Just wondering if there are any users out there are are experiencing problems getting on the internet and receiving emails to your blackberry devices? Wondering if I am just an isolated incident or is there an outage in my area (ATT in NJ)
    04-27-09 12:07 PM
    If you are experiencing difficulty with your connection, resend your service books. That will refresh all of your settings and deliver a confirmation message through each of your accounts.

On the home screen, use the icon labeled Email Setup, log on to your carries site to do a resend.
    04-27-09 12:14 PM
    I finished doing that but still no go. I not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I am noticing that I do not have the blackberry icon showing by my signal strength. I only have the 3G icon and the strength meter. Normally the bb icon would show. I can't even log on to my carriers website. I get an error message that states "there is insufficient network coverage."
    Last edited by rizzzzoooo; 04-27-09 at 12:28 PM.
    04-27-09 12:24 PM
    I am having the same problem..."Insufficient network coverage. Please try again later." I first noticed it last night.
    04-27-09 02:55 PM
    What was the outcome? You still not getting it?
    04-27-09 06:33 PM
    I'm on AT&T and I live 4 miles from the GWB. I've noticed that while I am driving, AT&T can not push emails to my device. Only when I have stopped the car do they arrive. Internet is the same, I can not get any webpage to load unless I'm stopped or moving slowly through traffic. This is a major downside to AT&T's service imo. And its not just my Bold that does this, I have 2 friends who have the same issue. I've been told its due to the shoddy 3G coverage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 09:11 PM
    Day two and it still seems like there is an "outage" still in my area. Apparently I was told that it is affecting any 3G device on the ATT network. Yet My brother in law who literally lives on the street behind mine has an I PHONE and he gets emails and can surf. WTH!!!! I am starting to lose patience with this situation. I never had problems getting email or surfing while on the move. Just for the last two days I have been having this problem. ATT better resolve this quick or verizon will have a new customer. I am one who does not care about ETF's and will just go ahead and move on.
    04-28-09 05:42 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Ive been an AT&T customer for a week and for the first 4 days I had no problems then starting yesterday it just stopped working. I have the same screen. It tells me 3G but the blackberry dots are gone and I cant get any data. I spent 2 hrs on the phone with AT&T and RIM and they told me to return my phone. Yet when I got home it worked fine. Definitely not a Bold issue.
    04-28-09 07:01 AM
    PS... Rizzzzzz where you located? I'm in Middlesex county which can hardly be considered obscure. My friends Edge works just fine. Why doesnt AT&T let us switch off the 3G network? Now my phone will spend all day looking for a 3G network draining the battery!!!!!
    04-28-09 07:03 AM
    I am in woodbridge, middlesex county. I am at wits end!!!!! plus what kills m is that I was instructed by ATT reps yesterday to do a master reset which erased all my third party apps. I thought that they would be saved with a back up but apparently not. So now I have phone with no data, email, and without any third party apps WHICH WERE PAID FOR. So all that and still nothing and now lost all apps !!!!!!!

PS It all started yesterday. And I dont get why the people I know who have I Phones are still getting full service without a problem. I have seen it first hand!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by rizzzzoooo; 04-28-09 at 07:43 AM.
    04-28-09 07:40 AM
    I'm in Alabama, not New York, and we don't have 3G in my area, but I HAVE noticed over the past couple of days my data has gone from EDGE to edge quite a few times when normally it's pretty steady with EDGE. Maybe AT&T is having some issues.

04-28-09 07:45 AM
    Im also in woodbridge, nj. funny?
    04-28-09 08:17 AM
    well i have no issue with them having a problem just want them to get the story straight. When I call customer support they say there is no problem. When I go to the store to ask for a new sim card they say there is an outage. Which one is it? At this rate I don't see my issue getting resolved. See I would not complain if I even had edge. That means I would still be able to use the browser and get my email. But I cant do either one.
    04-28-09 08:23 AM
    I had the same issue. I had to do several master resets, losing all my apps, only to find that when I went home to Monmouth County, my data service 3G picked up again. I'm not sure what to do. Tier 2 support told me it was not an AT&T issue. RIM told me it was not a Blackberry issue. Very frustrated!!!!
    04-28-09 11:04 AM
    Looks like AT&T is working on this Rizzz. My bold just turned on to EDGE and is working.
    04-28-09 12:01 PM
    My service just came back on about an hour ago. I guess they were updating their systems like the store rep said. I am glad it is resolved and actually looks like it works faster now (web browsing). My signal is excellent. Has not dropped from full since it came back on. Before when home i would go from 3 to 4 bars on 3G. Never 5. But what upsets me is that customer support when I called yesterday to find out what was going on did not know of any updating that was going on in our area. So I wasted 3 hours and 17 mins on the phone with ATT and 2 hours 43 mins with RIM only to find out today from a store rep what the problem was and got resolved when the system came back on line.
    04-28-09 03:30 PM
    I agree. I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone yesterday and all they (RIM and AT&T) did was blame each other. I had a feeling it was an AT&T issue though. Im just glad its back up and running smoothly...for now.
    04-28-09 03:45 PM
    I still want to know why I rarely get emails at 65 miles per hour and also can not browse at the same speed. Seems very mickey mouse to me. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not surfing the web while flying down the highway, I figured if I wasn't getting emails, the browser wouldn't work either...I was right. Anyone else experience this?

04-28-09 08:15 PM
    Have you tried it recently after the ATT upgrade to the system? I am the first person to say that these so called "upgrades" don't really do much till now. Call me crazy but I feel my service on my Bold is now much better. I don't know what it is. I downloaded a an app that measure the dl and upload speeds of the browser and I can not believe how much faster it has been. Not only higher speeds, but they are also SUSTAINED!! Let me know.
    04-30-09 07:42 AM
    I am unable to connect to the internet here in AL. Is anybody else having the same problem? It has been down for a day already.
    04-30-09 08:43 AM
    Customer support has not been able to resolve that for you?
    04-30-09 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";