06-03-08 09:48 AM
- So I read all the posts before installing (and watched the videos) to try to get the "perfect" install. I tried, but of course ended up with a few bubbles I couldn't work out and two weird looking spots (almost like smudges).
I know everyone said you HAVE to let it work itself out - by giving it a day or so. But .. I installed it last night around 6pm and was hoping for some improvement this AM. Nothing (at least that I could see).
I guess I will keep tapping the fingers on the desk in anticipation.
(I never once claimed to have patience - ask my wife!)06-01-08 04:52 AM
- I went to my local mall to an invisibleSHIELD kiosk and had them put it on. Don't know if its the same for you, but they told me it was a lifetime warranty, if it peeled off for any reason they would put a new one on for free. Maybe they can send you out a new one if you are not satisfied.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com06-01-08 07:34 AM
- I found one that adhered without sticky (sold by the folks who distribut noreve cases).
But when I did put a BSE on my Creative ZVM, almost all bubbles including one larger one disappeared over about 2-3 days. But those smudges don't sound good - you really need to work it with wet soapy fingers (using the fluid or a drop of dish soap in a soup bowl of water) and make sure that you do not press too much on the sticky side which could lead to embedded finger prints.
I've never seen a kiosk where you can get them installed. Do you pay extra for the service? It might still be worth it!! Is there a list of where such kiosks are located?06-01-08 09:35 AM
- I've used both IS and BSE, and prefer the BSE! I have since ripped off the IS on my IPod Touch, and replaced with BSE...and i have one one my Pearl, and Macbook. LOL it is a much easier installation than IS and i did not get ANY bubbles on any of the devices...and for the cost of the IS i got all 3 of those skins with extra money remaining...
Next time...opt for the BSE06-01-08 10:11 AM
- i honeslty didnt get a bubble on any of my devices when using the BSE, but i also soaked that thing so it would slide all over...LOL
The time i used the IS it took about 24-48 hours and some were still little and puckered the IS instead of settling so it looked like a dot, and it annoyed me!! hence why i ripped it off!06-01-08 01:27 PM
- I have installed Invisible Shield on a few Berry's and other phones and have always had excellent results with the install. However, the last two shields I installed it seemed like the material had minor surface imperfections. The very last one I installed was on my wifes ENV2, and the inside screen shield is really bad and has imperfections on the outside of the material. I am going to get a replacement and I hope they dont try to charge me shipping because I feel like this isnt my fault. I have a BSE on my 8330 and it is flawless, I would like to say that BSE has a more clear or transparent look to it, but I know it is the same material as IS. Usually you can work out all the air bubbles and within 24 hours any water spots or trapped air have disappeared. So if you have not left fingerprints on the under side of the shield it should turn out great, unless the shield has imperfections.06-01-08 02:30 PM
- DuviRetired ModeratorI've done both and the I.S. is better IMO.
The bubbles actually comes out better with I.S. than BSE. There is a reason why there's a lifetime warranty.
Call them up and have them replace it and that's what I love about I.S. Until BSE gets that, it will not be on the level of the I.S. ... once again, IMO!06-01-08 02:36 PM
- I just put my IS on a few days ago and it is perfect. The trick is not only to get your fingers and the adhesive side wet with the included solution, but the smooth side wet also. I sprayed both sides of the IS, then sprayed the front, and got the rubber that you used to push out bubbles wet. This lets you glide smoothly over the surface of the IS without smudging it. There was a tiny bubble that was gone the next morning.
And also, just FYI. You dont have to keep your bb off for 24 hours in order to achieve the best results. The screen does not emit enough heat to cause any problems..Hope this helps06-01-08 02:56 PM
- I used the BSE and would recommend it to anyone over the cost of the IS. A co worker has an IS and it looks awful compared to the BSE I had on my Pearl.
I am waiting for my BSE on my 8330 (should be here this week)...as far as guarantee, from what their customer service told me they replace the skins like IS does, maybe IS uses that advertising to justify charging so much more? *shrug*06-01-08 06:46 PM
- I used the BSE and am very happy with it...its so smooth...wouldnt even know its on the berry. As for the bubbles, they might even take a couple weeks. I had three bubbles and after 10 days one of them is still there but its waning and I'm sure it'll go away. Just be patient.06-01-08 07:13 PM
- I love how everyone says BSE and IS are exactly the same thing, so get BSE because it's cheaper.....then other say BSE looks so much better and goes on so much easier than IS, get BSE because it's better.
If they're the same, wouldn't it be very VERY hard to tell the difference in the installation and the look of the final product, aside from the differences in the cut of the film?06-02-08 03:01 AM
- I think most of us feel it's essentially the same...but I am sorry, if I find a product that works as well as another, and that product is $20 less, I'll go with the lesser cost.
IS may have the guarantee, and the prestige, but BSE won me over with the emery board gouge that was completely invisible the next day.06-02-08 03:08 AM
Is that similar to what you ended up with? Thanks!06-02-08 03:55 AM
- 06-02-08 08:33 AM
- 06-02-08 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD