Hey Everyone,

I just got my Storm unlocked and travel a few times a year and was looking into these International Sim Card products. I noticed there are quite a few with different rates/features for instance GPRS data services.

For anyone who has experience with these International sims I was curious which those of you who travel a lot would suggest if any? Please also state why you would recommend it.

I have no experience with this or how these services work, so I wanted to get some feedback beforehand whether this is even reliable or not. Also, which have the best rates in the opinions of those who use it often.

I was looking at:
    International SIM Cards, International Mobile SIM Cards, SIM card, SIM does not expire,

Anyone have experience with this product or have something to recommend which they have found better? Or would you recommend just to buy a new local sim in whichever country I happen to be in? As you could tell I'm lost on this subject and would appreciate some feedback. Most calls would either be local in the country I am in or to Canada. Also would like GPRS support if possible so I could stay on top of my emails.

Thank you in advance for your input.
    04-14-09 12:59 PM
    Anyone have information on what would be best for me to do?
    04-14-09 04:43 PM
    Anyone have information on what would be best for me to do?
    Hi Steven,

I live in Indonesia and our pre-paid sim cards work just about all over the place.

The cost of the sim card about about $1 plus your air time.

They do have a Blackberry pre paid service that is about $0.50 per day but you would be considered as roaming and that can be very expensive.

I had used mine in Singapore and in one day I had about $80 in data fees.

In order to have your pre-paid card working where you are it would need about $20 of air time.

If you want to try it, PM me and I will give you more details.

Do not get scammed by these online sites selling sim cards.

I would need to check but even if you are in the US and you need to top up your card, it can be done from here.

Let me know.

regards,

MIKE
    04-14-09 05:23 PM
    I use a sim card from mobal. They send you a sim card with a UK number and just deduct your calls from your credit card. Number stays active for a year. I plug mine in every six months and get a welcome text, (which cost as I'm roaming in US) but that keeps the service active. There is no monthly charge and no minimum. Most of the EU countries are $1.25 per minute which is better than roaming with my service provider. And the UK number means no one is waking me up with stupid calls. I use this mostly so people can call me, then I will buy a prepaid card in the country I'm in to make long outgoing calls as it is cheaper.
    04-14-09 06:46 PM
    didnt read the whole thing,
    but i know in china you can just get a random prepaid sim card and it has minutes for calling
    04-14-09 06:56 PM
    I'm actually looking for good SIM card recommendations also! I need to travel to S. Korea this summer and wanted to read up on how to use the prepaid SIM cards. Any recommendations??
    04-16-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD