I'm replacing the 1GB card with a 16 GB card, Whats the easiest way to transfer the data to the new card?
    Copy and paste everything via Windows Explorer?
    Backup and Restore via Desktop Manager?
    Device Switch Wizard via Desktop Manager?
    Or something completly different?

Thanks again for any help,
    Jamie
    02-19-10 09:07 PM
    Put everything in a folder on your destop and then when you put the new card in the berry, plug it in and enable mass storage mode then drag and drop the folder from the windows desktop to your berry
    02-19-10 09:09 PM
    It's that easy? It would seem the easiest way to backup the BB is to just enable mass storage and copy/paste. Is there any advantage yo using the Desktop Manager to do this stuff?
    02-19-10 09:19 PM
    If you are going to a new berry the desktop manager is great as a device switch wizard but to move data from one card to another I have found the method i mentioned above to be the easiest way to do it
    02-19-10 09:21 PM
    i always have my mass storage mode turned on anyway and use my berry as a jump drive
    02-19-10 09:22 PM
    Thanks for your replies, they have been helpful!
    Jamie
    02-20-10 12:17 AM
    Desktop Manager does not copy or backup the SD card's contents - except, maybe, it you use the Roxio Media function (which I don't use).
    02-20-10 09:14 AM
    Oh... I thought that's what the Backup and Restore Funtion does "Backup or restore your device data".
    What does it backup then? Just whats on the built in memory?
    I guess a good question would be; What's kept on the SD card and whats kept in the phones memory?
    Thanks again,
    Jamie
    Last edited by jamepc; 02-20-10 at 10:00 AM.
    02-20-10 09:57 AM
    I'm kinda new at this, but I think the SD card holds videos, pictures, music, etc. The device memory holds your apps, address book, messages, etc.
    02-20-10 10:30 AM
    DM backs up the data in your phone but not on your SD card. The backup file is one large file containing contacts, calendar, autotext, ringtones, internal photos, and keep password, and all kinds of internal database information, like email address.
    02-20-10 06:49 PM
    Put everything in a folder on your destop and then when you put the new card in the berry, plug it in and enable mass storage mode then drag and drop the folder from the windows desktop to your berry
    he's onto something
    02-21-10 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD