10-22-13 03:37 AM
    Considering the insane camera on the Lumia those users will be happy.
    10-22-13 03:51 AM
    Yes Why ? BlackBerry is the Number 3 and Instagram / Vine don't want to developp on BlackBerry ....
    10-22-13 03:51 AM
    Dude since when is BB number 3? I thought WP has more market share than BB

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    10-22-13 04:06 AM

It's global in the world market share BlackBerry still number 3

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 04:09 AM
    really?? According to IDC in Q2 2013 WP had 4% while BB had 3% that's what I heard

10-22-13 04:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Pandai pandai.

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
    10-22-13 04:14 AM

They are lumping bb10 with legacy bb users.
    It gets convoluted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    10-22-13 04:18 AM
    They are lumping bb10 with legacy bb users.
    It gets convoluted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    How can they do that if Windows mobile and windows phones market share are separated. BBOS7 is dead now in a way. And yet BB10 has less than 1% of market share

10-22-13 04:34 AM
    The fact is,I suppose, BlackBerry probably is still number 3 but the 70-80% of BB devices are OS 5 and OS7. Probably that's why they are waiting to make an Instagram app for BB. They don't want to develop for older devices and at the same time they have to wait for BB10 to gain market share on BBOS7 device...Said that, Instagram is not a 3-4 employee reality. I think that they could easily afford to build both legacy and BB10 app...

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 04:45 AM
    Forget marketshare. Who has a bigger bank account with more mobile products?
    10-22-13 04:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    No, it has a higher current userbase but if the reports in the WSJ that Nokia sold eight million lumia in the last quarter are correct, then they have BBRY solidly beat in terms of market-share if you combine the two OSes, if you look at BB10 alone there is no competition at all,
    JeepBB, Poirots Progeny and bekkay like this.
    10-22-13 04:49 AM
    I'm so pissed at Instagram giving WP8 a priority and us not having anything. Maybe we'll have to wait 18 months to get our turn. SMH.:banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 7. Z10 user, STL100-1.
    10-22-13 04:52 AM
    The fact is,I suppose, BlackBerry probably is still number 3 but the 70-80% of BB devices are OS 5 and OS7.
    Blackberry is a distant, distant #4 in terms of marketshare even including legacy users. The #whatever OS conventionally refers to marketshare which measures sales in the previous quarter. Windows Phones has multiple times the marketshare as Blackberry.

What you are referring to is the install base or the userbase size. While BBRY may have the third largest install base (there is less certainty if this is true as this metric is less popular and more difficult to measure), it is incorrect to refer to Blackberry as the #3 OS by convention.
    10-22-13 05:14 AM
    Blackberry is a distant, distant #4 in terms of marketshare even including legacy users. The #whatever OS conventionally refers to marketshare which measures sales in the previous quarter. Windows Phones has multiple times the marketshare as Blackberry.

What you are referring to is the install base or the userbase size. While BBRY may have the third largest install base (there is less certainty if this is true as this metric is less popular and more difficult to measure), it is incorrect to refer to Blackberry as the #3 OS by convention.
    Yeah,I was referring to the install base of course. As a company (instagram) I think I would try to reach as many users as I can. BlackBerry intended as BlackBerry legacy devices plus BB10 devices have for sure much more users than W8. The problem is they don't want to develop to both old and new devices because they are thinking in the next couple of years BB legacy devices will almost disappear and at the same time they won't be replaced by BB10 ones..

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 05:24 AM
    Well with the Zeiss optics in their cameras, it is no wonder they got it.
    Their cameras are awesome, I have to admit that.

Also, Windows Phone has some better hope than BB10 atm, cause nobody knows if BlackBerry will be sold and kept whole for sure and Microsoft is attempting to buy Nokia's hardware division

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 05:43 AM
    Que the CrackBerry guys who start saying 'what is instagram' 'why do we need it' 'why would I wanna take pics of my dog eating it's own crap' 'ooo here's a picture of my lovely dinner'.......

One sec while I get some popcorn.....
    Made in flanders and redsaph like this.
    10-22-13 05:50 AM
    Think of it this way. Instagram have stated that they weren't going to release on either platform any time soon. Now that windows phone is getting it. Perhaps, bb10 isn't far behind. Maybe the Facebook owned company is getting less ignorant or that ms had a bit of a say to fb about the lack of this item.

I'm sure Instagram will take full advantage of that lovely camera right. Filter up those detailed photos
    And then lumia owners can hash tag it with #waytoruinagoodphotowithfilters
    redsaph likes this.
    10-22-13 05:50 AM
    It's coming to my mind that in I dunno in which post, a users was telling that on the 24th BlackBerry will release some big news.. Maybe announcing Instagramm app?
    P.s. For what I am concerned I'm not using and I probably will never use the instagram app. If I want it on our platform is because I want BB to stay alive and,unluckily, such an app can make a common user choose BlackBerry instead of W8 phone or Android if he's evaluating a purchase. Because the best OS and keyboard and the best browser with flash integration maybe it is not enough...

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 06:00 AM
    Forget marketshare. Who has a bigger bank account with more mobile products?
    It looks like MS has beaten BB to mobile computing. Quite frankly, with the mountains of cash they have, they should. This puts Windows in the driver's seat for third place and apps like Instagram will jump on board because they will have to.
    10-22-13 06:00 AM
    Not such a big deal. We can sideload via android and voila.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 06:01 AM
    It's obvious that WP8 has more priority, and I'm sure Instagram comes sooner or later for BB10 as well. Not that I care.

10-22-13 06:07 AM
    Let's wait until there's one app who will beat instagram and we BlackBerry will be the first one to have it *wishing*

Posted via CB10
    bombastic likes this.
    10-22-13 06:12 AM
    Let's wait until there's one app who will beat instagram and we BlackBerry will be the first one to have it *wishing*

Posted via CB10
    Wishful thinking......good luck with that
    10-22-13 06:21 AM
    As long as I can sideload and Whine/iGrann arrive I don't care.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-22-13 06:25 AM
49 12