The media compares RIM to Apple because they used to be the top dog (kinda like comparing your new girlfriend to your ex) and want to see what RIM has up their sleeves.
    Yes, but that's not what I was getting at. Regardless of top dog status, there seems to be this really silly mentality that RIM 'needs to switch people from Android and iPhone' to survive. I think it's hogwash.

I don't have the source but I'm sure Apple is not far behind.
    If that were the case Apple would be selling 100 million+ iPhones a quarter.

how many flip phone and old users will automatically switch to BlackBerry just because of the new OS?
    It remains to be seen. But the point is that there are a lot of people in this segment, hence the growth in the industry for smartphones.
    12-05-12 08:22 AM
    I don't think Apple care too much about a small decline in satisfaction which will likely recover anyway.

A report from Statista says so far for it's fiscal year 2012 Apple has earned $41.7 billion on $156.5 billion revenue.
    The combined net profit of Microsoft, Google, eBay, Yahoo, Facebook and Amazon is $34.4 billion so far in 2012.

Obviously 88% satisfaction is meeting their needs. FYI, that report has nothing to do with demand, its more about retention. Actual iPhone sales are up year on year which goes to demand.
    12-05-12 08:45 AM
    People have been saying this about Macs, iPods, iPads and iPhones for awhile. Planning on some grand so-called anti-apple awakening is a failing strategy.
    The stocket Market from $704 down to $550 ish should say something and it's down again 4% this morning. Poor crapple..
    12-05-12 10:51 AM
    The stocket Market from $704 down to $550 ish should say something and it's down again 4% this morning. Poor crapple..
    Oh yah.....they're tanking......

Meanwhile.....back in reality....

iphone demand falling, bb 10 demand increasing i hope :')-imageuploadedbytapatalk1354727077.484850.jpg

But then again calling Apple "crapple" belies the total lack of....well.....never mind.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-05-12 at 11:19 AM.
    Specwire and Rello like this.
    12-05-12 11:04 AM
    The sheep finally are waking up to being fleeced for a half product since iphone 4. 4s should have been the 5. But suckered Isheep into buying the 4s that wasn't ready. Months later the 5 comes out. For the delays it's still a nothing special and actually a step back. The days of apple being a juggernaut are coming to an end. The OS is lack luster and stale.

So the people who buy iPhones are sheep...is that what you say? Isheep.....

On the side bar you list as your devices a Craphone 5.....in other posts you refer to Apple as crapple.....

So considering that there is an iPhone 5 in your list of devices aren't you also an Isheep?

Pot....meet kettle.....
    12-05-12 11:47 AM
    I don't think that the excitement level for more recent iPhone release is what it was in past years, even with die hard apple fans. I know some and they'll admit that there isn't as much innovation over the last two releases. I think Samsung commercials making fun of iPhone people in line with the GS3 having more innovative features is starting to have an affect too. You see the tech media even starting to say things like stale UI, UI needs improvements, where's NFC, etc. Apple is still going to sell a lot of devices, but I think their exponential growth in handsets sales over previous models is going to start flattening out. I think part of the reasons for the shakeup over at Apple in management are to get people who may have been holding back on the innovation to keep with the Job's philosophical principals with products and designs. Apple is going to need to start changing the UI up, make it more customizable, etc. as Android has shown there is a market for this now.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-05-12 01:08 PM
    Peer pressure from BBM using peers is the biggest driver behind rapid growth of Blackberry sales in African countries like Nigeria and South Africa. Also in countries like Indonesia and Phillipines where you're left out if you don't have BBM, it forces millions of youths in the arms of RIM.

This is why i find it moronic when I see someone here babble about 'sheep' and 'follower mentality' being the drivers behind Apple sales.

There's absolutely no sense for anyone on Crackberry to use the 'sheep' word
    12-06-12 01:42 AM
    First, you can't have increase in demand until a product is available.
    Second, there is no doubt that iPhone sales will begin to flatten out but that does not mean they are in trouble. iOS and Android will continue to be successful for at least the near future. BB10 will have to claw it's way back into the market and, if patient, it can be done.
    Rickroller likes this.
    12-06-12 08:05 AM
    You spotted that too, eh?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-06-12 08:17 AM
    With all the enhancements in the smart phone industry hype is gone and performance and reliability is in. People are looking for the best device they can get for their needs just like those of us that stuck with the physical keyboards it a needed feature for some.
    The Iphone hasn't really changed that much since inception and this is what is causing the sales drop.

As technology gets better carriers need to keep up with the changes or poor sales will result just like what happened to Rim. This is the major reason Rim started from the ground up with the BB10 devices.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-06-12 08:52 AM
    The Iphone hasn't really changed that much since inception and this is what is causing the sales drop.
    Don't agree there. Grab an original 2G iPhone with iOS 1.0 and then play with an iPhone 5 running iOS 6 and you'll see lots of difference.

This is like saying "RIM has been releasing the same phones with no changes for the last 10 years". It's silly.
    Rickroller and tack like this.
    12-06-12 09:13 AM
    From the same article:

A study by GfK last year found that 60 per cent of consumers who use smartphones running Google's Android said they would stick with phones using the same software.

Only 48 per cent of people using Research In Motion's devices said they would stay loyal to their Blackberrys, the study showed.
    12-06-12 10:03 AM
    What sales drop?????????? Each iPhone model has outsold the one before it.
    12-06-12 10:07 AM
    The sheep finally are waking up to being fleeced for a half product since iphone 4. 4s should have been the 5. But suckered Isheep into buying the 4s that wasn't ready. Months later the 5 comes out. For the delays it's still a nothing special and actually a step back. The days of apple being a juggernaut are coming to an end. The OS is lack luster and stale.
    Will we ever have a thread regarding Apple without the obligatory iSheep stupidity? Do people even know how stupid it sounds? Or that they could have written War and Peace but by resorting to being a petulant toddler screaming 'crapple iSheep iCrap' their perhaps other valid points get ignored because they sound like they need their sippy cup refilled?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by reeneebob; 12-06-12 at 10:34 AM.
    morales0416 likes this.
    12-06-12 10:20 AM
    Will we ever have a thread regarding Apple without the obligatory iSheep stupidity? Do people even know how stupid it sounds?
    No, because they're under a weird delusion that makes them think they sound really cool when they say it.
    morales0416 and tack like this.
    12-06-12 10:29 AM
    No, because they're under a weird delusion that makes them think they sound really cool when they say it.
    If by 'really cool' you mean 'really childish/uninformed/secretly jealous of what the other guys have' then I think you're right.

If smacks of the child on the playground calling the little girl in pigtails names because he secretly likes her.

morales0416 likes this.
    12-06-12 10:36 AM
    Is there a link to the actual study (not the reporter version)?
    12-06-12 10:39 AM
    What sales drop? Sales are at record levels.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    12-06-12 10:42 AM
    This entire thread confuses satisfaction with sales. Neither have a bearing on the other. Android users exhibit low satisfaction numbers in these studies yet sales are at record levels.

Demand for the iPhone hasn't dropped in the least. Sales are actually at record levels. Supply can't even meet demand at the moment. I will hazard a guess that demand for a new device is actually at a record high as people wait in anticipation of the changes Jony Ive will make to the UI and people hold off for whatever is to come.

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    12-06-12 10:48 AM
    I was just watching CNBC over here in europe in my hotel room. Apparently apple stocks have neared a point known as the "* death cross *". This means something like the 50 day average is about to be met with the 200 day average. They said usually thats a telling sign something is not going right. Anyway i gtg im off to the dresden opera house with my new leica binoculars. Will look at these threads later.
    12-06-12 10:52 AM
    Ermmm... Yes you can: it's called pent-up demand. Carmakers count on this each year as the new models roll out. Economists rely on it when projecting growth in consumer demand following a recession.

And I believe BlackBerry can count on quite a lot of pent-up demand for new smartphones from some of the existing 80 million BB subscribers, many of whom have heard about a new BB phone coming out in 2013 and have been holding back. I am one of those, and I know several others in my immediate family will be upgrading this year.

Plus, there could be a demand from users of other smartphones who might want the latest thing. Hopefully those folks will be convinced by the new features available on BB10, and will wish for a return to a device with unbreakable security, good battery life and relative durability. Too bad we can't say it'll be the coolest, funnest phone out there. That would probably be a stretch.
    12-06-12 11:31 AM
    Will we ever have a thread regarding Apple without the obligatory iSheep stupidity? Do people even know how stupid it sounds? Or that they could have written War and Peace but by resorting to being a petulant toddler screaming 'crapple iSheep iCrap' their perhaps other valid points get ignored because they sound like they need their sippy cup refilled?

I think they believe they will get support from most Blackberry users because they mocked another brand. Wrong and, yes, it is childish.
    12-06-12 11:36 AM
    Ermmm... Yes you can: it's called pent-up demand. Carmakers count on this each year as the new models roll out. Economists rely on it when projecting growth in consumer demand following a recession.

And I believe BlackBerry can count on quite a lot of pent-up demand for new smartphones from some of the existing 80 million BB subscribers, many of whom have heard about a new BB phone coming out in 2013 and have been holding back. I am one of those, and I know several others in my immediate family will be upgrading this year.

Plus, there could be a demand from users of other smartphones who might want the latest thing. Hopefully those folks will be convinced by the new features available on BB10, and will wish for a return to a device with unbreakable security, good battery life and relative durability. Too bad we can't say it'll be the coolest, funnest phone out there. That would probably be a stretch.
    Correct but, in this case, there has been no advertising of the new phones to create said demand. Only us Blackberry geeks know some of what's coming. I know boatloads of people using Blackberry devices that don't have a clue BB10 is coming soon. After the official announcement we can talk about demand.
    12-06-12 11:40 AM
    Oh yah.....they're tanking......

Meanwhile.....back in reality....
    Yeah the point was not that Apple is tanking, more that perhaps their stock price is plateauing or perhaps headed for a decline. This could be read into the chart if you place some horizontal lines over the recent stock price graph to illustrate the trend. When analysing trendlines of stock prices, often analysts will say an upward trend may be at an end if the price breaks thru the lower trendline... is Apple there? Maybe, maybe not, it is just one of many indicators.

iphone demand falling, bb 10 demand increasing i hope :')-air_20121206_00000.jpg

Similarly, analysts may say a downward trend may be at an end if the price breaks thru the upper trendline. For BlackBerry, the downtrend looks like it may have been broken. Of course anynew uptrend will depend totally on whether BB10 succeeds sufficiently.

iphone demand falling, bb 10 demand increasing i hope :')-air_20121206_00001.jpg

No doubt, Chris U. would laugh at this rough analysis but it is AN indicator.
    12-06-12 12:04 PM
    Correct but, in this case, there has been no advertising of the new phones to create said demand. Only us Blackberry geeks know some of what's coming. I know boatloads of people using Blackberry devices that don't have a clue BB10 is coming soon. After the official announcement we can talk about demand.
    Oh god how these forum folk love to quibble over the meaning of a single word.

If you watch/read any mainstream media, the fact that a new BB phone is coming early next year has been reported widely and extensively. Plus, from my personal experience, I know lots of people who know about it. So yeah, there is probably a lot of pent up demand out there. But is it sufficient to propel the BB brand out of its doldrums, who knows.
    12-06-12 12:17 PM
66 123