hey everyone!

just wanted to ask whether it is possible to browse the internet without registering to the "Blackberry Internet Service" which was �15 for me, and apparently that only enables me to send and received emails (not browsing/surfing the internet). i am on vodafone, and vodafone live is the only other icon i can click to visit pages such as facebook, myspace and other internet sites. however vodafone charges me extra for doing this.

i just want to no if i can go on vodafone live without the "Blackberry internet service" or if i can browse the internet through "BIS" instead of using vodafone live. one or the other.

thanks guys
    Angel
    01-21-08 11:16 AM
    You can try installing Opera Mini to your BB, and accessing the internet that way.
    www.operamini.com

BUT, I won't promise you that your carrier will not charge your for the internet access.
    01-21-08 11:42 AM
    hey jsanders thanks for the reply.

i dont no if this is a dumb question, but if i dont have the "BIS" can i still access the internet using the opera mini browser?
    01-21-08 11:50 AM
    hey just look up your apn settings
    01-21-08 12:18 PM
    heya, there isnt anything in my apn settitings...what should be there?

thanx
    01-21-08 01:35 PM
    There is a page on operamini's site which teaches you how to config your apn and there will be no need for BIS. However I believe you will be charged for accessing the internet and it might cost more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-08 04:34 PM
    My experience with Blackberry Curve on the Internet is that it is a tiring and waste of time to try and have a reasonable internet experience on this device. I'm thinking of dumping BB altogether and going to the HTC Evo
    07-08-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD