Let me get this straight...we're ALL effectively paying more because the carriers are losing in the near-term with iphones?!?!? WTF??? If the iphone costs the carriers more than those who want an iphone PAY MORE!!!! Why are we all subsidizing the use of Apple??? This is infuriating! I will never have an iphone because I don't want one. Therefore I shouldn't have to pay more because everyone else has to have it.If Apple doesn't lower their prices carriers should be charging $400 for the dam thing and put the burden where it belongs.
    scott.slater likes this.
    02-08-12 03:39 PM
    I learned that many decades ago. Never crap on your competitors product. Prove in a respectful manner why your product would be more of a benefit than your competitors.. And service, service etc..
    Y'up. Every product has it pluses and minuses. If you waste your meeting trashing your competitor, you lose the opportunity to speak to why your product is the better fit for what your client is looking for.
    02-08-12 03:56 PM
    Let me get this straight...we're ALL effectively paying more because the carriers are losing in the near-term with iphones?!?!? WTF??? If the iphone costs the carriers more than those who want an iphone PAY MORE!!!! Why are we all subsidizing the use of Apple??? This is infuriating! I will never have an iphone because I don't want one. Therefore I shouldn't have to pay more because everyone else has to have it.If Apple doesn't lower their prices carriers should be charging $400 for the dam thing and put the burden where it belongs.
    Yes. That's it exactly..............

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-08-12 04:22 PM
    Whoa. There was also he part about carriers needing more to expand and grow their networks.

I'm with Sprint and, as of now at least, don't pay data charges. I don't mind giving them an extra flat $10 a month if it means a faster network. I don't think that has anything to do with the iPhone because it was that we an entire year before they started selling it.
    02-08-12 05:06 PM
    If that plan worked best for the carriers, they would do it. You can only influence them by switching to a carrier that does not subsidize the iPhone. TMobile currently in the US.

It will be very, very difficult to convince carriers that they should abandon the pricing model that is in their long-term best interest.
    02-08-12 05:15 PM
    Gah. My first duplicate post on CB. Oh, the shame...
    soo007 likes this.
    02-08-12 05:16 PM
    Apple greed just might be opprtunity for rim to come back. Rim just needs the new phones to come out faster. "
    Thats the one thing that would do it for me
    02-08-12 06:45 PM
    BB10 phones will have an ecosystem for consumers when it's launched

And for me, after owning the playbook for about 6 months, the OS has been 'bullet proof.
    My 9800, a great useful phone, has not

A 'different' experience and solid reliability should bring back former BBers and attract newbies looking for something 'different' but still good

I see carriers eagerly selling RIMs new 'solid' devices if the profit margins are better.
    02-08-12 09:01 PM
    I agree. Rim should come out with 9810 version of the new bb10 phone. Bigger screen,new os, larger screen. Blackberry is all about quick communication and frankly typing on any virtual phone keyboard plainly sucks imo.

Rim is not loosing market share because it's hardware is inferior or does not look cool but because os feels outdated. It is not smooth
    As a percentage of BB7 phones sold, how many are/were 9810's? I would hazard a guess at a reasonably small percentage. If RIM were to release a BB10 version of the 9810 as their first BB10 handset I think you can almost guarantee their failure.
    02-08-12 09:35 PM
    Carriers should charge BlackBerry users less for data. Charge more data hogging devices
    02-08-12 09:38 PM
    If the BB10 will be a good device then all they need to do is to advertise it correctly. and that's it.. most of RIM problems are related to people that work for carriers and using iPhones.. and say wrong things about RIM and Blackberry devices.

iPhone is not that good as people think it is.
    02-09-12 06:27 AM
    As a percentage of BB7 phones sold, how many are/were 9810's? I would hazard a guess at a reasonably small percentage. If RIM were to release a BB10 version of the 9810 as their first BB10 handset I think you can almost guarantee their failure.
    I meant sort of like 9810. Type of london with sliding keyboard. I like my 9810 a lot this is good phone. It is really best of both worlds. Still 9900 looks so much more professional imo.

I guess I feel that many bb users who switched to iphone or android think that current os is clunky and feels old. But I also honestly think that many have that sweet spot for bb and they would give bb try again with new os. I love pb and it is really cool exerience, os2 will be huge improvement. I think os2 in bb london would be absolutely awesome. Rim takes huge risks and this might (I feel it will) pay off in big dividends. Finally apple greed will turn back at the company. No one like to be bullied and this what apple does. Phone carriers might get back at apple just tO teach apple a lesson. Also iphone "coolness" might go away. Apple used to be special. Bmw type of experience, now it is peoples phone. Volksphone if you will. So bb might never be #1 again but bb might become the bmw of the phone world and I am fine with this.
    02-09-12 08:38 AM
    oh you big dummy....
    02-09-12 09:34 AM
    Oh the horror!
    02-09-12 11:20 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD