To your points:

1. It isn't easier, it's just a different way of doing things. Just like swiping isn't easier, it's just a different way of accomplishing the same thing.

2. That would be a pain, that's why iOS has a Notification Center.

3.Managing documents on the iPhone is easy, it's just done differently than BB10.

4. That's opinion, but it's better than the train wreck of software that is Blackberry Link.

5. It's very easy. Just like BB users have to download an app to print from their phone (iPhone users don't) if you download an app like Cloudmagic you can do it easily and the app is absolutely awesome. But again most people aren't worried about sending documents from their phones even though the Crackberry community wants to make it out that every day all iPhone users are stuck because they just can't get that spreadsheet sent over to their colleague. I'd like that feature for sure built in, but it's definitely not something that is a make or break feature for most people and can still be easily accomplished.
    The wonderful thing about using different platforms simultaneously is that you see that each does what is needed, simply a different approach.

Personally I don't have a nervous breakdown if something is done differently. I just decide whether the option is worth it for me.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    12-22-14 07:32 AM
    iOS has gestures as well. To go home, you do a 4 finger pinch on the app you're currently in. To get to the multitasking view it's a three finger pinch. No home button required. Is it as easy as a swipe up on BB10? No, it's just different. Is it easy to do one handed? No.
    Chrisy and shaleem like this.
    12-22-14 07:36 AM
    The 4S has major problems with the 8.0x updates. Get a 5 or later and try it.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 07:37 AM
    The wonderful thing about using different platforms simultaneously is that you see that each does what is needed, simply a different approach.

Personally I don't have a nervous breakdown if something is done differently. I just decide whether the option is worth it for me.

That is really the point... right now there really isn't ONE device that does everything well. So it's really up to users to decide what works best for them!

Unfortunately, most consumers are not going to get the opportunity to try all the different devices and get a real feel for the strengths and weakness of each platform, or even each device within that platform to see what works best for them. In today's market, word of mouth and MARKETING are the driving forces behind what devices sell and ones that don't, with maybe a little input from sales staff. All of which are WHY BlackBerry says that they are focused on enterprise and not consumers.
    pantlesspenguin and shaleem like this.
    12-22-14 07:43 AM
    This sounds like the Unix / Widnows convo of the past. TomAtoes / Tomaatoes.
    I have to support users with the 5s and find it is beyond stupid as well but hey. The people using it loves it for the ease of use. For me the ease of use is anything but. Que sera sera.
    12-22-14 07:44 AM
    iOS has gestures as well. To go home, you do a 4 finger pinch on the app you're currently in. To get to the multitasking view it's a three finger pinch. No home button required. Is it as easy as a swipe up on BB10? No, it's just different. Is it easy to do one handed? No.
    LOL, is there a 3 and a half finger pinch gesture?
    12-22-14 07:50 AM
    It amazes me that people insist that others use iPhone simply to be "in" and because they are just sheep. No one ever considers the fact that Apple already had a reputation for making good products. Their computers are second to none. I believe that has a great deal to do with the popularity of the iPhone. I've never used one myself so I can't speak to the quality of that phone. Furthermore, let's not ignore the fact that Apple markets like crazy....something BlackBerry is very weak in. Personally, I believe BlackBerry makes a great product, but they practically committed suicide by ignoring the advances that their competition was making. I don't think BlackBerry will go under, I never have. However, they have a tough row to hoe to get back where they once were.

Posted using my Z10
    My 2010 MBP 15" is second to many. Known GPU defect was never recalled, and the issue didn't show up until Snow Leopard was released right at about the 3 yr mark (after they stopped replacing the logic board). But I'd agree, most hardware laptops are great from Apple, but they are also pricey.
    shaleem likes this.
    12-22-14 07:55 AM
    What you get from Apple is Industrial design back then and for the future. I remember the black curved MPB, those were some sexy stuff for it's time. The aluminum MPB were sexy too when it first came out but like iPhone designs it is now dated. Looks like Ives is sleeping on the "Cook" since Jobs is gone.
    12-22-14 08:08 AM
    What you get from Apple is Industrial design back then and for the future. I remember the black curved MPB, those were some sexy stuff for it's time. The aluminum MPB were sexy too when it first came out but like iPhone designs it is now dated. Looks like Ives is sleeping on the "Cook" since Jobs is gone.
    Yet other companies continue to copy the MPB design. I still looks sexy to me. I don't see it changing much any time soon.
    mikeo007 and shaleem like this.
    12-22-14 08:12 AM
    LOL, is there a 3 and a half finger pinch gesture?
    I suppose, if you use your pinkie as one of the fingers, but that's a bit more difficult.
    12-22-14 08:21 AM
    I like your wallpaper .
    12-22-14 08:26 AM
    IPhone has a lot for offer. Where I found it suffers is durability. I have had 3 of them and each one has suffered a fall and needed to be repaired or replaced. I've dropped my Z 6 times. Once it fell getting out of my truck and bounced off the metal step bar before hitting the pavement, with no case to protect it each time. It still works without a hiccup, Unbelievable but true.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:48 AM
    To your points:

1. It isn't easier, it's just a different way of doing things. Just like swiping isn't easier, it's just a different way of accomplishing the same thing.

2. That would be a pain, that's why iOS has a Notification Center.

3.Managing documents on the iPhone is easy, it's just done differently than BB10.

4. That's opinion, but it's better than the train wreck of software that is Blackberry Link.

5. It's very easy. Just like BB users have to download an app to print from their phone (iPhone users don't) if you download an app like Cloudmagic you can do it easily and the app is absolutely awesome. But again most people aren't worried about sending documents from their phones even though the Crackberry community wants to make it out that every day all iPhone users are stuck because they just can't get that spreadsheet sent over to their colleague. I'd like that feature for sure built in, but it's definitely not something that is a make or break feature for most people and can still be easily accomplished.
    Oh for heaven's sake.

In your rush to defend the iPhone on a BlackBerry fan site, you completely missed the point. My point was NOT to say the iPhone is harder than BB10, it was to say IT'S NOT OBJECTIVELY EASIER, and to point out that the iPhone has a much greater network of 'local experts' that are far more readily available to help iPhone user's having problems (particularly compared to BB10 users).

Anyways, I'm not going to re-write exactly what I said in my previous post again from scratch.

Please re-read what I wrote -- the whole post this time please -- before jumping so fast into "iPhone defense mode".

Since when did simply suggesting, on a BlackBerry fan site, that -- *GASP!!*... the iPhone may not be better than BB10 in some ways -- become reason to get people on CrackBerry.com (the site created for "BlackBerry users and abusers") into iPhone defence mode?

Clearly, one would think that at least some of us come here because we've found at least some features of BB10 that we find better than the iPhone, otherwise we wudda just got an iPhone, no?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 12-22-14 at 09:31 AM.
    terminatorx likes this.
    12-22-14 08:51 AM
    If I am able to get the Classic in April, I can't imagine posting anything about iPhoney ever again.

I am at the point that if the Classic is the worst phone I have ever had (just as an example) I will NEVER admit it. I will tell my German counterparts it is the most rocking, bad mo-fo device that was ever built.

Childish, yes. But you can only have so many BMW's jammed down your throat.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    12-22-14 08:52 AM
    I switched from a Z10 to the iPhone 6 a few weeks ago, I held out for a long long time thinking similarly to others in this thread. Things like "The iphone isn't all that special it just has a lot of social attention and marketing etc. My z10 can do almost everything an iphone can no problem." You know the usual stuff.

Now that I've had it for a few weeks I am beyond pleased and actually annoyed with myself for not trying sooner for some reason like brand-loyalty.

The phone is beautifully built and designed. The OS is fast, smooth and responsive. There are few things I don't like on it like the calendar app and email could use some improvements. I find that I don't miss the HUB that much mainly because everything loads quickly and smoothly. The HUB was great but the way the cascades seem to load pieces of the whole one at a time was becoming frustrating. (For example loading a text, the main background moves in first, then the actual text, then text input area and then the keyboard finally popped up).

Also and most obviously the apps, everything works the way it should the first time. I can split fare with Uber, my google maps is fast smooth and actually shows the direction I am pointing. That hot new app, I can try it! weeeee.
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-22-14 08:52 AM
    Two questions:
    1) With that take a picture of your check and deposit it via an app you do have to eventually get the original check to the bank somehow don't you?

2) I have a Dodge with uconnect entertainment system. Does iphone do wireless text to voice?
    12-22-14 08:53 AM
    Oh for heaven's sake.

You COMPLETELY MISSED my point. My point was NOT to say the iPhone is harder than BB10, it was to say IT'S NOT OBJECTIVELY EASIER, and to point out that the iPhone has a much greater network of 'local experts' that are far more readily available to help iPhone user's having problems (particularly compared to BB10 users).

Anyways, I'm not going to re-write exactly what I said in my previous post again from scratch.

Please re-read what I wrote -- the WHOLE post -- before jumping so fast into "iPhone defense mode".

Posted via CB10
    Lol I wasn't being defensive at all. You pointed out some things that you found weren't easier to do in IOS that weren't wholly correct so I responded to what you wrote. For instance you said you didn't find it easy to go into each app to see notifications when you don't have to do that. I wasn't being combative or the slightest bit defensive.
    If you want to make points but then get flustered when someone responds then why even comment at all?
    12-22-14 09:11 AM
    Two questions:
    1) With that take a picture of your check and deposit it via an app you do have to eventually get the original check to the bank somehow don't you?

2) I have a Dodge with uconnect entertainment system. Does iphone do wireless text to voice?
    1. No you don't.

2. Yes it does.
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-22-14 09:39 AM
    Gosh, you are dumb. Judging an iPhone 4S in 2014?

This forum is getting worse and worse.
    12-22-14 09:45 AM
    1. No you don't.

2. Yes it does.
    Humm I get conflicting answers on this. Here from the uconnect site:
    Listen to your text messages without taking your hands off the wheel or your focus off the road with Voice Text Reply. You can also dictate and send free-form text messages with Voice Texting -- powerful, cloud-based voice recognition from Uconnect� Access.

Please Note: To use Voice Texting, you will need a Uconnect Access subscription and a smartphone with a Bluetooth� Message Access Profile (MAP). Some smartphones, including iPhone� mobile devices, do not currently support Bluetooth MAP.

Do you have this working with your iphone??
    12-22-14 09:49 AM
    Humm I get conflicting answers on this. Here from the uconnect site:
    Listen to your text messages without taking your hands off the wheel or your focus off the road with Voice Text Reply. You can also dictate and send free-form text messages with Voice Texting -- powerful, cloud-based voice recognition from Uconnect Access.

Please Note: To use Voice Texting, you will need a Uconnect Access subscription and a smartphone with a Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP). Some smartphones, including iPhone mobile devices, do not currently support Bluetooth MAP.

Do you have this working with your iphone??
    What your are reading is a outdated. All iPhone's version 4 and above support Bluetooth MAP.

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT3647
    Chrisy likes this.
    12-22-14 10:04 AM
    My 12-year-old son has a 4s and I just upgraded him to a 5s. Be realistic... I carry a work-issued iPhone 5 every day, and what the OP says is correct. 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6 plus, what's really the difference? Short of the last two (size stand point), they're pretty much the same devices.

Posted via CB10
    and what is the difference between Curve, Bold, Q5, Q10, and Classic?
    12-22-14 10:23 AM

This forum is getting worse and worse.
    It's not the forum. It's a set of immature, bitter, angry posters who are unable to handle a dissenting opinion about a phone. I've had them turn it into a personal harrrassment and libelous campaign against me, full of lies and fabrications, all personal. They've done it to other members here, claiming joy at possible physical harm against a woman. They do it on Twitter against bloggers. They do it against the very founder of this forum.

Where response failed, as I saw it happen, was at not taking a harder stand against the troublemakers when it began. Sure some were banned, regardless of their lies, claiming that their cronies they weren't banned. But there were other issues that were mishandled.

By now civility has gone out the window and the troublemakers' cyber bullying and harrassment have taken hold.

Over a PHONE. That such a tactic is required shows the weakness of their arguments.

Cyber bullying and harrassment is growing. Twitter has a new policy against it. Should be enacted elsewhere.

12-22-14 10:29 AM
    I'm saying it would of been better if they stayed with an OS that performs better. Such as iOS7. It only got worse with iOS8. No I can't say the same for PlayBook. It was simply a failure.

Posted via CB10
    yeah right..because BB10 is smooth LOL
    12-22-14 10:30 AM
    I didn't say it wasn't uncommon for people to do what she did, I said it was wrong.
    I disagree. It's better to establish where I am coming from first rather than talk past each other, particularly on a forum thread where so much typically goes on and moves freely. It allows the other to acknowledge or refute, which I believe the OP did (?).
    reeneebob and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-22-14 10:34 AM
266 ... 891011