I installed a few apps last night the device was working fine this morning. I go to check my berry this afternoon and it shut itself off. Did a battery pull, respond to my emails, it does a spell check, I try to send my email I get this message [Input system error. The system is now restarting].but nothing happens the device doesnt restart. I did another battery pull and it hasnt fixed anything. Any help greatly appreciated. Oh my memory looks good tosorry I dont know the formula to convert but my berry says 3548601 bytes.
    04-08-09 11:24 AM
    Unless you missed a digit, that's a very low memory level. You need about 12 000 000 bytes for reliable operation. Find the "How to Increase BlackBerry's File Free Memory" in the BlackBerry 101 threads. That will tell you what you need to do.

You may also have an issue with an incompatible app, but the memory issue could be the cause of all your problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 11:29 AM
    Thanks I will check out how to increase my memory.

I think the error has to do w/ my spell check..I sent myself an email test message without spelling errors. The message sent fine. I installed docs to go premium edition last night. Maybe I should try to uninstall the program and see if theres a conflict?
    04-08-09 11:36 AM
    I freed up some of my memory its now 7224609 bytesIm still having the same problem. I even deleted Docs to go.
    04-08-09 12:52 PM
    I installed a few apps last night the device was working fine this morning.
    New applications are suspect guilty until proven innocent.

I go to check my berry this afternoon and it shut itself off. Did a battery pull, respond to my emails, it does a spell check, I try to send my email I get this message [Input system error. The system is now restarting]….but nothing happens the device doesn’t restart. I did another battery pull and it hasn’t fixed anything. Any help greatly appreciated. Oh my memory looks good to…sorry I don’t know the formula to convert but my berry says 3548601 bytes.
    I would start by removing the most recient installed applications. You want to roll it back to the state where it was working correctly.

Your memory is still low at 7224609 bytes, check it again after removing the applications. Idealy, you would like to have 20 Mb after a restart.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    04-08-09 01:03 PM
    By the way the only third party apps I have are
    Slacker Radio
    Free Range
    Natili

What is eating up my memory?
    04-08-09 01:06 PM
    There is a total of 64 Mb of memory in your BlackBerry.

About 10 Mb is used by the Java software and 30+ Mb by the BlackBerry software. The space left over is used by third party applications and data.

Your data is usually the smallest component, mine is currently 436 Kb.

Check yours with Options / Status. Menu / Database sizes.
    04-08-09 01:11 PM
    Total size 7231.4k
    Attachment data is 17/153.5k

Does this make any sense?
    04-08-09 01:19 PM
    It sure does, you have about 7 Mb of data in memory. The attachments are a small part of that, it takes 1000 Kb to make 1 Mb.

I presume you have backups of your data, that should be the first thing you do if there is any concern about the state of your BlackBerry.

At this point, we are working toward an OS rebuild. The error messages mean that something has become corrupted and has to be repaired.

You will need to use a Windows computer with BlackBerry Desktop Software installed. The best choice would be v4.6. Do a backup first to confirm all of your data is readable and saved.
    04-08-09 01:31 PM
    This may sound silly, but once I back up how do I confirm the data is readable? Basically I need to wipe my device?
    04-08-09 01:40 PM
    WOW so I uninstalled all the third party apps I ever installedand this is my memory 15891937what gives. Theoretically I should have about 34mb right? ...UGH
    04-08-09 02:07 PM
    if you have nothing but the the apps/programs, etc that the phones comes with on it (i.e. - stock out of the box phone) then yes, you theoretically you SHOULD have 34, but remember, themes take up room, messages do , ANYTHING takes up room... just after a reset i usually have about 32 mb free (out of 90 or so) and i usually run about 20 because of all the crap i have on my phone. right now i have just under 26 free.
    04-08-09 02:32 PM
    if you have nothing but the the apps/programs, etc that the phones comes with on it (i.e. - stock out of the box phone) then yes, you theoretically you SHOULD have 34, but remember, themes take up room, messages do , ANYTHING takes up room... just after a reset i usually have about 32 mb free (out of 90 or so) and i usually run about 20 because of all the crap i have on my phone. right now i have just under 26 free.
    That is a critical difference, your 8330 has 96 Mb, compared to the OP's 8320 with 64 Mb.

once I back up how do I confirm the data is readable? Basically I need to wipe my device?
    If you do not get any error messages during the backup, your data is in good condition.

There is no need to wipe your Curve, the next step will create a fresh copy of your OS and preserve all your data.

Wiping is only needed when you what a fresh, out of the box, restart.

You have two options, your carriers supported software or the latest approved software from a different carrier. I would suggest staying with T-Mobile v4.5xx, you can't go wrong.

Download and install the OS software. This will give you the full set of programs to restore your Curve.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

04-08-09 02:52 PM
    WOW so I uninstalled all the third party apps I ever installedand this is my memory 15891937what gives. Theoretically I should have about 34mb right? ...UGH
    There are a couple of things that impact your memory.

The biggest is the presence of a media card. If you do not have one installed, you have memory reserved for pictures.

04-08-09 02:59 PM
    Alright Im going to reinstall my OS and see how it goes. I do have a memory card with pictures and music...I think its a 2MB .

This I going to sound crazy but I turned off spell check then turned it back on and that seemed to help my initial problem.No for the memory problem
    04-08-09 03:39 PM
    That is a critical difference, your 8330 has 96 Mb, compared to the OP's 8320 with 64 Mb.

yeah, was going for the fact that with 90 mb of memory i have 30... so his would be less.
    04-08-09 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD