I carry both an iPhone and a blackberry on me at all times for both business and personal use. Company gave us iPhones so that is why I need a BB on me at all times, I'd rather have it backwards and let my company give us BB but they claim its not "up to date" now here's the thing iPhones email system is horrible, even when I turn on the push email for it I won't get emails til hours later after the blackberry gets them, it's horrible and how's a company rely on that? I don't understand how everyone isn't lost at work because without that blackberry holstered on my belt I'd be lost. I'm not even joking when I say hours, then they'll all just flood in hours after they were sent too my email and the bb receives them, it's unbelievable businesses rely on these things.
    a1s2d3f4g5 likes this.
    05-19-13 10:42 PM
    My company also provided iphones...mine is a3G!
    My Z10 is my personal phone. Can't get work email on it...but the iPhone gets its email a min or two before my work pc.

Sent via the awesome Zed10 BABY!
    05-19-13 10:55 PM
    Getting ready to be told iPhone has the best email and amazingly enough on a BB site.

The thing that is truely ridiculous is that BB gets ripped by the 'unbiased' users but I need to download an app if I want push email for my google accounts. So I now need two separate apps for my email. But obviously this never gets mentioned. When people argue they don't point out the other platforms faults or deficiencies. They just focus on BBs. But thats how it is here. I think its changed quite a bit though cause its hard to argue with how awesome BB10 is but as with all platforms there will be things to nit-pic.

I agree. Email on iphone is crap. Fortunately for me email isn't that important. If it was there is no doubt in my mind I would buy another BB asap.
    05-19-13 11:21 PM
    Oh dear, oh dear... That bad, eh?

Or is it perhaps just you that have a problem, your BB bias making you see problems that aren't really there?

Email on my iPhone works great, and I receive it instantly after sending it. Your coworkers apparently also don't have any major issues.

Another thing is: I assume you're talking about email on your corporate account, and not from a special BES server? In that case it makes even less sense, cause if your employer uses a regular Exchange server, there isn't any difference in when a blackberry connected to the account or an iPhone or Nexus phone get new emails.

BTW: Why do you need two email apps? Gmail and ICloud email work fine in the same mail app on my iPhone?!?
    05-19-13 11:36 PM
    I carry both an iPhone and a blackberry on me at all times for both business and personal use. Company gave us iPhones so that is why I need a BB on me at all times, I'd rather have it backwards and let my company give us BB but they claim its not "up to date" now here's the thing iPhones email system is horrible, even when I turn on the push email for it I won't get emails til hours later after the blackberry gets them, it's horrible and how's a company rely on that? I don't understand how everyone isn't lost at work because without that blackberry holstered on my belt I'd be lost. I'm not even joking when I say hours, then they'll all just flood in hours after they were sent too my email and the bb receives them, it's unbelievable businesses rely on these things.
    Rubbish.
    05-19-13 11:36 PM
    Oh dear, oh dear... That bad, eh?

Or is it perhaps just you that have a problem, your BB bias making you see problems that aren't really there?

Email on my iPhone works great, and I receive it instantly after sending it. Your coworkers apparently also don't have any major issues.

Another thing is: I assume you're talking about email on your corporate account, and not from a special BES server? In that case it makes even less sense, cause if your employer uses a regular Exchange server, there isn't any difference in when a blackberry connected to the account or an iPhone or Nexus phone get new emails.

BTW: Why do you need two email apps? Gmail and ICloud email work fine in the same mail app on my iPhone?!?

Proof here people.

You are all witness to the apple fanboy syndrome here on crackberry.

Ignore the truth at all costs for apple..........here on blackberry

Google's push Gmail changes surprise new iPhone buyers, Apple store reps

Its all right there. Expect not to hear from these posters for a while but they'll come back. I presume after using other accounts for a while.
    05-20-13 02:45 AM
    I don't really have issues with email not appearing quickly on my iPhone. I do sometimes have issues with it not working well when in offline situations (dialog after dialog after dialog popping up) and I do sometimes accidentally hit the trash instead of the home button though.

But it's serviceable. My biggest gripe with it is the atrocious auto-correcting that it does.
    05-20-13 03:42 PM
    Iphone email has been always horrible and now whole IOS seems horrible compared to BB 10

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 04:18 PM
    Proof here people.

You are all witness to the apple fanboy syndrome here on crackberry.

Ignore the truth at all costs for apple..........here on blackberry

Google's push Gmail changes surprise new iPhone buyers, Apple store reps

Its all right there. Expect not to hear from these posters for a while but they'll come back. I presume after using other accounts for a while.
    I do not think that applies to the OP's case. IMAP with push enabled will still push emails right away. That is how my Z10 is set and I assume the iphone with IMAP does the same. I think the OP is having some different issue.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-21-13 12:47 AM
    I have used both the z10 and the iPhone 5 with GMail using IMAP for GMail and CalDAV for my contacts and Calendar and both devices send and receive emails fine and display the proper Calendar and Contact information and sync fine.

I give the edge to the iPhone 5 and IOS for GMail at the moment because I can see all my emails without the 30 day limit and when I delete an email on my iPhone 5, it shows up in the GMail trash label like it should and not the "ALL" label like the z10.

I give the GMail Contacts and Calendar functions to the z10, I like the calendar display and notifications on the z10 and the ability to easily switch between my GMail, Linkedln, Facebook and Twitter contacts accounts. Where in IOS I have to have a separate app to isolate each contact group.

I was using a z10 on T-Mobile with 10.0.0.85 until yesterday when I sold it after having another two restarts while on an incoming phone call which is unacceptable to me in 2013. But as far a GMail is concerned, the z10 is a major improvement compared the other BB devices I have used in the past.
    05-21-13 06:27 AM
    Try managing multiple email accounts on an IPhone if you want to see how bad it is. I actually liked my IPhone except for that.

To be fair, maybe it's gotten better since then. It was over two years ago.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 08:33 AM
    Try managing multiple email accounts on an IPhone if you want to see how bad it is. I actually liked my IPhone except for that.

To be fair, maybe it's gotten better since then. It was over two years ago.
    I use my gmail, work and .Mac on my iPhone fairly well. The one thing I don't like is that it has multiple levels and it remains where you last were, even if you've completed contacting someone. More of a user experience thing. But I don't really have sync-speed issues with it.
    05-21-13 08:40 AM