Does the internet speed depend on the model of the BB. If yes, please let me know which is the fastest then.
    04-20-09 03:53 PM
    Whichever BB has 3G capabilites.

AT&T, just the Bold.

Unless you have Wi-Fi. Then that would be the quickest. Still, I think it's just the Bold on AT&T.
    04-20-09 03:56 PM
    It depends. I think the fastest BlackBerry is the Bold, but if you have a phone with wi-fi that will be extremely fast. There is not a huge difference IMO, but I am sure people are going to disagree with me there.
    04-20-09 04:09 PM
    I find that 3G versus my high speed internet via wifi is not too different actually. For regular apps you'll notice 20-30% improvement, web-browsing is a fair amount faster (50-60%), and faster for all (like all websites now, regardless of size, take roughly the same time to load). Now DOWNLOAD rates, I get a lot (70%+) quicker download speed when wifi-ing versus 3G

Essentially 3G and wifi for basic internet needs will both satisfy.

I've used both EDGE and 3G, and essentially there's a slight, ever so slight, improvement in 3G which is most noticeable when downloading things, that's about it.
    04-20-09 04:51 PM
    Does the internet speed depend on the model of the BB. If yes, please let me know which is the fastest then.
    The 3 newest (Bold, 8900 Curve, Storm) are probably the 3 fastest models because of their newer processors. I think my 8900 downloads faster than my old 8100 Pearl on Tmobile using EDGE. WiFi leaves the carrier networks in the dust.
    04-20-09 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD