Android, not iOS, will win over developers

While the article is mostly about Android it does mention Blackberry in a positive light.

Android will replace iOS as the most important platform to developers within the next 12 months, British analyst firm Ovum says. It also notes an increased interest in Windows Phone and BlackBerry OS...

Indeed, the survey shows a marked move away from once important platforms such as Symbian and WebOS. Developers' confidence in BlackBerry OS is surprising, however, given the platform's struggle in the market, and the internal turmoil plaguing the company.

A little good news to start your day.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 01-24-12 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Added more of the quote
    si_chindo and Jake2826 like this.
    01-24-12 05:51 AM
    So what does this have to do with the PlayBook?

Also, the article goes on to say nothing more about it, doesn't sound like good news to me...
    01-24-12 05:56 AM
    As long as there is interest in developing for ALL Blackberry products there is a better chance of the Playbook staying around. Something everyone here surely feels is a good thing.
    01-24-12 06:31 AM
    So what does this have to do with the PlayBook?

Also, the article goes on to say nothing more about it, doesn't sound like good news to me...

There is a slight chance that it has nothing to do with the PlayBook. But, with your response alone I feel sorry for your friends, if you have any! You're a negative individual. SMH
    ridesno159 likes this.
    01-24-12 07:32 AM
    There is a slight chance that it has nothing to do with the PlayBook. But, with your response alone I feel sorry for your friends, if you have any! You're a negative individual. SMH
    First of all, Blackberry OS it refers to is not QNX which is on PB. Apps for BlackBerry phones don't work on PB.

Secondly, the article appears to be a lot of speculation, not much analysis based on various factors. For instance, it talks about broad sales figure of Android based devices vs iOS, saying that is sparking interest in developers. Well, it's been this way for well over a year or more, that there are more Android phones selling than iOS.

However, at the same time the money developers are making shows big contrast - Apple iOS vs. Android developers: Who

Even with bigger market share, Android brings in just 7% of iOS app revenue? That's surprising.. why? I'm sure even BlackBerry app revenue is better than Android one..
    01-24-12 07:55 AM
    I agree with ridesno159. Absolutely nothing to do with the PB. Just because an article mentions BBOS(specifically mentions BBOS and not QNX) doesn't mean it needs to be posted in the PB section, if anything at the very least it should be in the news and rumors section, or better yet the android IOS sections. This thread should either be moved to the android/ IOS section or deleted.
    01-24-12 08:02 AM
    That's terrible news. I hope it rains today, and I develop a rash.
    01-24-12 08:48 AM
    At this moment...I'd take any bit of good news...I would take any news actually and spin it to make it good news.

Anyways back on topic wasn't there some article about how despite a smaller marketshare, BB developers make more money compared to Android developers?
    01-24-12 09:00 AM
    I seriously doubt the reference to BlackBerry OS was really about the phones. The timing makes it likely they really mean the Tablet OS, but just aren't up on the precise naming. If I'm right, it is on-topic. In any case, I wrote to Ovum asking for clarification... seemed better than merely speculating or jumping to conclusions (and down the OP's throat).
    01-24-12 10:20 AM
    Apps for BlackBerry phones don't work on PB.
    True for the most part, but HTML5/WebWorks apps probably could be easily ported between the 2 since HTML5/WebWorks is on the phones.
    01-24-12 10:51 AM
    I hope that the Qnx and BB( Phone ) lines become a bit more blurred when BB10 devices come out. I would like things to be similar to the way Apple does it with their OS. 1 OS for most of its products and the apps/games are mostly compatible regardless of the device you use.
    01-24-12 07:00 PM
    good news.
    01-24-12 07:13 PM
    They seem to be heading towards a unified mobile platform. If they can achieve it, or if customers wait for it is another story altogether.
    01-24-12 07:17 PM
    I hope the 'balance' technology stays.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-24-12 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD