Do you need something special for international text messageing? and if you do that would mean that both you and the person your sending messages to ...need a special package?

now if you both have blackberries..you can just add them to blackberry messenger and it would be fine ?

haha thanks for the help
    07-18-08 09:52 AM
    Yes, if both have a BB, just add their PIN and you're set.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 10:22 AM
    Unfortunately most companies only offer domestic text messaging bundles so any international test messages would be charged according to the providers fee (with t-mobile its at .15 cents but will be .20 cents by the end of August). Best way to go would definitely be Blackberry Messenger or an Instant Messenging Program such as Aim, Yahoo, or Msn Messenger.
    07-18-08 10:26 AM
    i do both on a daily basis
    you dont need anything special
    07-18-08 11:55 AM
    since the thread's title is international text messaging, I had a question. I'm on verizon and they don't send texts to some of the places where I have family. Anyone know of a program that can reside on your BB which would allow one to text international? I'm sure it wont be free but this way, I will be able to fill in one of the limitations of being on a CDMA network.

TIA
    07-18-08 12:29 PM
    i do both on a daily basis
    you dont need anything special
    I do both quite often as well. In fact we text more when he's overseas than talk on the phone.......well if he can use his phone.
    07-18-08 04:37 PM
    hmm thats so weird. because when if irst came home from ireland..i had a friend still over there. i got a new phone..and tried texting her so i could keep in touch when she was outa internet range..and make sure she was still okay.
    neither one of us could recieve eachothers messages.
    maybe we were just putting the codes in wrong? i donno.
    07-20-08 11:41 PM
    verizon does not charge me to text to canada. but att does. is that not messed up. but yea everyones diff. i text to someone who has bell. and she or i dont get charged.
    07-21-08 12:29 AM
    Yes, if both have a BB, just add their PIN and you're set.
    Definitely. If two people living on different ends of the planet both had BlackBerrys and PINned each other, that wouldn't count as international text messages. Another great reason to own BlackBerrys.

If I had a friend overseas I needed to text often, you better believe they'd be owing a BlackBerry.
    07-21-08 04:03 AM
    If you both have blackberries, why dont you messenger or pin instead of SMS...b/c some carriers do charge and some do not.
    PINing is the best hing about BBs and the reason why the whole world needs one
    07-24-08 04:33 PM
    The carrier I have does not charge any extra for international sms. The question is do you get service? If you can make a call, you can sms...with no extra fees.
    07-24-08 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD