I know this is a blackberry forum, and I'm not trying to bash iPhone.
    So here goes, I have never used an I phone until just today I got an iPhone 4s from a friend with a cracked screen that I fixed so I could play around with it and try to see why so many people are so fond of them and so far I just don't get it. I realize this isn't there latest phone but this thing is slow. It has been updated to the latest os and I just don't get it. Web pages load slow, for the size of the phone its very heavy, battery life seems OK but it's not connected to cell service right now. The way you move around in the phone is far from efficient. when you download an app it takes forever. Email is hideous, it feels like a stripped down version of android to honest.
    The price of these phones is ridiculous and on top of it if you want more memory the up charge is crazy.
    I'm a pretty open minded person, but as of right now I just don't see myself using an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 10:57 AM
    So here goes, I have never used an I phone until just today I got an iPhone 4s from a friend with a cracked screen that I fixed so I could play around with it and try to see why so many people are so fond of them and so far I just don't get it. I realize this isn't there latest phone but this thing is slow. It has been updated to the latest os and I just don't get it. Web pages load slow, for the size of the phone its very heavy, battery life seems OK but it's not connected to cell service right now. The way you move around in the phone is far from efficient. when you download an app it takes forever. Email is hideous, it feels like a stripped down version of android to honest.
    The price of these phones is ridiculous and on top of it if you want more memory the up charge is crazy.
    I'm a pretty open minded person, but as of right now I just don't see myself using an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    You are seriously judging a phone and making blanket statements when the one you used is 3 years old?
    12-21-14 11:05 AM
    I never used an iPhone but it seems to me that the UI of it is so easy to navigate. I held a 4S before and the weight gives the feeling of sturdiness to first-time users. Anyway, I think why most people often chose it over others is that it has a great selection of apps, lots of other devices "made for iPhone", and the sense of belonging to the crowd. I don't really know. Why I chose the Z10 over the iPhone was I don't really want to rely on their closed ecosystem. Not all the people I meet uses an iPhone so it would be a great hassle for me if I can't even Bluetooth a simple photo I took to them. The connector they use is also non-standard, unlike the micro USB connector. I've seen people struggling to find someone who uses an iPhone when they forgot their charger at home, and I didn't want to be like them. BlackBerry 10 just works for me.
    Chrisy, acovey, potatoguy and 3 others like this.
    12-21-14 11:09 AM
    Donation did you actually read what I wrote. I said I realize that the phone I'm trying out is not the latest.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:13 AM
    People like it because it's perceived as the phone to have if you want to belong, and for most that means far more than specs, efficiency, or productivity. Apple is a better marketing company than phone manufacturer, and their phones aren't exactly bad
    The 4 and 4s are outdated, latest updates only slow them in my opinion, and the 8G model is outdated for today's memory-eating phone ecosystems. I know people with the 4, 5, and 6 and I agree the 4 is a nightmare in today's world. The 5 has LTE though and the 6 has the specs and is built to run ios8 so it performs better. I can't even use a z10 enjoyably after my z30 so the iPhone 4 is really rough.
    I have little desire to use any iPhone or "fit in" but I understand why people do, be it ease of learning, actual customer support at carriers when there's an issue, or most of all insecurity to stand out and be different. I love my z30 all touch now but only a few things keep me from the classic (hdmi adapter, paratek antenna, z30 speakers) which is a form factor I always liked and would sacrifice screen size for. Shortcut keys and tool belt might get me back one day though.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:26 AM
    I agree Apple definitely is good with marketing and I believe there support for their devices from what I've read is bar none.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:39 AM
    It amazes me that people insist that others use iPhone simply to be "in" and because they are just sheep. No one ever considers the fact that Apple already had a reputation for making good products. Their computers are second to none. I believe that has a great deal to do with the popularity of the iPhone. I've never used one myself so I can't speak to the quality of that phone. Furthermore, let's not ignore the fact that Apple markets like crazy....something BlackBerry is very weak in. Personally, I believe BlackBerry makes a great product, but they practically committed suicide by ignoring the advances that their competition was making. I don't think BlackBerry will go under, I never have. However, they have a tough row to hoe to get back where they once were.

Posted using my Z10
    TgeekB, Chrisy, m1a1mg and 2 others like this.
    12-21-14 11:44 AM

Posted via CB10

Iphone is just the best and coolest device ever. Why? Because everyone has it! And it is just awesome to show that you are also a great sheep! Why being unique and think for yourself, right? Just show that you want to "fit in". LOL
    eduzojordan and moyah8 like this.
    12-21-14 11:47 AM
    I think the iPhone has a lot going for it. For one thing the perception is that it is easy to learn. That helps. And in fact I do think the gigantic home button makes it easy. Sort of like a get out of trouble button for folks that are not good at tech.

Then there's the compatibility. If there's an app for anything there's always an iPhone version. In the old days lol.... Windows grew with the same type of support base.

Then there's peer support. Again I'll use the Windows analogy. Folks bought PCs with Windows knowing that if they needed help there were always friends and family members that had Windows PCs and who could assist. Same thing on iPhone. Have a problem or question? Anyone can help.

Then there's the top notch service and support at the Apple Stores.

That's all very compelling and comforting to average folks plunking down hundreds of dollars on the product.

And on the email thing I do agree BlackBerry is king. But then most folks I know read some emails on their phones. But typically don't do lengthy replies. Email is not their central use case. Whereas a BlackBerry with physical qwerty is pretty much built for email. Imo.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    shaleem, RH1Pearl, Chrisy and 7 others like this.
    12-21-14 11:54 AM
    Iphone is just the best and coolest device ever. Why? Because everyone has it! And it is just awesome to show that you are also a great sheep! Why being unique and think for yourself, right? Just show that you want to "fit in". LOL
    Thanks for proving my point. LOL!

Posted via CrackBerry App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    jmr1015 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-21-14 12:00 PM
    I think the iPhone has a lot going for it. For one thing the perception is that it is easy to learn. That helps. And in fact I do think the gigantic home button makes it easy. Sort of like a get out of trouble button for folks that are not good at tech.

Then there's the compatibility. If there's an app for anything there's always an iPhone version. In the old days lol.... Windows grew with the same type of support base.

Then there's peer support. Again I'll use the Windows analogy. Folks bought PCs with Windows knowing that if they needed help there were always friends and family members that had Windows PCs and who could assist. Same thing on iPhone. Have a problem or question? Anyone can help.

Then there's the top notch service and support at the Apple Stores.

That's all very compelling and comforting to average folks plunking down hundreds of dollars on the product.

And on the email thing I do agree BlackBerry is king. But then most folks I know read some emails on their phones. But typically don't do lengthy replies. Email is not their central use case. Whereas a BlackBerry with physical qwerty is pretty much built for email. Imo.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    You are correct. Also, it's also the ecosystem! Nowadays, it's all about ecosystem. If LG can connect their G3 phone to a LG TV, refrigerator, or washer and dryer they will! And those who have all those products in their home will benefit in ways that others won't. Apple does the same and they're really good about it. So, for everyone who hasn't committed to a particular company long enough to benefit from a well laid out ecosystem, hold judgement until you do!
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-21-14 12:06 PM
    By the way, the OP was only stating his opinions about the device so no need to attack him for that. If you've got nothing good to say, you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    Last edited by Ron In Motion; 12-22-14 at 01:04 AM. Reason: formatting
    12-21-14 12:06 PM
    No, we buy it because it works, it increases productivity thanks to all the apps and because customer service is unmatched. Blackberry offers some decent phones but it does not have apps(two appstores that are confusing and only offer third party sub par apps) and has the worst customer support(their position is "once you bought it is not our problem if it breaks")
    shaleem, Chrisy, m1a1mg and 1 others like this.
    12-21-14 12:10 PM
    Donation did you actually read what I wrote. I said I realize that the phone I'm trying out is not the latest.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I realize that but you are claiming that iPhone's are slow when you are using a device that is out of date. Use an iPhone 6 and then make an opinion on it because the two are completely different devices.
    Last edited by donnation; 12-21-14 at 01:05 PM.
    12-21-14 12:12 PM
    Not everyone is a CrackBerry type. If you have a problem or question with your BlackBerry , where do you go?

My parents, in their 80s, just got an iPad. And if they have a question they just pop down to the Apple Store at the mall. (Or they call me). Apple is amazing for what it does. And apparently millions are fine with that.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 12:18 PM
    Not everyone is a CrackBerry type. If you have a problem or question with your BlackBerry , where do you go?

My parents, in their 80s, just got an iPad. And if they have a question they just pop down to the Apple Store at the mall. (Or they call me). Apple is amazing for what it does. And apparently millions are fine with that.

Posted via CB10
    Apple is what fans here wish Blackberry was though most will not admit it. Hopefully, if things work out, Blackberry will have a chance to redeem themselves.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem, RH1Pearl, Chrisy and 10 others like this.
    12-21-14 12:23 PM
    Ease of use is the key... as much as we accept that there is a learning curve to BB10... so those wanting to learn it have little problem...... most however do not want a learning curve period... I have many client who are seniors who can pretty much pick up a Iphone and use it.... same reason you see so many variation of forked Android OS..... trying to make it easy for users to pick it up and use it.,...for me...if it is easy to use which Apple is.. great marketing and the herd mentality..... you have popularity.....
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-21-14 12:27 PM
    As mentioned that's an old phone, but apart from that iPhones are made to be simple and pretty, the simplicity gives it instant mass appeal and the pretty gives it the cool factor which some call the sheep factor. They're very good phones no doubt but a bit too boring for me, I seem to like what others find complicated......and keyboards....big ones!
    Chrisy, stevobbm and mnc76 like this.
    12-21-14 12:47 PM
    I don't get it either OP. The iPhone to me does not make much sense for the cost. For an adult who needs it for productive reasons, it's the worst choice on the market. When I have serious conversations with people that have them, I find most have no real understanding of why they have it either. I will say thou, all those people feel strongly compelled to have it thou.... that just adds to the mystery.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-21-14 12:58 PM
    The iphone was good back in 2008 but now a days they are outdated technology and sold at a premium. I had the iphone6 and returned it for the passport. I now understand why my android friends laughed at my iphone. There is nothing special or interesting about the iphone and once sheep wake up to reality they will realize they have been had by apple. I was a sheep once and now wouldn't touch an iphone unless it was for free and even then I would sell it.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 01:11 PM
    I'm not totally against apple. And now that we are going to have blackberry blend I'm seriously considering buying a iPad and buying another q10 then that way I can have my small phone size for ease of carrying around and the tablet for the times I need the big screen and some of the apps I can't get on a blackberry device.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 01:19 PM
    No, we buy it because it works, it increases productivity thanks to all the apps and because customer service is unmatched. Blackberry offers some decent phones but it does not have apps(two appstores that are confusing and only offer third party sub par apps) and has the worst customer support(their position is "once you bought it is not our problem if it breaks")

LOL@ "we buy it". So am I talking to the Iphone leader here?

Read again! Customer service unmatched, as long as you have your fun 1 year warranty. If you still want "to fit in", you are obliged to pay some premium for another 2 years of this "unmatched" service, so the hipster and beard-wearing service guy at the Apple will you help you.

Look, I get also excellent costumer service from Blackberry as long I have my warranty. Here: Vodafone. But I don't need it, because it "works".

Oh, the "apps"-argument. Sure, your Iphone-FartApps? No can do at BB-World. And all the important apps are already preloaded in Blackberry. You, instead are obliged to download them or even pay for these.

I do have all my apps. Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Evernote or Bloomberg apps native and working great for me. No need to "sideload" or even download from Amazon store. I don't need your flappy bird, instagram or netflix (I have payTv and my 60" Flatscreen), or other senseless apps. By buying a Blackberry I already made a statement: productivity!

I never stated that Iphone devices are bad. You are talking to someone who owned the first Iphone. I bought it when the sheeps, were anxious to buy anything from Apple. Why? Because I already had a Mac and iPod in 2003. (I bet you don't know what this is).

I am wondering about the masses buying the device, because it is "cool". You talk about "increasing productivity"? Then Blackberry is unmatched. But people still buy the Iphone. Why? Because it is "cool".

I mean as long as you are happy with your Iphone, everythings fine. But I buy things, because I want it. Not because the "masses" do. Huge difference.
    12-21-14 01:27 PM
    You are seriously judging a phone and making blanket statements when the one you used is 3 years old?
    This is the same logic that most iphone users use to bash BlackBerry. Their opinions are based on BlackBerries they used in 2009. I hear it everyday at work "OMG you still use a BB." They think BB is the same os5 or 6 device they used years ago...they have never used a modern BB but are quick to judge.
    12-21-14 01:33 PM
    Ironic because many Apple users say the same thing about BlackBerry.. about OS7 and older devices lol. Not a clue about bb10

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 01:42 PM
    You're a black sheep now muahaha jk

I don't know what's all the hype about iPhones because every time I try to help someone figuring out how to do certain tasks on iOS, I feel like smashing the phone against the wall when I press that hideous round button.

It just feels natural to use gestures and I cannot give up the Hub for anything else.

The iphone was good back in 2008 but now a days they are outdated technology and sold at a premium. I had the iphone6 and returned it for the passport. I now understand why my android friends laughed at my iphone. There is nothing special or interesting about the iphone and once sheep wake up to reality they will realize they have been had by apple. I was a sheep once and now wouldn't touch an iphone unless it was for free and even then I would sell it.

Posted via CB10

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 01:44 PM
266 123 ...