This week I heard the Curve beat out the iPhone for the number one selling phone in the country,This got me thinking. With Apple only releasing 1 iPhone a year,And RIM releasing many Blackberry' on every network year round. Can the iPhone maintain it's popularity? I had an iPhone for over a year ,Finally left it because it lacks some of the most basic features you would expect with a smart phone. If Apple intends on releasing only one iPhone a year and only being available on one network. I think your going to see more people like myself who leave the iPhone looking for something better.
    05-10-09 07:44 PM
    Apple has never been about market, they only care about profit share and they are making a boatload right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 07:52 PM
    The Curve is buy one - get one on Verizon. Of course it beat out the iPhone. Regardless of what some people say, we need competition from Apple and others to push the envelope. We, in turn, win with new innovations. You may see people leave the iPhone for other phones, but millions left other phones for the iPhone too.
    05-10-09 08:00 PM
    In addition to what Jeff just mentioned, the reason that the Curve is number one is because it's available for every carrier.

Most of the basic features that you were looking for will be available in version 3.0.

Apple has nothing to worry about at this point.
    05-10-09 08:01 PM
    I've had my iPod Touch for about a year and a half now, and still can't stand typing on it. Make way too many mistake and takes forever to type out an email. I type 38 wpm on my Bold. I even tried the touch Storm and it sucks too. I find that even harder than the iPod Touch because of the multi-tap and actually having to push the screen. Sorry guys...but physical touch keyboards are the way to go. Touch is horrible on such a small screen.
    05-10-09 08:22 PM
    I don't see how it's losing at all actually... I only see us consumers winning.

The iPhone is $199/$299 if eligible. $399/$499 if you can get an early upgrade and forgot the no commitment pricing.

The Curve not only has BOGO from Verizon, but on AT&T, they are free! (if you have discounts being applied to your account). You have four major carriers (as well as several little ones) and three types of Curves (8310/8320/8330) with a lot of people holding out for the new iPhone, I would expect to see the Curve being on top.
    05-10-09 08:41 PM
    Just watch when the new iPhone comes out. It will sell more phones in one weekend than a lot of phones do in one year (1 million+ at least).
    05-10-09 09:39 PM
    In addition to what Jeff just mentioned, the reason that the Curve is number one is because it's available for every carrier.

Most of the basic features that you were looking for will be available in version 3.0.

Of course it does. Cellphone market is extremly competitve. Now the market is reaching a point of saturation, all makers will be going after market share instead of growth. Unless Apple goes nonexclusive, RIM will continue to offer more devices on more carriers and cut out Apple like IBM and Microsoft did in the PC market.

05-11-09 09:43 AM
    Just watch when the new iPhone comes out. It will sell more phones in one weekend than a lot of phones do in one year (1 million+ at least).
    Yeah there's no reason for iPhones to have huge amount of sales last quarter or this quarter when a new iphone is coming out; which like you said will sell like its free when its released....

05-11-09 10:03 AM

Technically every phone is available for ever Carrier

Unlocked phones FTW
    05-11-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD