I just received my Blackberry Classic (thank you, thank you ... ) and was curious what method you used to port your contacts from your iphone to your blackberry.

I have 3,600 contacts to port over. My first method was:

1. icloud contacts --> select all --> export to vcard
    2. windows contacts ---> import vcard
    3. blackberry link --> sync contacts/calendar

It did not work out very well. Primarily the fact that only 1/10 of the contacts were imported and also incomplete transfer of info for those that were imported.

On a related note the contacts also pull up linkedin information and facebook information. I can see the potential here but for now I'd like to disassociate those two sources from my contacts.

Thanks!

01-26-16 12:26 PM
    Device switch in BlackBerry Link?

Will direct you to downloading an app, that will do the rest. At least for Android. Been there, done that...

Good luck!

:-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-26-16 02:57 PM
    There should be a BlackBerry device switch app in the app store. Try that.
    Also, it's a bad idea to try using a million methods.
    With the additional contact info problem, if you associated your Facebook with BlackBerry then all your Facebook contacts will appear and merge usually. If you don't want them to merge, go to the contacts app and go to the settings (by swiping down from the top) and configure it the way you like
    01-26-16 03:13 PM
    I kept getting confused about the Device Switch. On the BB site there is a functional link to get info from a BB, and Android and an iPhone. But the iPhone link was dead.

I pushed on.

I did manage to get my icloud contacts into Outlook and set BB Link to draw the info from Outlook but BB Link would keep locking up.

I decided the heck with it and used BB Link to wipe the phone and start over lol.

Then it offered me an OS update. It didn't do that the first time I set things up.

Ok, update.

Once that was completed THEN I was given the option to port information from another device and it mentioned Device Switch, which turned out to be phone apps, not a PC program. I installed the app on each device, the phones immediately found each other and I decided to do only the contacts.

I didn't know that 3,653 contacts would take so long lol. It went around once, bringing it all in I suppose, and then started over with some sort of updating process.

I began the whole thing about three hours ago. It is still 'Updating contacts', 937 of 3,653.

*barf*

_
    01-27-16 04:58 PM