I've seen iOS 6 shown off at WWDC 2012 and see some features which are just slight changes and some new features (They copied blackberry with some features) do you think BB10 can hit back features wise?

I do not think Apple done enough with iOS 6 and the features are weak; BB10 if executed well could potentially destroy iOS 6. iOS 6 comes this fall so I think the main competitors for later this year is RIM vs Apple. The S3 could come into play but for me its irrelevant LOL...
    Last edited by siddo_d; 06-11-12 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Second statement
    DJM626 and Apelles123 like this.
    06-11-12 02:07 PM
    deffinately maybe!
    06-11-12 02:21 PM
    I HATE Apple, but I'm still impressed with iOS6. There were a number of "new" features that were just catching up (for example "Do not Disturb" status & being able to msg someine who is calling)

For me the 2 Best parts were the new lapbook. It's a cross between the Mac Book Pro & the MacBook Air...I like to call it the MacBook PrAir
    The hardware on that thing looks amazing!

The other thing is their Map app...That looks like it's quite good; & for tourists, the flyover feature would rock....Though, lets see what it's like in real life...hows the Data Set? Does it do transit navigation? ect.

Come on BB10!!!

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention their Facebook Intergration....looks like a security/privacy nightmare
    Last edited by bbpandy; 06-11-12 at 02:47 PM.
    06-11-12 02:24 PM
    I didn't see anything major announced on the iOS front at WWDC. The maps is just replacing Google provided functionality with in-house Apple provided. Siri is getting more things integrated, and some new apps. I'm starting to see Siri becoming as annoying as Nextel's Direct Connect conversations on public transit except instead of people talking to people they will be talking to the phone. One of the things I like about smartphones is that I can have communications with people without speaking, Apple seems to want you to talk to the phone to do everything.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShY6xZWVGE[/YT]

So yes I would say that BB10 has a great chance to exceed iOS 6 and the new iPhone based on what I saw today.
    siddo_d and jersey kid like this.
    06-11-12 02:26 PM
    RIM will blow them away I believed it!!!
    06-11-12 02:26 PM
    For me the 2 Best parts were the new lapbook. It's a cross between the Mac Book Pro & the MacBook Air...I like to call it the MacBook PrAir
    The hardware on that thing looks amazing
    Okay, well I have a MacBook Pro, but isn't that new machine ditching the optical drive?
    06-11-12 02:29 PM
    Does it really matter in 2012? to me the OS is now a hygiene factor, it needs to be at a similar level of competence to the competition to allow you to compete but belong that provides little or no competitive advantage - the ecosystem, carrier buy-in (hero phone status for example), marketing mix all seem more significant and will remain so until someone comes up with the next paradigm shift and we get the next cycle of mobility.
    06-11-12 02:30 PM
    About the only iOS announcement that really impressed me was Passbook, which looks like an outstanding app opportunity ("app-ortunity"? Should I trademark that? lol).

A single place to keep boarding passes, coupons, and gift cards is a great idea.
    06-11-12 02:31 PM
    If BB10 doesn't pack a punch with features than what was the point of making it?

We have only seen a few demos of BB10 and some leaks and every single one was better than the last so It is MY opinion that BB10 will have a lot of killer features. Have you seen the Cinnamon Toast leaked images? It is pretty snazzy. Sounds cute but it is brilliant. I can see myself using it a lot. BB10 will be for power users who need to get things done and do the things that need getting done ASAP. Blackberry's are not a novelty item and they aren't toys, they are for those who enjoy productivity and being able to complete tasks quickly. BB10 can only build on those core values because QNX is a get sh*t done system. QNX also has more than enough juice to pump out great graphics for games and TAT makes apps looks Amazing. All work and no play makes Blackberry bland to the wide variety of users but BB10 will show that you can work your off and succeed and at the same time play a game, browse the web, watch a movie, listen to music and have the happiest damn experience in the world. When I read about iOS6 and saw some demo photos I thought "Wow that's impressive but where is the productivity?" My Bold 9900 keyboard is hands down the best and this device works for me. I know Siri has made huge strides but, I'm not worried about that because BB10 has a few tricks it will indeed show off at launch. Anyway I wouldn't worry to much, no one for sure knows all the ins and outs of Blackberry 10 so we must wait.
    06-11-12 02:35 PM
    we went from having to walk to the TV to change channels/volume to arguing with it with SIRI... WTF ???
    06-11-12 02:37 PM
    .....I know Siri has made huge strides but, I'm not worried about that because BB10 has a few tricks it will indeed show off at launch. Anyway I wouldn't worry to much, no one for sure knows all the ins and outs of Blackberry 10 so we must wait.
    What huge strides? Basically it's just more intergration with 3rd party data bases, iNav intergration & the ability to FINALLY open apps. when they first said that they had made big improvements in Siri, I thought maybe with her ability to understand you ect...but I was wrong. Siri did not become any more productive, just more knowlegable about novelty facts.
    06-11-12 03:23 PM
    Idk why everybody is so "impressed" with iOS 6.
    From what I've seen over on iMore, to me its everything that SHOULD HAVE been released with iOS 5.

Like I always say, until Apple releases a completely revamped OS, I wont be too excited.
    Happy about the new features, yes.
    Excited about it overall, no.
    Their just simply adding what should have came with iOS 5 IMO.

iPhone is still a great device, tho.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-11-12 03:24 PM
    Blackberry 10 will be dead on arrival.... Importing Waterloo University students to build your OS which is 2 years 2 late is not a good look. Anyway... The new app store looks awesome. Apple - iOS 6 Preview
    06-11-12 03:32 PM
    I think if you look closely you will see that with iOS6 Apple has just about stuck a finger in most cookie jars.
    I do not underestimate their Maps (even at launch as it is)
    Nor their passbook, nor Siri delving deeper into sports, movies and cars.
    Seriously iOS6 must be taken seriously. Apple is not concentrating a lot on UI but functionality, and the type of functionality they are adding is going to make most people less reluctant to leave OR most inclined to join in.
    So Apple have played their hand, (impressive even though their lives didnt depend on it; inexplicably their stock slid a bit) now RIM have to play theirs, (and their lives depend on it; their stock remains near all-time low levels)
    Another differentiating factor is that RIM has that much more marketing to do of BB10 to show people how new it will be, Apple will market their stuff heavily anyway even if every techie in sight will singing their praises till iOS7 arrives.
    It's game on!
    Last edited by Blackberry_boffin; 06-13-12 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Typo
    info600 likes this.
    06-11-12 03:47 PM
    I wonder how much heat will the MacBook PrAir generate.
    06-11-12 03:50 PM
    Blackberry 10 will be dead on arrival.... Importing Waterloo University students to build your OS which is 2 years 2 late is not a good look. Anyway... The new app store looks awesome. Apple - iOS 6 Preview

DOA???? How do you know how it will "look"? All we've seen is snippets of clocks, pictures/camera (really cool!) & keyboards(amazing). Do you know something that the rest of us here @ CB don't? Yeah, they're late switching to the QNX - they admitted that, quit harping on the past. I can't wait to see what apple comes out with when they "re-do" their OS. Getting University student to work on the OS? What is wrong with that? Are they welders? Automotive dept? Bakery? It's a good bet they aren't. Make sure you get the itroll app. Only available on iOS 6!
    have a good day all!
    BB10 - PIN & GRIN!
    Last edited by rigwrecker; 06-11-12 at 04:39 PM.
    06-11-12 03:59 PM
    Good question; the current one can get pretty hot on the lap, if you're running graphics-intensive programs.
    06-11-12 04:02 PM
    About the only iOS announcement that really impressed me was Passbook, which looks like an outstanding app opportunity ("app-ortunity"? Should I trademark that? lol).

A single place to keep boarding passes, coupons, and gift cards is a great idea.
    It seems to me that the passbook is a precursor to introduce the next iPhone with NFC. This can be used thru bar-code scannning for older iPhones, but will be even better integrated with NFC. The rumored wallet feature probably will be announced too.
    06-11-12 04:07 PM
    Anyone seen "Find my phone" in iOS 6?
    BlackBerry Protect just got ripped off.
    06-11-12 04:18 PM
    Anyone seen "Find my phone" in iOS 6?
    BlackBerry Protect just got ripped off.
    Find my iPhone has been around for a good few years?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-11-12 04:38 PM
    What huge strides? Basically it's just more intergration with 3rd party data bases, iNav intergration & the ability to FINALLY open apps. when they first said that they had made big improvements in Siri, I thought maybe with her ability to understand you ect...but I was wrong. Siri did not become any more productive, just more knowlegable about novelty facts.
    Well what surprised me with Siri was the Eyes-free integration with major car manufacturers, you'll be able to use voice commands to call, play music, compose messages, get directions, etc. etc. with a dedicated button in the car. I didn't think Siri would be integrated that deep with manufacturers.

Now of course Apple is not the first to get into that full level of functionality, but since most car manufacturers already have iPod / iPhone interfaces, Siri might very have well scooped RIM into being the defacto choice for car manufacturers. Time will tell if RIM and BB10 have made similar deals...
    06-11-12 04:46 PM
    The updates were evolutionary not revolutionary.

Sent from my blabbering thumbs using Tapatalk
    06-11-12 04:54 PM
    I see a lot of downplaying of the 200 new features Apple announced today in here. However I can guarantee that if it were a RIM event, and RIM made the the same equivalent announcements, that the same people would be creaming their pants and praising it to the high heavens. The forums would be swamped by the phrases game-changer, revolutionary, innovative, and Rimpire strikes back.

Please, be honest with yourself and imagine that RIM made the same announcement. It's only if you do this mental exercise that you can evaluate the information objectively.
    06-11-12 04:57 PM
    Whaaa...? Waterloo University students are among the best in the world... Anyway, I looked at the features for iOS 6 and thought, "meh".
    rigwrecker likes this.
    06-11-12 05:02 PM
    lol I was wondering the same thing...
    06-11-12 05:05 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD