I agree with donnation that seeing a cleaner result would be interesting, which is why using an Apple-specific app is nonsense and of interest only to the company, not the public. .
    When you say "nonsense", I'm guessing you meant to say that it's impossible. I didn't actually suggest that they would do it, only that it's the only way to get that result. As you point out...they would never do this.

Also, IMO integrity of the poll is not really the issue and a red herring. This consistent ballot stuffing potentially breeds a bad general impression of the BB community.
    How would anyone possibly know (unless someone is claiming that they did it) that there is any "ballot stuffing" and that it is specifically the fault of just the BB community?

CB members may think it awesome but it can make other readers simply roll their eyes and either ignore just about any discussion of BBRY or actively resent BB users for constantly spoiling things..
    Really? I agree some may see the suggestion and roll their eyes. But to see some person write one post and then conclude that they must resent ALL BB users for "constantly spoiling things"? I think that's a huuuuge stretch. Especially since the poll is spoiled to begin with.

And to be blunt, it's hypocritical to accuse the media of bias while actively engaging in promoting the same.
    Wait, what? Who is accusing the media of bias? And who is promoting some other sort of media bias?
    ArcPlug likes this.
    11-26-14 09:29 AM
    Do you have a link for that comment? First time I have heard it and would be quite contrversial if true.

And excusing one activity with another of dubious relevance isn't a great argument.
    My Bad ,lol
    11-26-14 09:38 AM
    A survey from cbc.ca , lets us vote for BlackBerry! here is the link: BlackBerry will pay iPhone users up to $600 to switch phones - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News

From my ? phone
    The market already voted:
    Passport sold at release 200k
    Iphone 6 sold at release 10 millions
    Blackberry expected sales in 2015: 10 millions
    Iphone expected sales in 2015: 190 millions
    Iphone users switching back to Blackberry: zero
    11-26-14 09:55 AM
    So Apple pays people to wait in line for that next big thing,so what is the difference if someone votes and has no intention of taking up the deal,I say go for it ,Perception is 9/10ths of the law in marketing,lol
    and berry fanboys write fake reviews on Amazon.com and other sites..and for BB managers to cite those on article is the ultimate low level marketing..i thought they scraped the bottom with TH but now JC is digging further
    11-26-14 10:02 AM
    When you say "nonsense", I'm guessing you meant to say that it's impossible. I didn't actually suggest that they would do it, only that it's the only way to get that result. As you point out...they would never do this.
    No, I meant nonsense to suggest since the original topic was about a web poll that is for the general web user's access, and non-iPhone users may also be interested in seeing the poll..

How would anyone possibly know (unless someone is claiming that they did it) that there is any "ballot stuffing" and that it is specifically the fault of just the BB community?
    People talk. And it's damn fast nowadays.

Really? I agree some may see the suggestion and roll their eyes. But to see some person write one post and then conclude that they must resent ALL BB users for "constantly spoiling things"? I think that's a huuuuge stretch. Especially since the poll is spoiled to begin with.
    Sure. Very easy to latch on to a whipping boy. I just have to point at the amazing Apple hate-on here despite the fact it was Android that did more damage to BlackBerry over the years than Apple did. And who cares if a web poll is not strictly statistically valid? I don't. I know that. The uncertainty can contribute to good discussion. I do care that something that might have shown some interesting trend worthy of discussion is spoiled. Actually, having just typed that I realize I am already demonstrating this alienation. I have no interest now in going to look at the data.

Wait, what? Who is accusing the media of bias? And who is promoting some other sort of media bias?
    Disingenuous. Media bias against BBRY is a rallying cry here. Encouraging stuffing a web poll to make the platform look favorable is using that tactic as well.
    solitude1984 likes this.
    11-26-14 10:07 AM
    No, I meant nonsense to suggest since the original topic was about a web poll that is for the general web user's access, and non-iPhone users may also be interested in seeing the poll..

Oh, ok. I didn't actually suggest that, someone else did. I just responded to that person and said that it's actually impossible due to the reasons you just stated.

Which means nothing. The poll is anonymous no matter who talks about what or how fast they do it.

Sure. Very easy to latch on to a whipping boy. I just have to point at the amazing Apple hate-on here despite the fact it was Android that did more damage to BlackBerry over the years than Apple did. And who cares if a web poll is not strictly statistically valid? I don't. I know that. The uncertainty can contribute to good discussion. I do care that something that might have shown some interesting trend worthy of discussion is spoiled. Actually, having just typed that I realize I am already demonstrating this alienation. I have no interest now in going to look at the data.
    Yep. It's a pointless poll in terms of actual accuracy. We agree.

Disingenuous. Media bias against BBRY is a rallying cry here. Encouraging stuffing a web poll to make the platform look favorable is using that tactic as well.
    The rallying cry.....HERE? In this thread? Again, more stretching. Do you know what media bias is? In this case....who would be the "media"? The anonymous voters in a poll?
    11-26-14 10:27 AM
    and berry fanboys write fake reviews on Amazon.com and other sites..and for BB managers to cite those on article is the ultimate low level marketing..i thought they scraped the bottom with TH but now JC is digging further
    JC is digging futher.....how? What did he do with Amazon reviews?

Yes, you point out that reviews must be taken with a grain of salt.....all reviews.
    11-26-14 10:29 AM
    The market already voted:
    Passport sold at release 200k
    Iphone 6 sold at release 10 millions
    Blackberry expected sales in 2015: 10 millions
    Iphone expected sales in 2015: 190 millions
    Iphone users switching back to Blackberry: zero
    Multiple problems with this...

First, the 200,000k was as many as they made and sold out in days....many more orders can't be filled so that number is pointless.
    Second, regardless of how many either sold, it has nothing to do with the question asked....at this moment....to potential iphone users about a possible switch.
    Thrid, you have absolutely no data whatsoever to show that there are "zero" people switching from Iphone to BlackBerry, and it's nearly ridiculous to make a claim that of the millions....no wait...tens of millions of Iphones ever sold.....that none of them might... at some point.... get replaced by a BlackBerry.

All credibility lost. Back to Imore. Don't forget your white cable.
    spikesolie and Deitzanova like this.
    11-26-14 10:33 AM
    So what these results say is that 11,000+ people are not BB fan boys,so I guess word is getting out,right?
    Except there is no limit to the number of times you may vote. So it could just be two teenagers in the basement sniping at one another.

But if you like to feel this signals the impending doom of Apple, be my guest.
    11-26-14 11:35 AM
    Why are there IPhone fans hanging around a BlackBerry fan site complaining that there are too many BlackBerry fans here.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-26-14 11:41 AM
    Why are there IPhone fans hanging around a BlackBerry fan site complaining that there are too many BlackBerry fans here.

Posted via CB10
    WTF are you talking about? No one has complained about that.
    11-26-14 11:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    They are hurting bad..hehe. Poor souls.

From my ? phone.
    11-26-14 11:57 AM
    Aren't iPhone people with a sheep mentality? Or am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    It's the latter. You are wrong.
    shaleem and solitude1984 like this.
    11-26-14 12:47 PM
    I'm going to vote no even though I don't have an iPhone. Because I know most that do will not.
    shaleem likes this.
    11-26-14 12:51 PM
    Aren't iPhone people with a sheep mentality? Or am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Talk about sheep mentality. Read some of the threads here. All the clever souls who think they are so much more aware than others because they use a BlackBerry. They appear to have an insatiable need to ridicule and bash users of other phones. Why is that? Is it because they have a need to feel that they are somehow superior to everyone else? It is pathetic. And please, don't anyone tell me not to read the threads if I don't like what I read. Seriously, why would anyone give a **** what phone anyone else uses, or care what anyone thinks of their own choice of phone? And yes, I am a BlackBerry user and have been for years. Of course, I also use a Samsung Note 3 because I like it.
    11-26-14 02:07 PM
    What the hell would Chen do if 10 million Iphone users wanted to take him up on this bullchit offer? They can't provide stock for the minuscule percentage of the population that were actually willing to buy a passport before this promotion. It's absurd that they could accommodate a significant shift in the marketplace from Iphone to passport. At best Iphone users would still be hanging onto their Iphone 6's when the Iphone 26's came out, whilst waiting for Rimberry to ship them a passport.

Maybe if Iphone users wanted to destroy blackberry (like blackberry users would like to do to apple so badly) they would take Chen up on his offer and watch the company implode. Then they could go merrily stand in line for days waiting for the next 100 million Iphones to be manufactured.
    11-26-14 02:42 PM
    What the hell would Chen do if 10 million Iphone users wanted to take him up on this bullchit offer?
    Um, well, perhaps he'd jump for joy, then place more orders. Not sure why you'd ask such a pointless hypothetical question.

They can't provide stock for the minuscule percentage of the population that were actually willing to buy a passport before this promotion.
    Because they didn't want to end up with lots of phones like the Z10s. Seem kind of obvious why they took a more conservative approach this time.

It's absurd that they could accommodate a significant shift in the marketplace from Iphone to passport.
    Which is why nobody ever suggested that until you just did.

At best Iphone users would still be hanging onto their Iphone 6's when the Iphone 26's came out, whilst waiting for Rimberry to ship them a passport.
    More rhetoric. BB took way less time than that to make another run. But please, proceed Governor.

Maybe if Iphone users wanted to destroy blackberry (like blackberry users would like to do to apple so badly) they would take Chen up on his offer and watch the company implode.
    How would that make the company implode? By placing an order for one of their products. Perhaps you should take a business 101 course.

Then they could go merrily stand in line for days waiting for the next 100 million Iphones to be manufactured.
    Wait.... what? They just ordered a Passport. Why would they stand in line for an Iphone? Your post makes no sense, however perfectly aligns with your screen name.
    graxyq likes this.
    11-26-14 03:33 PM
    It's the latter. You are wrong.
    Actually many of them are. I know some of them. Many don't even understand there is a difference between an Iphone and (any other) smartphone. They think it's one in the same. Genius marketing has its spoils.
    11-26-14 03:35 PM
    Hey donnation! If you click yes on the poll we have a chance to win this!!! Awesome right!?
    11-26-14 03:41 PM
    That might be true if most of the people that pay attention to this kind of thing weren't already familiar with Crackberry's renowned zealotry when it comes to online polls.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-26-14 03:42 PM
    What the hell would Chen do if 10 million Iphone users wanted to take him up on this bullchit offer? They can't provide stock for the minuscule percentage of the population that were actually willing to buy a passport before this promotion. It's absurd that they could accommodate a significant shift in the marketplace from Iphone to passport. At best Iphone users would still be hanging onto their Iphone 6's when the Iphone 26's came out, whilst waiting for Rimberry to ship them a passport.

Maybe if Iphone users wanted to destroy blackberry (like blackberry users would like to do to apple so badly) they would take Chen up on his offer and watch the company implode. Then they could go merrily stand in line for days waiting for the next 100 million Iphones to be manufactured.
    This is all publicity. He knows virtually no one is going to take him up on it.
    Because you're right,...they'd LOSE money if iPhone owners in significant numbers come forward.
    11-26-14 03:45 PM
    That might be true if most of the people that pay attention to this kind of thing weren't already familiar with Crackberry's renowned zealotry when it comes to online polls.
    So, are you saying that most people who read stories on the cbc.ca are aware of "Crackberry's renowned zealotry when it comes to online polls".
    11-26-14 03:51 PM
    This is all publicity. He knows virtually no one is going to take him up on it.
    Because you're right,...they'd LOSE money if iPhone owners in significant numbers come forward.
    How would they loose money? They buy phones and replace them with BlackBerry's then sell those iphones on the after-market and end up with a bunch of people carrying passports. Not a huge money maker but they nudge people into a product they might not otherwise consider and then hopefully like so much they tell others. He's trying to prime the pump.
    11-26-14 03:55 PM
    Wow hot debate over hot air....

Its an online poll folks..not an election for government.

Just like they say about polls in elections, the only one that matters is the actual vote...moving that analogy to this; the only poll that matters is the actual sales.

The rest is just noise and fun fodder...enjoy life, why be so passionate about a dumb non scientific poll? The true issue at hand is why we tax paying CDN's are paying a BILLION dollars to this corporation to compete with private corporations.

As this is not a political site I will not engage in a public broadcaster debate...just using it as a juxtaposition against the inane arguments posed in this thread. At least I was able to extract a modicum of value from all the money I have sent to this entity by using their site to extend my myopic view of the mobile device world. :grin:
    11-26-14 04:07 PM
    1. As an investor, I can assure you that John Chen would not do anything at BBRY to LOSE money on purpose. He's doing everything within his power to bring BlackBerry back, and part of that is meeting "analyst" expectations (i.e. becoming cash flow positive, and profitable). The next 12 or so months are a critical junction for BlackBerry, and if this deal was going to lose money for them, it would not have happened. They're shifting towards being software-focused, so making a deal like this just to push handsets for the sake of pushing out handsets would not make sense at all. In other words, they wouldn't lose money on purpose just to increase BB10 market share.

No one knows the full details of this deal, obviously, but I can guarantee you John Chen is not stupid - he would not lose money just to sell BB10 handsets, especially when BlackBerry is becoming a software-oriented company.

2. To all you morons bashing people on here for "skewing" the poll and encouraging a "sheep-like" following: the fact that you're posting on CrackBerry means you have used, or currently use, a BlackBerry device (or are planning to). If you want BlackBerry to CONTINUE making devices, their handset division has to be profitable - if it is not, Chen will can it. You should be doing whatever you can, within reason and within your power, to help BlackBerry sell handsets. If you don't want to use BlackBerry handsets, then yes, continue to bash people on here. However, the fact that you're posting on CRACKBERRY almost definitely means you use a BlackBerry device, in which case you should quieten down.

It doesn't matter if we skew a poll or encourage people to act like sheep - as long as it helps BB10 market share increase, who cares? I love my passport, and I want BlackBerry to continue making devices for a long time. If you want that as well, then be a team player, and stop bashing people on here.
    Last edited by zocster; 11-27-14 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Language
    11-26-14 04:15 PM
114 12345