs better than itunes sad state.If you knwo itunes the amount of fole namng you have to do to avoid clones arrragh.

Serious better battery and i will use my BB device as my music player easily no hesitation.
    05-17-13 11:49 AM
    Apple has a lock on that segment, and it's a dying segment anyways, in a few years children will have phones(however limited) with media players.
    05-17-13 06:56 PM
    Yeah, Apple has that field in lock down. I stopped using my ipod ever since I bought a blue tooth headphone to connect to my phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 10:39 PM
    I love my iPod touch. I don't think BlackBerry should ever make a device like an iPod.
    05-17-13 10:47 PM
    I fail to see the point. Blackberry is designed for communication, not media consumption. Take away it's cellphone chip and you lose almost all of it's functionality, and now you have to get a proper cellphone to make calls.
    05-18-13 12:33 AM
    The way of the consumer is in the direction of integration/consolidation.

For instance, think of the impact the cellphone - not just smartphones - but cell phones in general have made on the watch industry.

Most people don't buy/wear a watch anymore. Why? Because why bother with buying/wearing one when you're already bringing your phone along with you and it tells time. And the ones who do wear a watch, don't even use it to tell time. Don't believe me? Ask some people you can find who are wearing a watch, "What time is it?" and they'll instinctively look at their cell phone first.

Of course, there are times it's nice to wear a watch, such as special occasion dinners and such. But I also like listening to records (analog vinyl baby!) and tape cassettes but that doesn't mean I want to lug around a portable record player or walkman just for that 30-45 min train ride two and from work. And now I gotta worry about not losing the damn thing.

So yes, companies do make watches, and you'll see some people wear a watch for the actually utility for time keeping (again, not talking about watches in the sense of jewelry/fashion), but when it comes to telling time, even most watch-wearers will agree that they reach for their cell phone.

BBRY is a tech company and used to be known for keeping research in motion (see what I did there?). Integration/consolidation of devices, doing more with what is there, is where the future is going.
    05-18-13 04:17 PM