Well my wife is on with an Apple rep using my Z10 while troubleshooting issues with her iphone 5, she is dealing with more crap with her phone... Go figure....
    Cool. Here's hoping you never have an issue with your Z because I can guarantee you won't get the same level of support from BB tech. Which is why I'm posting from a 5 right now and not the Z.

If any iPhone after 3 months started doing what my Z did, and after all the troubleshooting still did it, I would walk into an Apple store and be handed a new phone. I got a derisive snort and a "I can assure you the problem isn't OUR phone". Thanks BB.

Idiots.
    07-05-13 07:00 AM
    Sold...done with those crappy iphones ..Will use money for BlackBerry Astro model.

Posted via CB10
    Convenient. Did you sell to one of the posters here?
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-05-13 07:09 AM
    Convenient. Did you sell to one of the posters here?
    I'll take ANY bets on that. LOL.
    07-05-13 07:12 AM
    Usually to help those having issues.

As far as me being a blackberry hater? You're correct. I hate liars. I hate bad business. I hate uninspired products. The fact I purchased a Bold 9650 for $200, when it was basically a Tour.. With a track pad! STILL disgusts me. Don't get me started.
    So perfect, you hated your phone you replaced it, you hate a company then replace the account you have associated with the board that supports that company so people who like it don't have to read through your displeasure. That would be a win win for all of us, you included. Wouldn't be reminded of how much blackberry wronged you if you left altogether right?

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    07-05-13 07:35 AM
    This is the issue of iPhone 5. Please look at how iPhone 5 performs! I did a speed test on my wife's iPhone 5 and my Z10 at the same spot on LTE network of same carrier last night. My Z10 got 32.43 Mbps (7/3/2013) while on the other hand the iPhone 5 ridiculously got 2.41 Mbps. The fastest speed my wife has got on her iPhone 5 on LTE so far is 32.78 Mbps. The fastest speed I have got on my Z10 on LTE so far is 49.25 Mbps with same carrier in the same city. In terms of speed, which one wins?

Attachment 179086Attachment 179087
    Lol even the speed test screen on the z10 makes the iphone look like a little toy Elmo phone lmao!

Posted via CB10
    melb_me likes this.
    07-05-13 07:42 AM
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Yup. Z10 clearly wins.

Now where is my banking app to check my balance after yestwrday's parties? Oh and I want to load a pic to Instagram to share with the travel forum. Ah!!!!! And I want to map out the route to the National Archives and take a close up satellite shot. And while I'm at it I want to check out if there have been new diesel trucks come in at Carmax. And tonight I want to send Outback my regular standing order for curbside pickup.

Oh wait.....ummmm......nevermind.......cant do thise wee everyday tasks like I want to. But my LTE is FASTER that my iPhone!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    With the exception of Instagram, everything else you mentioned can be accomplished through web apps (with the possible exception of some banks), so the disparity isn't quite extreme as some would believe. (I'm not claiming web apps are a replacement for apps, but they often are an acceptable alternative.) Of course, the iOS and Android app options often make the web app a standby option instead of the primary, and there certainly are some advantages to native apps over web apps (not the least of which is the reduced amount of data needed once the app is downloaded; even if the Z10 is faster than the iPhone 5 on data connection the Z10 is going to have to load more data because its users are probably going to use web apps which require that each page be loaded, instead of just the delta data).

What I find fascinating here is that RTang's claim is the opposite of what we heard when the iPhone 3G was released. Though many at the time touted the 3G's speed, BlackBerry users, many of whom were using devices not equipped with 3G, claimed that such speed was unnecessary for smartphone productivity. Times really have changed.
    07-05-13 08:16 AM
    Lol even the speed test screen on the z10 makes the iphone look like a little toy Elmo phone lmao!

Posted via CB10
    😒...yes. That's TOTALLY what it shows.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    07-05-13 09:25 AM
    You need to understand the concept of why an app is free and maybe dig a little deeper in your pocket if you really like the app.

This is BS.

The OS is bigger than you.

Notifications in Settings exist for a reason. Its one of the things "Apple shoves down your throat".
    Perhaps the OS is too simple for you.
    Attachment 179008 Attachment 179004

Yeah, we can. User Error.

No, you don't.

You have a say in the phone. You can choose not to buy it, or do some research first.
    The only apps that Apple "shoves down your throat" are the stock apps. BB has no stock apps?

No, it doesn't look like a rant, it has more of a FUD ring to it.
    Scroll, scroll, scroll yawn! yup 5 word answers really changed my mind, I will be keeping my 4S!
    07-05-13 10:41 AM
    With the exception of Instagram, everything else you mentioned can be accomplished through web apps (with the possible exception of some banks), so the disparity isn't quite extreme as some would believe. (I'm not claiming web apps are a replacement for apps, but they often are an acceptable alternative.) Of course, the iOS and Android app options often make the web app a standby option instead of the primary, and there certainly are some advantages to native apps over web apps (not the least of which is the reduced amount of data needed once the app is downloaded; even if the Z10 is faster than the iPhone 5 on data connection the Z10 is going to have to load more data because its users are probably going to use web apps which require that each page be loaded, instead of just the delta data).

What I find fascinating here is that RTang's claim is the opposite of what we heard when the iPhone 3G was released. Though many at the time touted the 3G's speed, BlackBerry users, many of whom were using devices not equipped with 3G, claimed that such speed was unnecessary for smartphone productivity. Times really have changed.
    Note that I mentioned that I said I wanted to so things in the way I wanted. With native apps. No side loads. No Android. Native BlackBerry apps

As far as the speeds......I bought the 3GS because I could not deal with the poor 8310 browser. That was how I dealt with the horrible BlackBerry browser.

I use three platforms. Not one is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    07-05-13 11:07 AM
    This is the issue of iPhone 5. Please look at how iPhone 5 performs! I did a speed test on my wife's iPhone 5 and my Z10 at the same spot on LTE network of same carrier last night. My Z10 got 32.43 Mbps (7/3/2013) while on the other hand the iPhone 5 ridiculously got 2.41 Mbps. The fastest speed my wife has got on her iPhone 5 on LTE so far is 32.78 Mbps. The fastest speed I have got on my Z10 on LTE so far is 49.25 Mbps with same carrier in the same city. In terms of speed, which one wins?

I get those speeds here in St Louis. I'll have to dig up my results that I posted on iMore.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    07-05-13 11:16 AM
    Note that I mentioned that I said I wanted to so things in the way I wanted. With native apps. No side loads. No Android. Native BlackBerry apps
    You did say you wanted to do several things, but you never explicitly a particular way of doing it, which implied (to me, at least) that native apps are the only way to do those things. As your clarification explains, you were being more specific than I understood you to be. My mistake.
    07-05-13 11:43 AM
    I get more than 40 Mbps regularly on my iPhone 5 at my office on LTE. I have gotten 50 Mbps. The best signal I have gotten with any phone is with my iPhone 5. My Z10 is virtually equivalent, and I see no difference between the two.

To the OP, your wife's phone either has an issue, you were testing at different times or places, or the test is BS. This thread has no basis in reality in terms of comparing the two phones or downing the iPhone. I find both phones fast.
    07-05-13 11:46 AM
    You did say you wanted to do several things, but you never explicitly a particular way of doing it, which implied (to me, at least) that native apps are the only way to do those things. As your clarification explains, you were being more specific than I understood you to be. My mistake.
    No worries love.
    To explain I love to run my phones stock and with native apps. In this manner I theoretically ensure that I will have no conflicts.

Theoretically.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-05-13 12:33 PM

Aside from all the other points made here; like I'm supposed to believe you performed those speed tests in the same exact area. You post a screen shot and then a pic of the iPhone looking all dirty. You clearly aren't neutral here.
    07-06-13 12:26 PM
    Aside from all the other points made here; like I'm supposed to believe you performed those speed tests in the same exact area. You post a screen shot and then a pic of the iPhone looking all dirty. You clearly aren't neutral here.
    That's what it is. The picture of iPhone that looked dirty was because the picture effect. It is 100% currently used by my wife and I was 100% doing the speed test at the same spot side by side at home using the same carrier's LTE network. Please have a closer look at the time and date I did the test on both screenshot before making such comment. I know people do not face the reality of iPhone performing poorly than other phones. I was from iPhone (iPhone 4). I used to believe Apple's products were the best on the market but now I know I was wrong after using Z10.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    07-06-13 12:43 PM
    That's what it is. The picture of iPhone that looked dirty was because the picture effect. It is 100% currently used by my wife and I was 100% doing the speed test at the same spot side by side at home using the same carrier's LTE network. Please have a closer look at the time and date I did the test on both screenshot before making such comment. I know people do not face the reality of iPhone performing poorly than other phones. I was from iPhone (iPhone 4). I used to believe Apple's products were the best on the market but now I know I was wrong after using Z10.

Did you have wifi disabled on both?
    07-06-13 04:40 PM
    Did you have wifi disabled on both?
    Yes, I disabled wifi on both in order to avoid screwing up the test.

07-06-13 06:07 PM

Your test may have proved your Z does better than your wife's iPhone, but I have put mine up against several other phones and the iPhone has always matched the competition. Plus it gets great reviews in the area of speed. Your point is not well made with one example. My Z was no faster than my iPhone, period. The comparison is not sufficient.
    07-07-13 06:14 PM
    07-07-13 06:54 PM
    I think your questions about ads have been answered. Definitely check out the Q10 and let us know if you have any questions. For what it's worth, I went from the Z10 to the Q10 and have ZERO regrets.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:01 PM
    That photo is funny

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 10:17 PM
146 ... 456