5 Reasons That I Hate My iPhone - Forbes

Some buyer's remorse from an ex-BB owner.
    04-17-12 01:51 PM
    A lot of those were the exact reasons I went from Blackberry to iPhone...then back Blackberry.

The grass is not always greener!
    04-17-12 02:04 PM
    I did the samething with the Samsung Vibrant. Battery life sucked and the key app I needed was BBM, which isn't a 'driod app. Went running back to the BB as fast as I could.
    04-17-12 02:23 PM
    I do hereby nominate JEN COHEN, Forbes, as the winner of the yet to be announced CrackBerry contest for journalists/bloggers willing to go public with their regrets over moving from BlackBerry to iPhone/Android.

Prizes are: a BlackBerry PlayBook, a 9900/9930 as a temporary holdover and a new BB10 phone when they come out.

Seconds?
    04-17-12 02:28 PM
    An okay article. I thought it was lame to say, at the end, that she spent so much on accessories and battery chargers that she can't go back to a BB...

She will cry when BB10 is released
    04-17-12 02:30 PM
    Haters will be in soon enough to derail this. It's great to read things like this though. It shows that different people have different requirements and an iPhone is not for everyone.
    04-17-12 02:43 PM
    Has that writer never heard of a return policy? Pretty sure you get two weeks to try out a phone and if you don't like it you can take it back.

Also! Number 4 is her fault. Seriously, I don't own an iPhone but I know that. Number three unless you're using a Curve these days your battery life on a BB isn't all that much better with intensive use.

And well Siri. LOL at Siri.

Look I am all for people praising their Blackberry experience, but I really don't see the need to champion articles like this. Every phone out there right now including the Bold and latest Torch series have reduced battery life. Siri is like any voice activated search function on any electronic device. Its horrible(I refuse to use the one on the 9860). If you don't ask questions about the functionality of your phone when you get it, whose fault is that really?

And really, she should have just gotten herself a 99XX.
    Last edited by BoldPreza; 04-17-12 at 02:57 PM.
    04-17-12 02:51 PM
    I'm not a fan of iOS myself (though I wouldn't classify myself as a hater), but seriously, even my limited experience with an iPhone can see through this article.

For example... How is number 2 a complaint? Don't like the notifications from a particular app? Turn it off. Duh.

Out of all 5, the only one with any kind of merit is maybe the battery. But even then it's a bit exaggerated.
    04-17-12 03:08 PM
    The problem is the last line of the article where she mentions that she has come too far with the accessories etc to go back to the BB. So yeah she hates her iPhone, but BB's still don't get sold.
    04-17-12 03:28 PM
    I really don't understand that last line if you have something so dysfunctional for you, do something about it. Clearly there is something about the IPhone that keeps her as a user.
    04-17-12 03:53 PM
    Hmmmm... another 'hot' reporter supporting BB (or at least the things she likes/needs in her phone)

is this a trend?
    04-17-12 04:32 PM
    I briefly tried a crApple and was not impressed. The games were interesting for the first few days but after that wore off I came back to berry.
    04-17-12 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD