Wow..I don't get why some BB users feel the need to defend themselves in these threads. Can we take second here and agree that the IPhone is a great phone. Is that so hard to admit? Has the best unmatched camera hands down, ease of use and appealing UI and OS. What's so wrong with that? I have a z10 and it works for me but I find it really annoying when BlackBerry lovers brag about how BB devices and BB10 are the best.

Posted via CB10
    Because while I use Blackberry and iOS some users can't stand the fact that Apple took away a lot of Blackberry's customers so there is a need to preach the superiority of their chosen OS and that people are sheep in order to justify why people use iOS or even Android.
    Chrisy, TgeekB, shaleem and 1 others like this.
    12-21-14 03:27 PM
    TGeekB, donnation, Slammers08,

Nice to see you "old timey" CrackBerry Boys still here!
    pantlesspenguin and jmr1015 like this.
    12-21-14 03:32 PM

You too Chrisy!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:38 PM
    Again did you read what I wrote. I said I realize that the phone I'm trying is not current!

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:42 PM
    Wow..I don't get why some BB users feel the need to defend themselves in these threads. Can we take second here and agree that the IPhone is a great phone. Is that so hard to admit? Has the best unmatched camera hands down, ease of use and appealing UI and OS. What's so wrong with that? I have a z10 and it works for me but I find it really annoying when BlackBerry lovers brag about how BB devices and BB10 are the best.

Posted via CB10
    No I guess we can't agree. I really dislike using apple phones and I don't agree that they have a superior camera. Friends that have iPhones have asked me on several occasions to send them pictures because the pictures that I took on my phone turned out better than the ones that they took on theirs.

Posted via CB10
    Omahahaha and eduzojordan like this.
    12-21-14 03:44 PM
    I also said that I was considering an iPad to go with a q10.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:45 PM
    I know this is a blackberry forum, and I'm not trying to bash iPhone.
    So here goes, I have never used an I phone until just today I got an iPhone 4s from a friend with a cracked screen that I fixed so I could play around with it and try to see why so many people are so fond of them and so far I just don't get it. I realize this isn't there latest phone but this thing is slow. It has been updated to the latest os and I just don't get it. Web pages load slow, for the size of the phone its very heavy, battery life seems OK but it's not connected to cell service right now. The way you move around in the phone is far from efficient. when you download an app it takes forever. Email is hideous, it feels like a stripped down version of android to honest.
    The price of these phones is ridiculous and on top of it if you want more memory the up charge is crazy.
    I'm a pretty open minded person, but as of right now I just don't see myself using an iPhone.

Posted via CB10

OP has to compare phones that came out about the same time. In November 2011, I was deciding between the iPhone 4s and a 9900. I opted for the 9900 because I liked the physical keyboard and at the time I did not know that BBOS had reached the end of the line. I was expecting BBOS upgrades. Did I make the wrong decision - yes I did. I thought that I would be writing a lot of emails and using the device as if I were still in business. Later I came to realize that the app gap was very real and the browsing experience on the 9900 was very poor. The 9900 also suffered issues such that battery pulls about once every two weeks were common. I finally had to give up on the 9900 about six months before the contract came up. All I can say that I might have lasted six months more on the 4s.

The iPhone 4s was still running well enough before the latest OS. I wonder if Apple doesn't upgrade these old devices to hasten their demise.

Notwithstanding that I purchased the 9900 over the iPhone, I still wish that I might have purchased a Torch slider. I think those sliders have a cool factor even today.
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-21-14 03:45 PM
    Again did you read what I wrote. I said I realize that the phone I'm trying is not current!

Posted via CB10
    It's ok, and sorry if it comes off as picking on you. It's not you, i am talking in general about BlackBerry users that dismiss any other platform, especially one they haven't used more than a few minutes.

Anyway, your thread title would be accurate saying, "iPhone 4s, I just don't get it!" Lol. And again, I'm kidding.

But I bet if you used the iPhone for a little while, you would be balanced and honest enough to find the pros of it. Both when compared to BlackBerry and just on its own.
    12-21-14 03:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I find the UI and OS UNappealing and limiting. And I stick up for BB because of all of the sheep that dismiss it or make a face and say eww (yes, these are adults) when they see that I have a BlackBerry. I stick up for BB because I've been told by Verizon and Sprint reps to my face that NOBODY uses BB anymore and/or they went bankrupt and are out of business.
    12-21-14 03:57 PM
    I find the UI and OS UNappealing and limiting. And I stick up for BB because of all of the sheep that dismiss it or make a face and say eww (yes, these are adults) when they see that I have a BlackBerry. I stick up for BB because I've been told by Verizon and Sprint reps to my face that NOBODY uses BB anymore and/or they went bankrupt and are out of business.
    1. You shouldn't let what people say about your choice of phone affect you.
    2. Calling them sheep won't help.
    3. The Verizon reps are only telling you what the see. 99 out of 100 people that walk through their door want something other than a Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 04:02 PM

Lol, you too.
    12-21-14 04:20 PM
    I know this is a blackberry forum, and I'm not trying to bash iPhone.
    So here goes, I have never used an I phone until just today I got an iPhone 4s from a friend with a cracked screen that I fixed so I could play around with it and try to see why so many people are so fond of them and so far I just don't get it. I realize this isn't there latest phone but this thing is slow. It has been updated to the latest os and I just don't get it. Web pages load slow, for the size of the phone its very heavy, battery life seems OK but it's not connected to cell service right now. The way you move around in the phone is far from efficient. when you download an app it takes forever. Email is hideous, it feels like a stripped down version of android to honest.
    The price of these phones is ridiculous and on top of it if you want more memory the up charge is crazy.
    I'm a pretty open minded person, but as of right now I just don't see myself using an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    Got a suggestion.
    Get an 8703c. Upgrade it to BBOS5. Let us know how it runs.
    asherN likes this.
    12-21-14 04:25 PM
    People like it because it's perceived as the phone to have if you want to belong, and for most that means far more than specs, efficiency, or productivity. Apple is a better marketing company than phone manufacturer, and their phones aren't exactly bad
    The 4 and 4s are outdated, latest updates only slow them in my opinion, and the 8G model is outdated for today's memory-eating phone ecosystems. I know people with the 4, 5, and 6 and I agree the 4 is a nightmare in today's world. The 5 has LTE though and the 6 has the specs and is built to run ios8 so it performs better. I can't even use a z10 enjoyably after my z30 so the iPhone 4 is really rough.
    I have little desire to use any iPhone or "fit in" but I understand why people do, be it ease of learning, actual customer support at carriers when there's an issue, or most of all insecurity to stand out and be different. I love my z30 all touch now but only a few things keep me from the classic (hdmi adapter, paratek antenna, z30 speakers) which is a form factor I always liked and would sacrifice screen size for. Shortcut keys and tool belt might get me back one day though.

Posted via CB10
    Or you know we may use one because it best meets our needs.

There's that option, although it doesn't fit whatever agenda of the day is happening.
    21stNow likes this.
    12-21-14 04:26 PM

What is better about BlackBerry email over iPhone again?
    Using your iPhone or iPad, compose an email and add a photo and a video and a Word document and a pdf or any other variety of documents you can think of . On the BlackBerry it is seamless.

I know this is is an extreme example, but I don't need a pdf app to attach a pdf. Heck, I can even attach a Word Perfect file if it is in my SD card or phone. I email a lot. I attach a lot. I am limited by iPhone in that regard.

This is not a hater comment. I like what iDevices can do. But a BlackBerry phone meets my needs better.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy and kawblue749 like this.
    12-21-14 04:26 PM
    Using your iPhone or iPad, compose an email and add a photo and a video and a Word document and a pdf or any other variety of documents you can think of . On the BlackBerry it is seamless.

I know this is is an extreme example, but I don't need a pdf app to attach a pdf. Heck, I can even attach a Word Perfect file if it is in my SD card or phone. I email a lot. I attach a lot. I am limited by iPhone in that regard.

This is not a hater comment. I like what iDevices can do. But a BlackBerry phone meets my needs better.

Posted via CB10
    This is a great post with an individual need though. For you, Blackberry makes perfect sense.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy, jmr1015 and 21stNow like this.
    12-21-14 04:29 PM
    I agree about iOS. I don't like the way it works, having to flow in and out of apps. I don't like the home button. But that doesn't mean there aren't other, great qualities. It sells well for a reason. Just because something is popular doesn't mean people are all sheep. It sometimes means the product is pretty good. I think many people like the simplicity of the iPhone. That's why my parents and grandparents use one. And I agree. Doesn't mean it's better either, just easier for people to use and it appears many people appreciate that.

I know we could make a list of pros and cons for both iPhone and BlackBerry phones and probably have equal items on all sides!

For fun! Let's try! These are my opinion.

BlackBerry Pros:

*Physical Keyboard with shortcuts
    *Customizable
    *Mass Storage Mode
    *Expandable Memory

BlackBerry Cons:

*Lack of native or smooth working apps
    *OS updates are slow, buggy software at times not resolved
    *Camera quality subpar

iPhone Pros:

*Excellent native apps that work well
    *OS updates are frequent
    *Excellent camera and video quality

iPhone Cons:

*iTunes (enough said)
    *Virtual keyboard with autocorrect
    *Limited customization such as sound profiles
    *Non expandable memory
    Last edited by Chrisy; 12-21-14 at 04:41 PM.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-21-14 04:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand the issue. I can do this fine on my iPhone. I have Docs to Go though (which I use on any device).

I can send a PDF, Word or Excel, and Power Point document and a picture using email...
    12-21-14 04:44 PM
    iPhone, I just don't get it!-imageuploadedbycb-forums1419201959.155145.jpg

Email with a picture and a Power Point file.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    12-21-14 04:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is not something I've ever encountered. If I ever do, I'll find a way to do it.

People make personal use case decisions. I can't fathom having to depend on Snap to get Instagram. Our use cases are different. Such is life.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    shaleem and 21stNow like this.
    12-21-14 04:50 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByCB Forums1419201959.155145.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	322291

Email with a picture and a Power Point file.
    Thank you. I've done that here just to show it can be done. The responses were "uou shouldn't have to need an app." You'll probable get the same.

shaleem likes this.
    12-21-14 04:52 PM
    We have IPhoneys because the managers in Europe see it as a fashion symbol. Regardless of all else. It is a simple phone to learn. Many love it for business, but I do not. I really want a device I can hammer through emails, text and phone calls. I'm hoping for the classic.
    12-21-14 04:59 PM
    If people use iPhone to fit in, then people use BlackBerry phones to appear to be "rebels, outside the box." Both are silly.

I think most adults just pick a phone that works for them. Some teens and younger may choose what their friends use, but that seems ok too.
    People don't buy BlackBerry to be rebels.... I surely didn't buy the Z10 to be a rebel when I switched from a 4s.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy and nhanken like this.
    12-21-14 05:01 PM
    I don't bother with unsolicited opinion. My often told story of getting that statement when I went to buy a 9370 was to tell the person to either give me the phone or I'd go report her refusal to help me and go somewhere else. I got my phone. Walked out. The encounter did not wound my psyche.

Seriously, people need to just let irrelevancies go. Unless you're John Chen, it's not s reflection on you. And if you feel that identified with a piece of plastic and wire, it's not the clerk's fault.

Chrisy and shaleem like this.
    12-21-14 05:01 PM
    People don't buy BlackBerry to be rebels.... I surely didn't buy the Z10 to be a rebel when I switched from a 4s.

Posted via CB10
    I often read here about people who say they buy the phone because they like the feeling of having something few other people have.

12-21-14 05:03 PM
    Right, then all BB10 phones battery lives suck because the Z10's is horrible. And you only show your ignorance if you think the OS's are all the same.
    They are every incarnation of ios is the same they just copy features for other os they they want an boom the next and best thing. Like ios8. Every iPhone lover is creaming them selves because they can send a "voice text". We have been able to do that for every on. Bb10.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:04 PM
266 12345 ...