Hello,

A few days ago I started experiencing the following problems on my Blackberry Bold:

When I am NOT connected to Wifi I cannot receive emails or blackberry messages or anything of the sort. I even tried to resend my service books and nothing happens.

The Blackberry is connected to EDGE in caps so I know this is not the problem either.

As soon as I connect to wifi all my messages start coming in as well as my emails etc.

An interesting part is that when I am not connected to wifi and I send a blackberry messenger message it does not show up as delivered but the other person does indeed receive it; however I am unable to receive a reply.

I took out my sim card and placed it in another blackberry and it all works fine so I know it is not a carrier issue but rather a problem on my own Blackberry Bold.

Steps I have taken to try to remedy the situation but did not work:

- Reset Blackberry
    - Wipe Handheld
    - Update Software
    - Restore Information
    - Turn Data Services On/Off

I am starting to think that my antenna for "receiveing" data must have malfunctioned and stopped working. I think this since I am able to send messages but do not get a "delivered" confirmation, also as soon as I connect to wifi all my services start working immediately.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Alfonso.
    07-05-09 11:44 AM
    Warranty replacement. You did must of the troubleshooting steps you needed to do. Putting your sim in another device and having the sim work was enough for me to see this being a device issue.
    07-05-09 12:13 PM
    your device is defective. My first 8900 I got had that SAME issue. Right to a tee. I called ATT, had them troubleshoot the phone, after I did everything in my power, they left a note on the account to switch the phone for me, and the next day I went back to the ATT store, and got a new phone which worked perfectly
    07-05-09 03:13 PM
    Call your provider and see if they have any ideas and if they do not then have them transfer you to RIM tech support. I had similar problems and it was on RIM's end with my data plan.
    07-05-09 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD