IT: iPhone with iOS 6 vs. BlackBerry 10

The majority of iPhone owners couldn�t be more excited when they think about the upcoming features within iOS 6, which by now most of us know these features thanks to details on the official website, hidden features showing up in betas, and of course a nice iOS 6 demo had been seen during the WWDC 2012 keynote.

Enterprise/IT success for an iPhone with iOS 6 � we spoke about the new iOS, expected within the next few weeks, and how Apple is securing business adoption in an earlier article and last month we noted how iPhone 5 would gain an enterprise advantage. Today we wanted to highlight another take on Apple and their appeal to business/IT users, which takes a look at what these users want from iOS 6 and the next iPhone.
    The article, seen here, points out that iOS 5 didn�t improve much when it comes to �mobile management capabilities�, and then focuses in detail on certain areas of iOS that need to see major improvement with the next major OS update. These include app management, more volume licensing options, OS level content lockers, advanced network options and improved security, privacy, and a lot more.
    Take a look at the above article and let us know how close you think Apple will get to meeting the wide range of suggestions offered, which in our opinion will be too much of a jump this time around.

The most important area for improvement for IT/business � While the author mentions app management as being the most important area needing improvement, we�d have to disagree after speaking to a number of companies and employees using work provided BlackBerry smartphones. It seems that a massive number of companies are still sticking by RIM BlackBerry, which we�ve been told is due to �security concerns� with Android and iOS when compared to BlackBerry smartphones.

BlackBerry 10 with multi-layered security � It is understandable why security is important to companies and their IT workers, so it looks like Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and Apple�s iOS 6 would need to at least meet what BlackBerry 10 is offering if they with to gain these IT/business users. To understand just how far BlackBerry go with securing their smartphones, you need to read this article that details the multi-layered security being designed for BlackBerry 10. We�ve also included a video below that gives a demo of BB10′s Peek and Glancing gestures.
    Would you like to see iOS and Android take over enterprise? We�ve heard from a couple of our readers that claim �most I.T. shops are clueless�, and would love to see iOS take over enterprise � how about you?

IT: iPhone with iOS 6 vs. BlackBerry 10 - ProductReviews
    08-31-12 12:15 PM
    The "proof is in the pudding". When both platforms come out, we will see what happens. Until then, it is all purely speculation.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    08-31-12 04:47 PM
    iOS is dying. With that being said iPhones are a fad. Nothing more than the "I want what everyone else has so ill fit it" mentality for probably more than 50% of apple's customers.

The reason I say its dying is because its the same OS that apple released back in 2007. It hasn't changed much from a "look and feel" standpoint. That has everything to do with apple wanting their target audience to be between the ages of 13 and 80. And they have done just that. My uncle who could barely use his 7 year old Motorola razr flip phone just got an iPhone and has learned to use text messaging and facebook and in a wider respect the internet.

Apple isn't going to change anything until they start loosing customers to android and (hopefully) RIM.

I personally am really sick of apple releasing the same Damn phone every year with ONE feature that is an actual selling point and 199 smaller features that should have been released 1 or 2 is updates ago and calling it revolutionary and more specifically NEW. There is gonna have to be a major hardware upgrade for me to even consider getting the next iPhone.
    Last edited by TheDutSerio; 08-31-12 at 05:37 PM.
    beamolite and morganplus8 like this.
    08-31-12 05:23 PM
    TDS,

Largely agree. Thing is Doird has the same problem.
    09-01-12 12:14 AM
    Truth is that all mobile platforms suffer from this. I have an android and I agree but I find it nice to be away from ios. But so far everything I see from BB os 7.1 its not much different from my old pearl.

The reason I want a blackberry again is not to get rid of my other phones but rather to have options. I'm not hardcore one way or another. But options are nice and I don't have to worry about transferring everything over because I keep essential data on my computer and data on my phone minimal.
    09-01-12 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD