I searched the forums but found only a few old posts about this topic. I am a diehard BlackBerry user, but I have a friend who has an iPhone and when he uses Goog-411 and the "map it" function, the link he receives allows a simple click through to what appears to be Google Maps (at least it's the native map program on the iPhone). It is user-friendly, allows getting directions, etc. In contrast, on the BlackBerry, using Goog-411 map it gives you a link which, when accessed, does not take you to Google Maps, but instead to a small thumbnail map which is relatively useless since you can't use other functions of Google Maps (such as getting directions there, etc.)

Question - is there any plan on integrating Goog-411 and Google Maps? I think they would be a perfect fit together (look how iPhone has done
    it...)

Alternatively, does anyone know of a way to use the SMS link that is
    sent to access that location on Google Maps? I've tried and tried but
    can't seem to find a user-friendly way to do it. Thanks for any tips/suggestions!
    09-17-08 11:07 AM
    I am not familiar with the Goog-411 concept but why not just use Google Maps mobile? I just grabbed the newest version today and while I sit in Seattle, I used it to Search for a Travel Lodge (I was just there a few days ago) in Grants Pass, Ore and it found it and then I just hit the # (pound) key and it mapped its location.

I know that folks have found a number of useful "search" tools so this may not be the best solution.
    09-17-08 02:09 PM
    I am not familiar with the Goog-411 concept but why not just use Google Maps mobile? I just grabbed the newest version today and while I sit in Seattle, I used it to Search for a Travel Lodge (I was just there a few days ago) in Grants Pass, Ore and it found it and then I just hit the # (pound) key and it mapped its location.

I know that folks have found a number of useful "search" tools so this may not be the best solution.
    I use that also. Goog-411 is handy while driving since no typing is required at all. I saw the new version today also. I'm still waiting for the kind folks at Google to integrate voice with the curve like they have for the pearl... Then it will be near perfect.
    09-17-08 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD