Hi,

I'm a newbie and still learning what my blackberry curve 8310 can do. My old phone I was able to insert an actual smiley or graphic into my text message. I have looked to my best ability and can't figure out how to do it on this new phone. Can anyone help out a fellow newbie?
    07-05-08 11:31 PM
    Hello and welcome to Crack Berry...im not sure if you can insert smileys into regular SMS, you can insert them in the BlackBerry Messenger. You might want to go here http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/tip-...ortcuts-13131/ And read over that page, it has a lot of useful shortcuts.
    07-05-08 11:43 PM
    great thanks for the quick response. I was just going to ask one more question and maybe you or anyone else can help. This is a great site, it's like having a HUGE family that's here to help you out. I've heard on a friends phone at work that her ring is her husband his name and that he's calling and to pick up the phone. Basically he recorded it and she made it her ringtone. Do you know how to do that???
    07-05-08 11:48 PM
    great thanks for the quick response. I was just going to ask one more question and maybe you or anyone else can help. This is a great site, it's like having a HUGE family that's here to help you out. I've heard on a friends phone at work that her ring is her husband his name and that he's calling and to pick up the phone. Basically he recorded it and she made it her ringtone. Do you know how to do that???
    Do you have a voice recorder on your bb? If so you can record your message then save as a ringtone. Also you can use vozMe - From text to speech - it converts text into an mp3.
    Last edited by tfrankson; 07-06-08 at 12:15 AM.
    07-06-08 12:06 AM
    Actually I was just playing with the phone and in the "send voice note" application I figured out I could record a voice note, and then send it to myself or someone else. Then I guess I can save it as a ringtone. Sound good?

And thanks for responding so quickly!
    07-06-08 12:09 AM
    Hi,

I'm a newbie and still learning what my blackberry curve 8310 can do. My old phone I was able to insert an actual smiley or graphic into my text message. I have looked to my best ability and can't figure out how to do it on this new phone. Can anyone help out a fellow newbie?
    This is a copy/paste from another thread asking the same question:

Smilies only show as text on BB. This looks like : ) (without the space).
    There's a program call Berricons which insert the smilies, but only as text. I use it, but I dont if the person I'm texting sees the actual smilie or the text version of the smilie.

Here's another I just came across. Emoticons! for BlackBerry :-) It looks like it does the same as the other; just $4.00 cheaper. (posted 6/14/08)
    07-06-08 12:16 AM
    Thanks for the help. Don't know if I want to subsribe to something just for a smiley, but thanks for the tip.
    07-06-08 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";