I seem to be having trouble doing searches to find info. I know of IM+ which has many of them all in one app. I don't really chat on most of them I have a live messenger account currently. A long time ago I had a AOL messenger account (probably gone if they delete inactive accounts after awhile), and I have a yahoo account though what my login and password are I'm clueless as I have not needed to log into yahoo for anything in a long time. I think I was active on a yahoo group years ago. I don't even know if i will use anything other than live messenger but was curious what was the best free all in one messenger. And I was also trying to locate live messenger to install on my device from the PC. OTA links I have found don't seem to be working or are old and think my device is not capable of running in. I used microsofts mobile web version but I didn't like the look and feel. I'd like something a little more like the pc versions.
    06-27-08 08:18 AM
    Do a google search for:

Webmessenger
    Instango
    Palringo
    Eqo.

They are all free. I have tried them all and they are ok for free apps. I broke down and bought Jive talk, but it sounds like you won't be messaging as much across clients to pay for one. So try all of these and see which one you like.
    06-27-08 09:02 AM
    Jive talk is the best although not free...and the one you erased is pretty good.. Also the one we use, you can use on your phone too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 09:22 AM
    I'll look into thosw free ones. JasonHDD the "erased" one and the one "we use too" which ones are you refering to? I'm a little confused.

06-28-08 12:48 AM
    I once said I'd never pay for an I'm account, but did after my jivetalk free trial ended. Jivetalk is close to perfect. Otherwise, I've tried ramble im, which was decent.

06-28-08 01:02 AM
    you may wanna download the new INSTANGO that was announced on the site within the last week
    06-28-08 02:14 AM
    I just installed instango and so far it looks like it fits for what I would use it for.

06-28-08 06:59 PM
    I tried instango about a week or two ago and it killed my battery everytime I had it on. Which was all the time. It was pretty good the the battery problem was a deal breaker for me. I've been now using jive talk's free trial and love it. I'm now seriously thinking of just forking up the money for it. Unless instango has fixed the battery problem. I'm on an 8130 btw. Anyone confirm they fixed it?

06-28-08 08:10 PM
    I have the yahoo messenger and the iSkoot skype client. I am waiting for the new windows live messenger client that is supposed to be released later this year. the all in one apps are probably a better way to go but I have been doing it this way for so long on my pc, I just set it up the same way on my BB.
    06-28-08 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD