Hey!

well as some of you will know I was going to get a 9800!
    But I have been offered a 9900 as a swap for my iPhone 4.

It's a swap from Gumtree but I have sorted it for my local phone store for us both to go to the store and the manager will phone the insurance and do the swap.

Now I wanna ask is the swap worth it?
    How good/bad are the 9900s?

Should I look out for anything?
    03-07-12 01:43 PM
    the swap is definetely worth it, as long as you want a blackberry. I would make a call with the new phone and even try sending yourself an email\text to test out the keys. make sure there's no physical damage to the screen\keybord.

I would assume that the people your trading phone with, will most likely do the same??
    03-07-12 02:27 PM
    Ofcourse , you are on a BlackBerry fourm , so all the replies will tell you to make the switch , well , what if you go to iMore's fourm ? Every one will Think that you are crazy to even think about switching to a BlackBerry !
    My opinion is make the switch , because if you want productivity , messaging , and durability , then you want a BlackBerry !
    Spencerdl and torches like this.
    03-07-12 02:48 PM
    Ofcourse , you are on a BlackBerry fourm , so all the replies will tell you to make the switch , well , what if you go to iMore's fourm ? Every one will Think that you are crazy to even think about switching to a BlackBerry !
    My opinion is make the switch , because if you want productivity , messaging , and durability , then you want a BlackBerry !
    +1. This post makes a whole lot of sense
    03-07-12 02:51 PM
    I was on the 3g, 3gs and 4.. Gave up my iphone for a 9700.. I couldn't take the ty recpection and battery life on my iphone 4. I now have a 9900 and love it.

Iphone 4 is collecting dust.. Its good for taking videos while snowmobiling.. but thats it
    03-07-12 02:52 PM
    9900 that's about it. Just simple.
    03-07-12 03:05 PM
    Worth it. I had an iphone 4 and now use the 9930. No regrets. Don't even miss it. My iphone 4 is now an glorified ipod touch used for Scramble with Friends.
    03-07-12 03:34 PM
    Thats really all I use my phone for, I text and whatsapp a lot but I don't really think I play any of the games on iPhone(I have a DSi XL lol)
    03-07-12 03:46 PM
    OP: Just try both out in the stores and then make your decision. That's the best thing you can do. You are your own advisor and decision maker. Asking on here, you'll get too many answers. Besides, there are many threads on here if you did search them.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    03-07-12 04:26 PM
    If you are into mobile media stuffs you won't be able to resist the tempting iPhone 4 anyway. But wise man says choose Blackberry, it will make you a better person
    Gouk likes this.
    03-07-12 05:44 PM
    The person that's trading you his/her 9900 for the iPhone probably wants to play Infinity Blade or some other game.

If you don't care about playing games on the iPhone you should be happy with the 9900. It's an excellent phone.
    03-07-12 05:51 PM
    Seems to make sense to me. I say this though because based on your use of the iPhone you don't really use it for what its strengths are(Multimedia). You seem to need a phone, messaging device more than anything. That is the Bold's strength. I think you will do well, just make sure the battery is decent.
    03-07-12 05:53 PM
    If you like popular games your friends are playing or going to play then get the iphone. If all you want is a good keyboard the the BB is better option. But for apps its iphone, the BB's don't get app support from developers at all.
    03-07-12 10:01 PM
    @nyplaya610 Not so true, there are developers that do develop apps for blackberry.
    03-07-12 10:04 PM
    @nyplaya610 Not so true, there are developers that do develop apps for blackberry.
    I meant popular apps for the masses. Anywhere you go its only apps for iOS or android.
    03-07-12 10:07 PM
    Well I left BB and went to iPhone 4 and I liked it but here I am again with a BB 9850, I seem to always come back :-)
    03-07-12 10:19 PM
    If you are into mobile media stuffs you won't be able to resist the tempting iPhone 4 anyway. But wise man says choose Blackberry, it will make you a better person
    I am a better person because I use blackberry
    03-08-12 01:21 AM
    I meant popular apps for the masses. Anywhere you go its only apps for iOS or android.
    Unfortunately its true. I just bought a playbook. Man what a device, cool and the price is unbelievable for the double processsor good cams.. and quite decent definition screen...
    But coming from ipad and android for my multimedia consumption... my 9900 has more apps...
    RIM has got to step up effort in partnering with the developers. I need google earth, skype, etc other wise what do i "play" in my playbook?

Oops the question is whether to get 9900 or not.. Of course you should, unless you prioritize multimedia stuff which the 9900 can do but not as well because of screen size and available apps.
    Last edited by guzprom; 03-08-12 at 02:53 AM.
    03-08-12 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD