Why would they? The last times that fans were hyped nothing really changed.

Exhibit 1. BB10 10.2.1 is launched, Android apks can be installed directly.
    Fans hype: BB10 can use Android apps now, no more app gap, "Better Android than Android", the consumers will come back to BB
    Result: BB continues to sell less and less phones

Exhibit 2. BB 10.3 is launched with passport and classic
    Fans hype: The OS is finally mature, Passport most innovative phone, BBOS customers will like the classic with the toolbelt
    Result: BB actually sold less than 1 million phones in a quarter.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and techvisor like this.
    08-20-15 07:51 AM
    Investors not buying the hype??
    What a coincidence. Neither are the loyal Blackberry consumers because its not a Blackberry.
    Its a Droid playing dress up in Blackberry clothes.

My really kickazz Z30
    08-20-15 09:27 AM
    Who knows truly what is coming when the Franken Berry gets launched? If it's truly a straight Android or a straight OS10 or a blend of both? Who knows what the deal was to achieve BlackBerry being able to run both OSes if it's even the case... What of BlackBerry ' s resources have been used to sweeten the deal to keep Google and the other Android OEMS happy? I'm really eager to see what they've been able to achieve with this new device. All the hype around it is kinda exciting, I think.
    I won't count out John Chen and his plans until they've thrown the last shovel of dirt on it. I'm fairly certain that Chen is not going to risk losing BlackBerry s reputation for security unless he gets something substantial in return.
    If the Franken Berry is a horrible device, then get one at launch and hack/root it. Let us know how easy it was. I'm thinking that that Chen has done his homework on the security.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-20-15 09:31 AM
    Had BlackBerry gone Android early, BBM would likely have WhatsApp user numbers and could've potentially sold it at 7x BB's current cash pile
    That's another possibility. Unlike HTC and others, BB had additional avenues to make money (and corporate value) from Android beyond just selling handsets, and this is just one of several potential areas they could have been far stronger in. Good call.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-20-15 10:18 AM
    There has been or were some that taught that Android was the answer to begin with. I remember someone once said that they didn't think BlackBerry could create an OS in only a year and half.... and while the PlayBook proved them wrong seven or eight months later, in a way BB10 proved them very right. Now most had wanted BlackBerry to go the Amazon route and use Android as the base of the OS.... and I think that would have ended up much like we are today. You can look at the Amazon App store and see that developers don't care much for forked platforms.

Of course when the PlayBook launched and developers ignored it, many questioned if it still wasn't time to revert to full Android.

I think right now more investors are worried about yet again another change in direction from BlackBerry and how it will affect existing customers. And a lack of information for CHEN on what is going on.... his it will take another 18 months is a little vague.

And most investors didn't expect to see Service fees to continue to fall.... Chen give a number for new customers, but I think investors really want to know about subscriber levels for BES. Are they growing? Are all the loses due to just BIS pull back?

I think many have written off the hardware business at this point. But Service was suppose to be growing, as well as Software... and so far the only growth was they licensed a portion of the RockStar patents they had received (thanks to Thor).

BlackBerry has always had potential..... which is harder, keeping your dominate position in Smartphone and MDM. Or from scratch becoming a major player in IoT or healthcare systems?
    08-20-15 10:51 AM
    That's another possibility. Unlike HTC and others, BB had additional avenues to make money (and corporate value) from Android beyond just selling handsets, and this is just one of several potential areas they could have been far stronger in. Good call.
    They could have just gone cross platform early with BBM and not gone Android and accomplished the same. Had they closed the WebOS deal in 2009 and not lost it to HP, they had a chance to build an ecosystem to compete against Google and Apple early, WebOS was better than both early on, and they even had Netflix support when the TouchPad released.

It is sad watching inferior tech win out but it happens all the time.

Posted via Z30
    gfondeur, bazillus and techvisor like this.
    08-20-15 10:51 AM
    They could have just gone cross platform early with BBM and not gone Android and accomplished the same. Had they closed the WebOS deal in 2009 and not lost it to HP, they had a chance to build an ecosystem to compete against Google and Apple early, WebOS was better than both early on, and they even had Netflix support when the TouchPad released.

It is sad watching inferior tech win out but it happens all the time.

Posted via Z30
    Beg to differ. Going Android would've ensured BBM's presence in Android world and a lot earlier launch to boot. The fact that BB went with BB10 made them want to keep one of their prized possessions as an incentive for users to try the new platform
    08-20-15 01:44 PM
    So you sell shares on still unofficial news?

Posted via CB10
    Who doesn't unless you are some kind of deaf and dumb type of investor.
    Hold to them for far too long made some money but not anymore.
    Don't get me wrong I hope Blackberry recovers and makes a comeback and best believe I'll be right back buying their stock.

Supporting the workers struggle world wide via my BB,Z30a
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    08-20-15 01:47 PM
    Who doesn't unless you are some kind of deaf and dumb type of investor.
    Hold to them for far too long.
    Don't get me wrong I hope Blackberry

Supporting the workers struggle world wide via my BB,Z30
    Trust me, you can make a lot of money without selling on rumors...
    Yeah sometimes that works out well, but i bought my shares verry low (6$) and sold them almost the dubble...
    This after -+ 2y of holding them

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 01:57 PM
    Yep, I agree I admit I have lost faith in BlackBerry and recently distant myself from the brand further ever since Chen refused to address the Android rumours. Not addressing the rumours just makes the company looks more confused and indecisive with their strategic future plans. Your customers don't know where your heads are at and your investors don't know whether to bet on an clear Android future or against the gloomy Android market. I don't understand why it's so hard to answer a simple question.
    jsmith00075 and gfondeur like this.
    08-20-15 02:56 PM
    Yep, I agree I admit I have lost faith in BlackBerry and recently distant myself from the brand further ever since Chen refused to address the Android rumours. Not addressing the rumours just makes the company looks more confused and indecisive with their strategic future plans. Your customers don't know where your heads are at and your investors don't know whether to bet on an clear Android future or against the gloomy Android market. I don't understand why it's so hard to answer a simple question.
    You have a point here.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 03:01 PM
    Yeah it is sad that I, as a BlackBerry users since 2008, that has never carried anything other than a BlackBerry phone since then, is going to be giving the competition a chance to earn my business. Yeah I complained, but I used the device exclusively and wanted my only phone to get better. I wasn't like the people here that carried an iPhone or Android in addition to a BlackBerry saying BlackBerry was fine, so I was a more dedicated and demanding user. I'm waiting for all the new stuff to be out and will decide. I have no faith in Chen or BlackBerry, and feel like the company is getting ready to abandon my investment in their ecosystem again, just like they did with the PlayBook. Why would I give their Android device a chance when they haven't stuck with anything else to this point? Other companies work hard to earn and keep customers, BlackBerry seems to just expect people to stay and think they have a captive audience.

Posted via Z30
    thymaster and gfondeur like this.
    08-20-15 03:42 PM
    Yeah it is sad that I, as a BlackBerry users since 2008, that has never carried anything other than a BlackBerry phone since then, is going to be giving the competition a chance to earn my business. Yeah I complained, but I used the device exclusively and wanted my only phone to get better. I wasn't like the people here that carried an iPhone or Android in addition to a BlackBerry saying BlackBerry was fine, so I was a more dedicated and demanding user. I'm waiting for all the new stuff to be out and will decide. I have no faith in Chen or BlackBerry, and feel like the company is getting ready to abandon my investment in their ecosystem again, just like they did with the PlayBook. Why would I give their Android device a chance when they haven't stuck with anything else to this point? Other companies work hard to earn and keep customers, BlackBerry seems to just expect people to stay and think they have a captive audience.

Posted via Z30
    Really this again? "I'm leaving BlackBerry, this isn't like the last ten thousand times I've said it, no sir this time I really really mean it, you won't have old Inichols o push around any more, yes sir I'm getting an iPhone this is the last straw, that's it I'm gone. " You can only say this sh*t so long then eventually you've you've just got to go, no no please just go.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 04:04 PM
    Really this again? "I'm leaving BlackBerry, this isn't like the last ten thousand times I've said it, no sir this time I really really mean it, you won't have old Inichols o push around any more, yes sir I'm getting an iPhone this is the last straw, that's it I'm gone. " You can only say this sh*t so long then eventually you've you've just got to go, no no please just go.

Posted via CB10
    Really this again. "I'm Glenn Biddle. Defender of all things BlackBerry. I've never contributed anything of substance to the forum but anything that isn't positive I will go after the person that said it while ignoring the merits of the argument presented. BlackBerry is great. BlackBerry is good. Please move along nothing to see here".

Posted via Z30
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-20-15 05:35 PM
    The point I am driving toward is that investors realize precisely what you have stated.

Investors react to rumors everyday and drive share prices up and down depending on the value perceived in the rumor.

BlackBerry really needs to provide its customers and shareholders a clear, unambiguous, and integrated road map for next 3 months.

The silence of BlackBerry's corporate offices is suppressing purchases of their products.
    Ain't you being too presumptuous? Tell me what Apple's road map is for the next 3 months.
    You and I know that playing the stock market is very speculative, unless you have "insider info".
    08-21-15 08:00 AM
    He can't answer that question..... the moment he does, sales of existing products will plummet. BlackBerry is at a point where a drastic drop in revenues would greatly affect their"cash hoard". And I'm not sure how much of that $3 Billion is liquid... or how long it will need to carry the company during this next transition phase they are entering. But either way this transition is going to be very expensive...
    momantm likes this.
    08-21-15 08:23 AM
    I agree and also some customers are rethinking to buy BlackBerry devices because they going for a stock Android ? Who said that.

It was nice that people talk about BlackBerryand that was good, but it's damaging the brand at the moment since the last few weeks. So be bold and move on the get your news wide .
    08-21-15 09:22 AM
    Investors would have been far happier if BB10 had never existed and if BB had ended hardware with the 9900 and gone straight to software at that time. There would have still been a big loss in the stock price, but IMO it probably would be around $20/share today if they had done so. BB10 was a financial disaster for BB.
    I respectfully disagree.
    BB10 had and has faults, but it's potential to the consumer base was very great. It ultimately failed on 2 accounts.

1) Horrible marketing and app building incentive, which may have be cause by bad timing i.e delayed arrival

2) not transferring of all BlackBerry features to BB10 from BBO7 . Although this may be a small detail, it deterred BlackBerry 9900 users to move over when BB10 arrived. I would also include that the classic should have been built in 2013 instead of the Q10 (which I use.

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-21-15 09:33 AM
    I respectfully disagree.
    BB10 had and has faults, but it's potential to the consumer base was very great. It ultimately failed on 2 accounts.

1) Horrible marketing and app building incentive, which may have be cause by bad timing i.e delayed arrival

2) not transferring of all BlackBerry features to BB10 from BBO7 . Although this may be a small detail, it deterred BlackBerry 9900 users to move over when BB10 arrived. I would also include that the classic should have been built in 2013 instead of the Q10 (which I use.

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    Troy didn't comment on why BB10 was good or bad... just speculated that if it had not existed, BlackBerry might have actually been better off.

But you could play the should have, could have, would have game all day with BlackBerry.

And you could write a book on what they have done wrong... as some already have. But basically it came down to being out of touch with your customers and not providing a product that was competitive in today's market. BB10 would have worked in 2007 (maybe 2008 or 2009) when both Apple and Google had their own growing pains....

Right now investors look at all the other Android OEMS and they look at BlackBerry's track record... and it's hard to see how they can succeed where other are struggling. Especially when we really have no details or information for them to go on.
    08-21-15 10:53 AM
    BBRY has been down all week and is presently down 1.45% as I write.

BlackBerry needs to boldly clear the air and state exactly what they intend to release in the future and on what OS platform.
    You realize the market has been down this week and down for the month, right? So you can't just say BBRY is down without looking at the conditions of the overall market. If you compare BBRY and AAPL stock for the month of August, BBRY is outperforming AAPL. And BBRY isn't far off the NASDAQ average for August.
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    08-21-15 10:55 AM
    Chen is doing terrible and he has said that barring any world crisis that he would have an 80% chance to create value for shareholders,Well the Markets are tanking these last couple of days and I suspect the trend will continue,Chen just had his *** saved with the markets fall,but haven't we all suspected that it would ,anyway? It's had a pretty good run the last couple of years,This smart *** chen knows how to cover his ***,haha
    08-21-15 11:10 AM
    You realize the market has been down this week and down for the month, right? So you can't just say BBRY is down without looking at the conditions of the overall market. If you compare BBRY and AAPL stock for the month of August, BBRY is outperforming AAPL. And BBRY isn't far off the NASDAQ average for August.
    BlackBerry has been going down well before that. Please research the share price for details. BlackBerry can't go much lower because they are valued at cash on hand. They are pretty much at their basement unless they spend down their cash. The market is basically valuing them at their cash and saying the company is worthless.

Posted via Z30
    08-21-15 12:26 PM
    BlackBerry has been going down well before that. Please research the share price for details. BlackBerry can't go much lower because they are valued at cash on hand. They are pretty much at their basement unless they spend down their cash. The market is basically valuing them at their cash and saying the company is worthless.

Posted via Z30
    They aren't the only ones hurting. Even Apple is doing poorly, it's a market wide slump. My 401k is down the most it's been in like 2 years.

BlackBerry is doing better then companies like HTC, who are currently valued at LESS then their assets...making their inventory, warehouses, factories, and products all worthless to share holders. Ouch!

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    gfondeur likes this.
    08-21-15 12:55 PM
    They aren't the only ones hurting. Even Apple is doing poorly, it's a market wide slump. My 401k is down the most it's been in like 2 years.

BlackBerry is doing better then companies like HTC, who are currently valued at LESS then their assets...making their inventory, warehouses, factories, and products all worthless to share holders. Ouch!

Well..... you do know that BlackBerry doesn't own warehouse & factories anymore... and their new deals kinda make Foxconn and the other builders responsible for inventor these days.... They assets are the patents and the cash, and BlackBerry is trading much lower than what these are suppose to be worth. So BlackBerry is in just as much of an Ouch situation.

I do agree the markets are down.... and that does have an effect.

And unlike HTC, BlackBerry is "working" on a number of "possible" revenue streams...
    -Puck- likes this.
    08-21-15 01:33 PM

Yes but Apple still making Billions in revenue a quarter. BlackBerry is worth their cash. So BlackBerry isn't doing good or better. If they dropped more then that means that they would be valued less than their cash, which they are close.

Posted via Z30
    08-21-15 02:15 PM
95 1234