As mentioned that's an old phone, but apart from that iPhones are made to be simple and pretty, the simplicity gives it instant mass appeal and the pretty gives it the cool factor which some call the sheep factor. They're very good phones no doubt but a bit too boring for me, I seem to like what others find complicated......and keyboards....big ones!
    I don't get the "ease of use" of an iPhone. Why is a double-press of the home button easier than swiping up for multitasking?

Why is having to track through tons of apps to find notifications you might have swept away easier than having all notifications centrally and permanently in one spot?

Why is it easier to NOT be able to manage a document if you don't have the app for it installed?

In what world is iTunes "user friendly" and "easy"?

What is "easy" (compared to BB10) about managing and sending multiple attachments on the iPhone when composing an email?

I believe TgeekB was on the right track when he talked about the "ecosystem" of **people** that are available to help out with an iPhone.

I don't see the iPhone as objectively easier than BB10, but the difference is that if you have any problem with your iPhone you can open your eyes and the random guy on the subway in front of you can probably tell you how to accomplish your task since he probably also owns or has owned an iPhone.

My GF recently got a Z30, and -- of course -- I am always nearby to help out. She finds the Z30 the height of simplicity, to the point that she usually gives me the "I'm not stupid!" look when I volunteer any info about how to do stuff on it. She is not a techy by any wild stretch of the imagination, nor is she a 'natural' on mobile devices (or any kind of PC for that matter)! But she had me there in that crucial first few days with the phone to say "all you do is 'this' to do 'that'".

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    Last edited by mnc76; 12-22-14 at 01:40 AM.
    12-22-14 12:01 AM
    Iphone is just the best and coolest device ever. Why? Because everyone has it! And it is just awesome to show that you are also a great sheep! Why being unique and think for yourself, right? Just show that you want to "fit in". LOL
    im so with you on this I don't how many times I have hear someone say ..............my friend got one and its great im going to get one ............. I don't know all sheep ive never had an iphone and to be honest have never wanted one
    12-22-14 12:38 AM
    I think some people need to justify their purchases by tearing down the other choices. A weird human phenomenon, but it seems to happen!

It's easy for me (and others) to see and admit the strengths and weaknesses in all the mobile platforms. Some just have better implementation than the other. A lot of it is personal user preference too. I may prefer iPhone's calendar over BlackBerry and others may not. So there's that too.

I'm not sure what the fuss is over iPhone's email. I use an outlook.com address and the email is fine. It's as fast as BlackBerry and seems to have most of the same features. The email is push and syncs with my account. Works great.

What is better about BlackBerry email over iPhone again?

Regarding security, I haven't had an issue with that using BlackBerry, Apple or Android! Granted, Android apps asked for a lot of permissions that I didn't like. But I have used all three platforms for banking and never had one problem.
    I, like some of my clients like to have the option of deleting the email from the phone and leaving it on my computer and having the ability to attach as many different attachments as I need to when replying or creating a new email.
    12-22-14 12:40 AM
    I don't understand the issue. I can do this fine on my iPhone. I have Docs to Go though (which I use on any device).

I can send a PDF, Word or Excel, and Power Point document and a picture using email...
    I guess you haven't tried or have had the need to reply to an email with several different attachments (pdf, doc,xls) all in one email then.
    phuoc and Chrisy like this.
    12-22-14 12:54 AM
    By the way, the OP was only stating his opinions about the device so no need to attack him for that. If you've got nothing good to say, you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along.
    So this forum only wants discussion where users complacently agree with one another?
    Chrisy and TGR1 like this.
    12-22-14 12:57 AM
    So this forum only wants discussion where users complacently agree with one another?
    I thought I didn't have to explain it, but "nothing good to say" means stating your views in a way that is not disrespectful or insulting. Disagreeing and giving your opinions without attacking anyone is perfectly fine.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-22-14 01:03 AM
    Exactly. Why does the OP need to confirm this? He had nothing to do with it.
    He doesn't. It was a not uncommon manner of establishing a common discussion point.
    reeneebob likes this.
    12-22-14 01:09 AM
    Wow..I don't get why some BB users feel the need to defend themselves in these threads. Can we take second here and agree that the IPhone is a great phone. Is that so hard to admit? Has the best unmatched camera hands down, ease of use and appealing UI and OS. What's so wrong with that? I have a z10 and it works for me but I find it really annoying when BlackBerry lovers brag about how BB devices and BB10 are the best.

Posted via CB10
    Well no. Used iPhones... hate them. So from _my_ perspective iPhones are NOT great phones. Quit trying to tell people how to think.
    iPhones seem to be great phones for others, and very popular. Doesn't mean squat to me.

I'd take Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, or flip phone before an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 01:36 AM

Those apk files that you bought from Amazon? We'll I hope you remember what you bought so you can download them again, because like your Contact Groups that you had to build manually, they won't be there when the phone's restored.

Posted via Q10 CB10
    Wouldn't they be in your Amazon account? I'm asking because I haven't searched for the apps I got and then just got rid of. They were so slow and glitchy that I just called it a failed experiment and realised I could never again run my BlackBerry as my primary device under the new Android app direction.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-22-14 at 03:49 AM.
    12-22-14 03:35 AM
    And if you put a BlackBerry in the hands of the people who were struggling with their iPhone I'm sure they'd have the same problems. Some people just don't do well with technology, period. My parents and aunt are like that. My aunt has used the same flip phone for 9 years and would be absolutely clueless if you put any smartphone in front of her.

And if you think Chrisy is part of an "icult" you're sorely mistaken.
    Can't tell you how many people got completely lost with gestures on my Z.
    Can't judge anything by the outliers.

Chrisy and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-22-14 03:38 AM
    And if you put a BlackBerry in the hands of the people who were struggling with their iPhone I'm sure they'd have the same problems. Some people just don't do well with technology, period. My parents and aunt are like that. My aunt has used the same flip phone for 9 years and would be absolutely clueless if you put any smartphone in front of her.

And if you think Chrisy is part of an "icult" you're sorely mistaken.
    That last sentence made the whole tirade evidence of what it was, a worthless rant.

Chrisy and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-22-14 03:40 AM
    im so with you on this I don't how many times I have hear someone say ..............my friend got one and its great im going to get one ............. I don't know all sheep ive never had an iphone and to be honest have never wanted one
    Have you read here accounts of how people show their BB10 device to someone and that person sudden decides they want one? So then they're sheep for buying the BB10 device too?

When you reduce your argument to name calling, you've lost credibility.

Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-22-14 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Typo
    Chrisy, pantlesspenguin and TGR1 like this.
    12-22-14 03:46 AM
    Have to agree with this.. Blackberry's customer service is flipping terrible

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 04:00 AM
    I don't get how people use phones whose innards are worth less than $200 to differentiate themselves from the supposed pack. It's like you're bragging about your $200 blender to everyone and telling yourself how bright and unique you are.
    12-22-14 04:13 AM
    I don't get how people use phones whose innards are worth less than $200 to differentiate themselves from the supposed pack. It's like you're bragging about your $200 blender to everyone and telling yourself how bright and unique you are.
    My kitchen aid blender works like a charm, and Blend works great on my Z30!

Sorry, had to do it...

But on topic, OP, I know you've stated that you know the iPhone you've used is old, but still you can't judge a phone by playing with it for a couple of days especially if it's not the latest.

If I pick up a 9900, play with it for a week and then go to imore and say that blackberry sucks, it wouldn't make sense, same thing here...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 04:27 AM
    Wouldn't they be in your Amazon account? I'm asking because I haven't searched for the apps I got and then just got rid of. They were so slow and glitchy that I just called it a failed experiment and realised I could never again run my BlackBerry as my primary device under the new Android app direction.

Yes, they appear under the "cloud" tab in "my apps".

I only answer because they worked so well on my White Z10 that when I bought a LG G Pad 8.3 on fire sale I wanted to add the ones I really liked.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-22-14 05:16 AM
    Yes, they appear under the "cloud" tab in "my apps".

I only answer because they worked so well on my White Z10 that when I bought a LG G Pad 8.3 on fire sale I wanted to add the ones I really liked.
    Yeah I thought they would.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    12-22-14 05:18 AM
    I guess you haven't tried or have had the need to reply to an email with several different attachments (pdf, doc,xls) all in one email then.
    This is true!
    12-22-14 06:43 AM
    @Chrisy - your point about the options on the banking apps are dead on. What's available on the app is simply not available on the Web apps. Which is why it's something that's a must have for me.

Posted from my SEXY Q10 that I'd STILL be using IF I could find my FRACKING BANKING APP on BBW. And no I won't put Android apps here so don't EVEN go there!!!!
    12-22-14 06:53 AM
    @Chrisy - your point about the options on the banking apps are dead on. What's available on the app is simply not available on the Web apps. Which is why it's something that's a must have for me.

Posted from my SEXY Q10 that I'd STILL be using IF I could find my FRACKING BANKING APP on BBW. And no I won't put Android apps here so don't EVEN go there!!!!
    For sure. I am hoping BlackBerry has the Bank of America app WITH mobile deposits. I really like that feature, and not having to drive to the bank to deposit checks!

I'll be using my Q10 on wifi for a while and keeping my iPhone until I know for sure if the apps I want are there and usable.
    12-22-14 06:55 AM
    For sure. I am hoping BlackBerry has the Bank of America app WITH mobile deposits. I really like that feature, and not having to drive to the bank to deposit checks!

I'll be using my Q10 on wifi for a while and keeping my iPhone until I know for sure if the apps I want are there and usable.
    THAT is THE number one reason I relegated my Q, which I actually love, to my third line. Not the check as much as the alerts.

The BofA app is not there for me for my Q on BBW OR on the Amazon AppStore.

The BofA app is brilliant. Options that are simply not there on the Web app.

Chrisy likes this.
    12-22-14 07:06 AM
    You are clearly lost as I wasn't referencing nor quoting the OP when I was talking about the stupid YouTube stuff. It had nothing to do with what the OP was saying and wasn't directed at the OP.
    Then that would make YOU clearly lost, because you were responding to me, after I quoted your response ( the very first response in this thread) to the OP. You're response back to that was to talk about his comparison to BB10 (that he didn't make) and talk about Youtube (that he didn't mention).
    12-22-14 07:06 AM
    He doesn't. It was a not uncommon manner of establishing a common discussion point.
    I didn't say it wasn't uncommon for people to do what she did, I said it was wrong.
    12-22-14 07:09 AM
    I don't get the "ease of use" of an iPhone. Why is a double-press of the home button easier than swiping up for multitasking?

Why is having to track through tons of apps to find notifications you might have swept away easier than having all notifications centrally and permanently in one spot?

Why is it easier to NOT be able to manage a document if you don't have the app for it installed?

In what world is iTunes "user friendly" and "easy"?

What is "easy" (compared to BB10) about managing and sending multiple attachments on the iPhone when composing an email?

I believe TgeekB was on the right track when he talked about the "ecosystem" of **people** that are available to help out with an iPhone.

I don't see the iPhone as objectively easier than BB10, but the difference is that if you have any problem with your iPhone you can open your eyes and the random guy on the subway in front of you can probably tell you how to accomplish your task since he probably also owns or has owned an iPhone.

My GF recently got a Z30, and -- of course -- I am always nearby to help out. She finds the Z30 the height of simplicity, to the point that she usually gives me the "I'm not stupid!" look when I volunteer any info about how to do stuff on it. She is not a techy by any wild stretch of the imagination, nor is she a 'natural' on mobile devices (or any kind of PC for that matter)! But she had me there in that crucial first few days with the phone to say "all you do is 'this' to do 'that'".

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    To your points:

1. It isn't easier, it's just a different way of doing things. Just like swiping isn't easier, it's just a different way of accomplishing the same thing.

2. That would be a pain, that's why iOS has a Notification Center.

3.Managing documents on the iPhone is easy, it's just done differently than BB10.

4. That's opinion, but it's better than the train wreck of software that is Blackberry Link.

5. It's very easy. Just like BB users have to download an app to print from their phone (iPhone users don't) if you download an app like Cloudmagic you can do it easily and the app is absolutely awesome. But again most people aren't worried about sending documents from their phones even though the Crackberry community wants to make it out that every day all iPhone users are stuck because they just can't get that spreadsheet sent over to their colleague. I'd like that feature for sure built in, but it's definitely not something that is a make or break feature for most people and can still be easily accomplished.
    12-22-14 07:12 AM
    Can't tell you how many people got completely lost with gestures on my Z.
    Can't judge anything by the outliers.

I've never understood this. There is really only one "gesture" that is required, which replaces the home button. Everything else can be done in either the same way it's done on Iphone (because they copied the way others did it, like swipe from top or bottom for settings) or from buttons found on the screen like every other phone. Only the swipe up to "push back" the open app must be learned to replace "push a button" to push back the open apps. It's found at the same part of the phone, using the same finger, just no click.
    12-22-14 07:21 AM
266 ... 7891011