Gives me even more faith BB10 will have a better chance at success. Apple is behind the curve! They literally announced technology other OS's have been using for some time. BB10, I am curious!
    fabio984 and chaddeus like this.
    09-12-12 12:39 PM
    I was looking at it with interest but i can't say I'm impressed, slightly taller iphone 4/4s basically

Interested to see their slides comparing screen sizes all used a 3/3gs, didn't want to make it so obvious its hardly changed on the outside

Also those port adapters ain't gonna solve the problem for those who bought docks with molded spaces for the phone, guess they'll just have to wait for china to catch on and release a cable version (yes I know you could use the headphone jack but then you can't use the remote that comes with most docks these days)

Ah well, guess we'll just have to wait and see what BB10 brings to the table
    innocentman likes this.
    09-12-12 12:48 PM
    I agree with you. The world expects to be "WOWED" when a new iPhone debut and the iP5 looks like a pretty soft evolution.

No mention of a LED indicator and they claim that the battery life is "better". They said the same thing about the 4S and it wasn't exactly true. For me, it was iP5 or BB10, and BB10 is looking a lot more exciting and dynamic right now.
    Hi Tek, jegs2 and jenks5150 like this.
    09-12-12 12:50 PM
    Innovation may be slowing for Apple but 'ease of use' they still seem to be king from a consumer perspective.
    BryantCarpio likes this.
    09-12-12 12:53 PM
    Innovation may be slowing for Apple but 'ease of use' they still seem to be king from a consumer perspective.
    The next Apple iPhone will be wearable in your ear and controlled by a Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod Mini type controller. That is what the worm in the apple told me this morning.
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-12-12 12:57 PM
    You can now post status updates to Facebook by voice with Siri!

Something I've been able to do for a good three years with Vlingo on my BB.
    09-12-12 01:02 PM
    I agree with you. The world expects to be "WOWED" when a new iPhone debut and the iP5 looks like a pretty soft evolution.

No mention of a LED indicator and they claim that the battery life is "better". They said the same thing about the 4S and it wasn't exactly true. For me, it was iP5 or BB10, and BB10 is looking a lot more exciting and dynamic right now.
    lol. the world expected to be wowed? Im not sure about that. pretty much all the specs about the phone got leaked long before today. and as I understand it, the keynote didnt present any surprises per say.

...meanwhile, RIM stock is on the +, as *heopfully* it means people are waiting for some fresh air..ie BB10
    09-12-12 01:04 PM
    Are there pictures of it whats it look like?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-12-12 01:04 PM
    This may be the most underwhelming iphone yet.
    09-12-12 01:05 PM
    I see nothing to wow the tech ground (well except for the audio stuff and the antenna stuff) but normal people are going to eat it up.

The other thing that get they other companies don't - preorder this friday, ship next friday - that's where nokia blew it last week.
    09-12-12 01:06 PM
    Are there pictures of it whats it look like?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Looks the same to me.
    09-12-12 01:07 PM
    It is what the public "thinks" is innovative... In Apple's case... what I have seen so far is not terribly impressive... This appears to be like other Apple Phones.... An incremental upgrade.... It keeps the platform the same thus no new learning curve for exisiting users. Enough imporvements to look good and keep people happy... the genius of Apple.....

One possible ommition for Apple is whether they wil have NFC support.... In the next 2 years NFC could be huge.. As RIM seems to be on the forfront of NFC implimentation... may be one areas BB10 will be innovative.
    09-12-12 01:07 PM
    This just solidifies BB10.

If any of you want a low price iPhone, the iPhone 4 will be the one to get. Forget the iPhone 5, there's nothing it can do that the iPhone 4/4S doesn't do already.
    yunvi, fabio984 and diego.roscetti like this.
    09-12-12 01:09 PM
    What is sad is that they can't come up with new Names for their Phones. IPhone 5...yeah that is a given.
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-12-12 01:10 PM
    Looks like blind fanboyism strikes again. Of course the crackberry community doesn't see what the big deal about the iPhone 5 is but people who live in the real world do. I will finally be leaving BB for the iPhone 5. So will countless others, I'm sure. You guys don't get it. It's not about the wow factor or how much they've improved since the last gen. It's a new iPhone, it finally has some critical features like LTE, and it has an enormous ecosystem that absolutely destroys any other "cool" or "advanced" features other OSes may have. WP8 looks good, BB10 looks good - but they still won't take off, and Apple can keep releasing updates like they have today to maintain their dominance.
    09-12-12 01:14 PM
    Does anyone happen to know the stats for the Playbook compared to what Apple announced today:

84 million Ipads sold through June 2012

91% of tablet web traffic comes from iPad

Do we even have stats on how much web traffic comes from the Playbook?
    pri79269 likes this.
    09-12-12 01:14 PM
    I don't see anything there that's already available on Blackberry. So "behind the curve" is a dead wrong assesment.
    09-12-12 01:16 PM
    This just solidifies BB10.
    Ever here, people realise that you have to actually release and outsell the market-leader before you hold the victory party? right?
    morales0416 and Alex_Hong like this.
    09-12-12 01:17 PM
    Looks like blind fanboyism strikes again. Of course the crackberry community doesn't see what the big deal about the iPhone 5 is but people who live in the real world do. I will finally be leaving BB for the iPhone 5. So will countless others, I'm sure. You guys don't get it. It's not about the wow factor or how much they've improved since the last gen. It's a new iPhone, it finally has some critical features like LTE, and it has an enormous ecosystem that absolutely destroys any other "cool" or "advanced" features other OSes may have. WP8 looks good, BB10 looks good - but they still won't take off, and Apple can keep releasing updates like they have today to maintain their dominance.
    enjoy, you were pobably better off gettign a galaxy SIII which was released months ago
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-12-12 01:18 PM
    And where is BB10? What happen to the summer release?
    they said q4 which is not summer. They moved it to q1 13 to improve it more. BB10 will leapfrog ios6 for sure, and if the rumors about the hardware are true bb10 phones will leapfrog iphone 5 specs as well. iphone will be outclassed.
    09-12-12 01:19 PM
    These crackheads are just mad and upset their still using outdated tech, while waiting on college students @ Waterloo to finish BB10 code.
    Welcome to CB. Your first three posts have been amazing in their insightfulness and wit. Enjoy what little remains of your stay.
    pantlesspenguin and bungaboy like this.
    09-12-12 01:20 PM
    enjoy, you were pobably better off gettign a galaxy SIII which was released months ago
    I thought about it, I personally find it extremely appealing. I'm not loyal to iOS or Android, I can go either way. But iOS does have a few critical things that I need so I pretty much have to go with Apple. The SIII is definitely nice though, but I personally can't stand Android unless it's pure vanilla Android.
    SugarMouth likes this.
    09-12-12 01:21 PM
    No duh. We're still months from RIM releasing BB10.

When it does launch, no one will be talking about iPhone 5, not because BB10 is going to be revolutionary (though it probably will), but because there's nothing to talk about with iPhone 5.
    You're right to some degree. There may not be much talk about the iPhone 5 at that time. But I'll bet you anything it will still be selling millions. Apple lets the numbers do the talking.
    09-12-12 01:24 PM
    another troll sent to his grave
    09-12-12 01:27 PM
    If what we have seen thus far in regards to the BB10 leaks, with its ugly UI....Apple is unworried.
    Did you make a new account to defend apple and its underwhelming new phone? lol We've hardly seen anything about the design of the os. Its not public knowledge.
    09-12-12 01:27 PM
538 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD