I have just read in the press that the Curve 9320 is the 6th most popular handset in the UK. This is mainly used by the younger generation but still good news when you consider all the handsets that are out. there at present. Shame that the news article was about a lads 9320 that exploded and set fire to his legs and his bed. RIM are investigating the issue.
    12-05-12 10:29 AM
    This is what RIM had to say about that matter.
    RIM takes claims of this nature very seriously and a senior member of our team met with the family today to initiate a full investigation into this matter. In order to proceed with this investigation, we require the products that were involved in this incident to be made available for a full technical review.

At this point in time, the family has not provided RIM with the battery or charger for analysis and have said they are unable to locate the device itself. We have a team on standby to conduct this investigation as a priority as soon as the family makes these products available to us.

RIM is committed to ensuring our products are safe and we invest significantly in R&D and testing to ensure we meet or exceed all regulatory standards here in the UK and around the world.
    12-05-12 11:00 AM
    I think this is the fourth thread about that exploding phone. How many of these are needed?

BTW, I resent having been tricked to click on this thread by the title "interesting information"
    12-05-12 11:03 AM
    What a cheap shot at RIM.
    12-05-12 11:28 AM
    I think this is the fourth thread about that exploding phone. How many of these are needed?

BTW, I resent having been tricked to click on this thread by the title "interesting information"
    I was refering to the fact that the 9320 is the 6th best selling handset in the UK. It just happened to be mentioned in the news cut about the boys phone. I suggest you read it again before making sarky comments.
    12-05-12 12:33 PM
    I was refering to the fact that the 9320 is the 6th best selling handset in the UK. It just happened to be mentioned in the news cut about the boys phone. I suggest you read it again before making sarky comments.
    Oops sorry, I skimmed and just assumed that it was about the explosion again.
    12-05-12 02:27 PM
    I love that word 'snarky' LOL.
    They'll never find the cause of the fire if it was the phone that caused it. To do a fire investigation you need to have some evidence left. Most of the time fire destroys any shred of evidence when it comes to small electronic devices.
    12-05-12 02:37 PM
    Oops sorry, I skimmed and just assumed that it was about the explosion again.
    Apology accepted.

By the way Belfastdespatcher, I would never take a cruel shot at RIM.
    12-05-12 02:51 PM