Has anyone read this? Interesting stuff:
    Goldman Sachs Folks Still Using BlackBerry At Davos - Business Insider

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 07:15 AM
    BlackBerry could have an OS that's decades ahead and offers teleportation (ok so maybe centuries ahead?), and it would still be called the "relics from a bygone era".

Ah well.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 07:28 AM
    1. It makes me a little concerned for the future of humanity when 1500+ people who traveled halfway around the world for an economic conference on private jets see the iPhone as a must have fashion accessory and not a phone...

2. If people see android in a "let them eat cake" sort of way, that probably doesn't bode well for the future of a BB10 device that is married to the Amazon app store but is supposed to be a device for enterprise and getting things done.

3. Deprecating BlackBerry World and removing the video/audio content will probably go down in history as one of the worse moves the company made. I'm still not sure why they did it. Storage is cheap, music and video offerings don't need app updates.

4. The passport is out there now. But a phone that could be a replacement for a paleoberry + an iPhone 6 may never be seen that way because of # 2 and 3. Incidentally, I just got an email. The passport is on sale,17% off on amazon. Today only.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 07:34 AM
    Paleoberry... hahahahaha.

Posted via CB10
    raw_dog likes this.
    01-23-15 07:39 AM
    1. It makes me a little concerned for the future of humanity when 1500+ people who traveled halfway around the world for an economic conference on private jets see the iPhone as a must have fashion accessory and not a phone...

2. If people see android in a "let them eat cake" sort of way, that probably doesn't bode well for the future of a BB10 device that is married to the Amazon app store.

3. Deprecating BlackBerry World and removing the video/audio content will probably go down in history as one of the worse moves the company made. I'm still not sure why they did it. Storage is cheap, music and video offerings don't need app updates.

4. The passport is out there now. But a phone that could be a replacement for a paleoberry + an iPhone 6 may never be seen that way because of #3.

Posted via CB10
    The thing is BlackBerry wasn't doing the Storage... the music and video where really 3rd party "plug-ins" to App World. Most likely due to the lack of purchases it just wasn't feasible to keep these going. And to be honest there were better ways to buy content that didn't include a pretty bad DRM policy.

As to people carrying two phones... it is good that BlackBerry still has that "security" niche. But you can bet that both Apple and Google are working their way into this part of the market. So the question is what are BlackBerry's chances of moving into the "FUN" and "FASHIONABLE" part of the market....

I have to say the several people I know have the iPhone 6+, I'm using an iPad from time to time and it is simple and it does work.... In a few months when it come time to upgrade (and I do plan to UPGRADE), it might be a pretty easy choice as I doubt BlackBerry will have anything except maybe the Z3LTE which I wouldn't call an upgrade.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-23-15 07:47 AM
    I seriously doubt that the one percenters feel they need to show off by carrying around iPhones when everyone else has one. It's more likely that they have things they really need to do on their Blackberry and other things they need to do on their iPhone. I'm guessing it breaks down by work-related and non work-related tasks.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-23-15 07:49 AM
    I seriously doubt that the one percenters feel they need to show off by carrying around iPhones when everyone else has one. It's more likely that they have things they really need to do on their Blackberry and other things they need to do on their iPhone. I'm guessing it breaks down by work-related and non work-related tasks.
    That is what we are given to believe. However, even with such an august gathering, it may well be that they carry iPhones because everyone else around them does the same. The tendency to imitate is stronger than we think.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    01-23-15 08:04 AM
    So, on the one hand, smart enough to use a Blackberry for corporate communications yet dumb and vain enough to carry around an iPhone 6 is a status symbol? That's an interesting way of attributing peoples behavior to whatever suits your needs.
    TGR1, Bbnivende, jmr1015 and 1 others like this.
    01-23-15 08:17 AM
    But you can bet that both Apple and Google are working their way into this part of the market.
    Well if you actually think about it...not necessarily, right? Because like you said: it's a niche. And both Apple and Google make billions with their respective core businesses already. I mean if you already own that 99% of the market like iOS and Android, have many other business fields and products you're working on, when the next multi billion dollar business is IoT....why exactly would you put any effort in getting that 1% niche, especially when many people of that 1% even use your phones as their primary phone, the BlackBerry being just the corporate one. It doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 10:34 AM
    Starts of well then goes into the same old ignorant rant.

The author writes for a business site, but he is obsessed with consumerism

 Z10
    pjjunior likes this.
    01-23-15 11:26 AM
    1%'rs don't work. They have people to do that for them. They even have people to pay their bills for them silly! I knew the Gambled, of Proctor and Gamble in Topsham, Maine back in the 1970's, they didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 09:48 PM
    Has anyone read this? Interesting stuff:
    Goldman Sachs Folks Still Using BlackBerry At Davos - Business Insider

Posted via CB10
    Not interesting at all. Same tired crap being recycled

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 09:57 PM
    Not really, couldn't blackBerry make a little money by making a higher grade Classic for "discriminating" consumers ( not a Porsche that is not trendy at all).
    01-23-15 10:19 PM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Slightly OT but yes I would love to see a high end (limited edition?) Classic II with highest quality specs and premium finishes and materials and have blackberry charge accordingly.... there IS a professional / Prosumer market out there for THAT form factor that does not desire the Passport form factor....

Blackberry would Own that market... but it must be top end specs and materials....

I would love to see that...

From my awesome Passport

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-23-15 10:49 PM
    So, on the one hand, smart enough to use a Blackberry for corporate communications yet dumb and vain enough to carry around an iPhone 6 is a status symbol? That's an interesting way of attributing peoples behavior to whatever suits your needs.
    I wrote only about the power of imitation. The qualifiers "smart", "vain", "dumb" are merely products of your hyper-sensitive imagination. Take a chill pill, and realize that, whether it is an iPhone, or a BlackBerry, a phone is just a phone.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    01-24-15 12:45 AM
    I liked his comment about carrying the iPhone 6 and a blackberry as a status symbol. Lol
    "In an odd way, rocking the iPhone-BlackBerry combo is a way to send a huge signal about your status: Yes, you have the expensive new phone from Apple that everyone wants. But you're so busy, so important, that you also need a phone with a real keyboard."
    Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    01-24-15 12:46 AM
    Duplicate post.
    01-24-15 12:48 AM
    I liked his comment about carrying the iPhone 6 and a blackberry as a status symbol. Lol
    "In an odd way, rocking the iPhone-BlackBerry combo is a way to send a huge signal about your status: Yes, you have the expensive new phone from Apple that everyone wants. But you're so busy, so important, that you also need a phone with a real keyboard."
    It also signifies that these users are not satisfied with the selection from the BlackBerry & Amazon App stores.
    01-24-15 05:44 AM
    [url]http://bgr.com/2015/01/23/why-blackberry-is-not-dead

Another interesting article.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Glenn Biddle; 01-27-15 at 02:46 PM.
    01-27-15 02:34 PM
    11299434][url]http://bgr.com/2015/01/23/why-blackberry-is-not-dead

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 02:47 PM
    http://bgr.com/2015/01/23/why-blackberry-is-not-dead

Posted via CB10
    I think the new BlackBerries can start a new trend. Seeing all these important people use BlackBerry devices, being secure, acting that one means business and such... I think it's a good thing. Hopefully it catches on...

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 01:54 PM