Hi everyone,

I just bought my first BB (Storm) in the UK with Vodafone. I am puzzled by the BB PIN messaging and data, so here it goes.
    I should probably say that I have an unlimited data plan.
    I think it's pretty much a fact that international PIN messaging is free. I know people who go back and forth and don't pay a penny. So that's great.
    But what about if I am outside of the UK? I will be travelling to the US for Christmas, and I'm worried I'll use PIN mess. email and internet browsing, and find myself with a huge bill. Would it be the equivalent of roaming, where no matter what contract you have, you pay extra?
    Can anyone enlighten me?
    Cheers!
    12-09-08 02:54 PM
    The reason you don't pay very much for PIN messaging is because it uses such an insignificant amount of data. If you are roaming however you will be charged roaming obviously and that could be expensive depending on what type of plan you might have. You mentioned you were traveling to the US, IMO your best bet would to be unlock the phone and purchase a SIM card from T-Mobile or AT&T while you're in the United States to avoid any roaming charges from Vodafone. You will continue to have the same PIN number so your BB messenger will not be affected but you will however have a different phone number (obviously).
    12-09-08 03:14 PM
    Thanks!;-)
    12-09-08 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD