I don't get this - is Blackberry slow because its scheduled release happens to be at a slightly different time? That's just downright weird - basing it on the schedules of another company. 10.2.1 only came out at the start of the year, how on earth is that slow when we go to 10.3 before the end of the same year?
    For some reason, BlackBerry is expected to be on Apple's timeline. Hmm.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-19-14 09:41 AM
    The fact that members have been speculating and talk about for months does not mean BlackBerry was slow. I think they are on schedule. All those speculations were done by non BlackBerry people. Now it's taken as BlackBerry official words that make it seems like they are dragging their feet.
    09-19-14 10:32 AM
    Most are underwhelmed with the iOS 8 update.....

At least we get more bang for waiting a little.....

Posted via CB10

People always find it underwhelming.. But this is never the news I read on the main media outlets
    09-19-14 01:56 PM
    BlackBerry will not release 10.3 unless it is fully cooked. Unlike Thorsten Heins regime where many decisions were taken without much introspection resulted into complete tripping of the system. John Chen all moves are very calculative and smart.
    Passport I trust will prove all the critics wrong. It is coming with 10.3 which I feel is the right time to launch this OS with the new device and it will help in propelling the sales.

From my Z30 Device using 10.3.0.296.
    09-19-14 03:58 PM
    People always find it underwhelming.. But this is never the news I read on the main media outlets
    Asking Crackberry if IOS8 was a significant update is like going to BGR for an honest review on BB10 lol

Posted via CB10
    amjass12, TgeekB and MarsupilamiX like this.
    09-19-14 06:01 PM
    BlackBerry will not release 10.3 unless it is fully cooked. Unlike Thorsten Heins regime where many decisions were taken without much introspection resulted into complete tripping of the system.
    To be fair, BB10 was already delayed more than a year, and the launch pushed back twice already, when the Z10 was finally launched. Was 10.0 ready? No, but that wasn't Heins' fault - blame that directly on Jim and (mostly) Mike, for taking years following the iPhone launch to make any real effort to even start working on a new, modern OS. All those years Mike sat around assuring himself and the company that people didn't really want full-touch, cameras, apps, multimedia, etc. is the reason BB10 development didn't even start until mid-2010. Building a whole smartphone OS nearly from scratch is no trivial task, and it doesn't happen overnight. Just the rumor that Apple was working on a phone based on the iPod Touch should have been enough to wake people up (it certainly woke Google and Palm up!), but Mike was arrogant and thought he knew what people wanted better than they knew themselves. That hubris is why BB10 was so late, and why BB's phone business is still in big, big trouble in the big picture.
    techvisor and IndianTiwari like this.
    09-19-14 06:50 PM
    Patience grasshoppers.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 07:08 PM
    Just the rumor that Apple was working on a phone based on the iPod Touch should have been enough to wake people up (it certainly woke Google and Palm up!), but Mike was arrogant and thought he knew what people wanted better than they knew themselves. That hubris is why BB10 was so late, and why BB's phone business is still in big, big trouble in the big picture.
    The iPhone (June 29, 2007) was released before the iPod Touch (September 5, 2007).

Where do you people even come up with this stuff?

Posted via CB10
    spikesolie and walt63 like this.
    09-19-14 09:12 PM
    I thought it was 10.3 passport in September and 10.3.1 rest of phones October?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 02:43 AM
    I thought it was 10.3 passport in September and 10.3.1 rest of phones October?

Posted via CB10
    Yes that is the plan. Both the Passport as well as the Porsche P9983 will launch with 10.3 - no other phones will get an official update to this version. Once the Classic hits with 10.3.1, all other phones will get an update to this version. So people need to be either a bit more patient or go out and buy a new device.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    walt63 likes this.
    09-20-14 04:59 AM
    Let's us all admit the hype died after the announcement. It's only the Apple biased tech blogs and mags who've been pushing some hype over the past few days, it feels old now. To be honest and let's please be honest here, the anticipation of the Passport is beginning to eclipse all the hype.

Saw an article on the Verge where an editor was trying to rile up the crowds it seems by suggesting Samsung release their S6 or announce it or something. The mere fact that in the face of the advent of the Passport its not being mention tells you something. Yes folks, the hype died on the 9th of September, you don't have to admit it, I just said it.

Let's see how much hype there will be after the 24th.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-20-14 10:03 AM
    I don't get this - is Blackberry slow because its scheduled release happens to be at a slightly different time? That's just downright weird - basing it on the schedules of another company. 10.2.1 only came out at the start of the year, how on earth is that slow when we go to 10.3 before the end of the same year?
    It's not slow in the sense you make it, it's slow in the sense that im still waiting for more updates to come for things that should have been on the phone to start.

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:30 AM
    Getting more bang for things we should of already had to start with, like every other android and iphone...

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:31 AM
    It's not slow in the sense you make it, it's slow in the sense that im still waiting for more updates to come for things that should have been on the phone to start.

Q10 Posted via CB10
    Well, Apple only added copy and paste comparatively recently, and you still can't natively send attachments on an iPhone. And that's with a well established, mature OS. BB10 is 16 months old. They're moving quite quickly to add stuff, so while I agree that a lot of it should have been there at launch, it wasn't and we have to accept that. Since then they've been updating and improving pretty rapidly.
    ezapper2 and desporterizer like this.
    09-30-14 08:35 AM
    Hurry up blackberry I want 10.3 and the classic I don't have time to wait getting a new phone in November I sure hope the classic is out by then!!!

Q10 Posted via CB10
    As much as I want the 10.3 official I'm glad they are taking the extra month to release it. I don't want them to release it without ironing out the bugs like apple did.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:38 AM
    Well, Apple only added copy and paste comparatively recently, and you still can't natively send attachments on an iPhone. And that's with a well established, mature OS. BB10 is 16 months old. They're moving quite quickly to add stuff, so while I agree that a lot of it should have been there at launch, it wasn't and we have to accept that. Since then they've been updating and improving pretty rapidly.
    And I agree I love the new OS it's so fluid now just smaller things now, I'm just excited for it

Q10 Posted via CB10
    Banco likes this.
    09-30-14 08:40 AM
    As much as I want the 10.3 official I'm glad they are taking the extra month to release it. I don't want them to release it without ironing out the bugs like apple did.

Posted via CB10
    You mean like how BB delayed the initial release of BB10 to iron out all the bugs? What a bug free release 10.0 was....
    DS1331 likes this.
    09-30-14 09:44 AM
    You mean like how BB delayed the initial release of BB10 to iron out all the bugs? What a bug free release 10.0 was....
    They were building a new os from scratch. Silliest argument I've seen from you. Common

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    ezapper2 likes this.
    09-30-14 06:13 PM
    They were building a new os from scratch. Silliest argument I've seen from you. Common

And that's saying a lot.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 06:38 PM

Except for the whole playbook thing huh? 10.0 was frigging awful. 10.2 and 10.3 are finally adding the stuff that was missing from bb7.
    09-30-14 08:21 PM
    iOS8 has issues....let Apple embarrass themselves then hit'em with 10.3.

And, no...I don't hate Apple, so don't try to school me on what I already own.

Go team BlackBerry....Posted via my Z30

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 08:30 PM
    To be fair, BB10 was already delayed more than a year, and the launch pushed back twice already, when the Z10 was finally launched. Was 10.0 ready? No, but that wasn't Heins' fault - blame that directly on Jim and (mostly) Mike, for taking years following the iPhone launch to make any real effort to even start working on a new, modern OS. All those years Mike sat around assuring himself and the company that people didn't really want full-touch, cameras, apps, multimedia, etc. is the reason BB10 development didn't even start until mid-2010. Building a whole smartphone OS nearly from scratch is no trivial task, and it doesn't happen overnight. Just the rumor that Apple was working on a phone based on the iPod Touch should have been enough to wake people up (it certainly woke Google and Palm up!), but Mike was arrogant and thought he knew what people wanted better than they knew themselves. That hubris is why BB10 was so late, and why BB's phone business is still in big, big trouble in the big picture.
    Not really. BlackBerry had problems converting bbos to a full touch system. It's been heavily reported by every source at blackberry. BlackBerry buys qnx and took over a years in delays to run its security portfolio onto qnx. And still wasn't perfect. It's not like they just sat down and waited it off. Several attempts were made to get bbos to run right on a touch screen backed with media. Java simply isnt designed for that. And would never have things like flash.

Blackberry was only able to buy qnx from harman after the 2007 crash when goldman sachs backed out of the buy out deal and paliwai was the new chairman. Harman spun off sectors to become profitable. They just sold off AMX March of this year. Without the crash of 2007 and the new chairman , I dont think blackberry would ever have a chance to buy qnx.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 09:24 PM
    10.3.1 is what I meant to say, not 10.3 Q, and yes BlackBerry stated these as facts. In sure we will be able to side load 10.3 but it won't be officially released for any device except Passport.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    I'm actually running 10.3 on my Z10 for 2 months now. It's pretty cool

Z10
    09-30-14 09:48 PM
    Not really. BlackBerry had problems converting bbos to a full touch system. It's been heavily reported by every source at blackberry. BlackBerry buys qnx and took over a years in delays to run its security portfolio onto qnx. And still wasn't perfect. It's not like they just sat down and waited it off. Several attempts were made to get bbos to run right on a touch screen backed with media. Java simply isnt designed for that. And would never have things like flash.

Blackberry was only able to buy qnx from harman after the 2007 crash when goldman sachs backed out of the buy out deal and paliwai was the new chairman. Harman spun off sectors to become profitable. They just sold off AMX March of this year. Without the crash of 2007 and the new chairman , I dont think blackberry would ever have a chance to buy qnx.

Posted via CB10
    Did you own a storm , storm 2 , or 9850/9860?

The reason I ask, each of those devices were more capable of being a blackberry than the z10 was at launch. All three were full touch and were perfectly media capable. Each one was crippled by lackluster hardware specs, stuck on bis, and limited to 3G connectivity. Java was a dead end but bb pulled the plug (except for one new phone months later) prematurely when they released bb10. Now they decided they need to go back to their roots.
    09-30-14 10:01 PM
    Did you own a storm , storm 2 , or 9850/9860?

The reason I ask, each of those devices were more capable of being a blackberry than the z10 was at launch. All three were full touch and were perfectly media capable. Each one was crippled by lackluster hardware specs, stuck on bis, and limited to 3G connectivity. Java was a dead end but bb pulled the plug (except for one new phone months later) prematurely when they released bb10. Now they decided they need to go back to their roots.

Yes I owned some of them...

BBOS will NEVER compete with BB10. Show me how BBOS handles flash? It's not like iPhone that won't handle flash because of a decision to not offer it because it can support it. BBOS was never designed with full media intent. Blackberry were pushing the very limits it can handle.

What you are comparing is the feature list of the OS and not the limitations of the OS itself. There's your confusion. BBOS of course will have more features at it's death vs. BB10 at it's birth.
    09-30-14 10:13 PM
68 123