Has anyone here used their BB outside of the states? I'm thinking about going to Japan and I wasn't site how calling home would work. Will people I call get charged extra for receiving out of country calls? I ask this because I had Nextel and a friend chirped and txtd me from Mexico and I got charged extra on my bill...Also will people I call beable to tell where I'm calling from? Because I don't want everyone to know I'm away. Also with using the net outside of the states...will my emails be different or will the dates be sent European style ie day month year? Thanks in advance guys! I thot about calling Vzn but it would lily be a waste of time because their reps seem to just make stuff up and I'd rather hear from someone who knows.... Meredith!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 10:12 AM
    As far as calling they won't be able to tell. As for your email, it won't be differnet. Time and date maybe if you have your device set to network. You will be charged for call back to the states but they will not. As for using the net you will be charged for international data usage.
    09-24-09 10:20 AM
    You have a Curve 8350?
    Sorry, but there are very few iDEN networks (the type of Network NEXTEL uses) outside of North America.
    I think Japan has one called NexNet or something? You'd have to check and see what their calling area is like, and see if Sprint has a roaming agreement with them.
    It will almost cerainly cost you roaming charges to your their network though.
    09-24-09 10:22 AM
    LoL nono I'm with verizon now I has teh storm. .

09-24-09 10:45 AM
    LoL nono I'm with verizon now I has teh storm. .

Yeah I think you confused him a bit
    09-24-09 10:46 AM
    Yeah I do that sometimes. . Sorry!
    So basically just so were all on the same page...if I'm in japan and I call my sis on her iphone in MA she won't know where I am unless I say mushi mushi from Japan. . This ROCKS! I so <3 this phone.

09-24-09 10:58 AM
    Dude I'm totally takng a pic of myself on a Tokyo street corner holding a sign that reads DOMO ARIGATO MISTER ROBOTO

09-24-09 10:59 AM
    Post it I want to see!!!!
    09-24-09 11:02 AM
    Whoops, I misunderstood you.
    Okay, you're on a CDMA phone then. Japan does have a CDMA network called Au, I think...
    Again, you will have to pay roaming (and long distance) charges to use your phone with your number.

BUT! Your Storm can use GSM/UTMS networks overseas, so you could purchase a local Japanese SIM card and use your phone much cheaper. The only downside is that you wouldn't have your local number while doing in Japan.
    09-24-09 11:02 AM
    GRACIAS SMNC. however my incognetoness is a musssst I'm not plannin on yakkin it up just for checkn in w peeps n letn em knw I'm okz.

09-24-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD