I'm guessing you mean will BBs replace computers for personal and even business use? My BB has completely replaced my laptop when I travel. At home and work, I use my BB vs. the computer sometimes - and more and more lately. If I had no choice and could only have a BB, I'd be ok with it. The little screen, keyboard, and 'mouse' would be a pain, but I'd live with it. But, I think the crux is that until I can sync. and B/U my BB to a network and a SD card, then I'll always need a computer too.
    01-16-09 10:03 AM
    Bobbyroy feel free to contact me if you have anymore Q?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 06:00 PM
    It'll never replace my computer. Can't beat the bigger screen, torrent support and storage

01-17-09 06:27 PM
    If i had both a computer and a blackberry in front of me i would definitely use the computer, its faster and easier to use.
    So until the phone catches up to the laptop i would say its unlikely.
    01-17-09 06:50 PM
    Hi, I'm a journalist in Edmonton, Alberta Canada and I'm looking to do a feature story on how the Blackberry is replacing the need for computers.

If anyone has any information about this topic or knows experts that would be able to provide me with any information on the topic please post!

If anyone has any information they would like to post please do so. Thanks.

I believe that everyone is having a very short vision. Bill Gates once said " people will never need more than 512KB of memory".
    I can visualize a device of the size of aphone replacing a computer and then some.
    Imagine the device to have the cpu, memory and applications, then you already have bluetooth keyboars so now you need a bigger screen and there you go.
    A larger screen in the near future could be embeded anywhere.
    Companies like intel and IBM are making processors smaller than a single BB key and just or more powerful than the ones used in tour comp today.
    .Might not be tomorrow but is not that far away.

01-17-09 07:52 PM
    Yes I mean this in no disrespect! I'm just saying what I see in the posts in this thread and others. Is that as people use these devices mainly the Blackberry. They tend to not use the PC as much. The wireless age is catching up with world wide web. We can do so much with a blackberry the great multitasker if that is a word comes to mind. Phone,Organizer (contacts calendar tasks memos) Camera, Camcorder, Media Player, Radio, TV,( Clock / Timer / Alarm / Watch / Stop Watch /),Weather, Calculator, Document Reader / Editor, PDF's, Internet, World Wide Web, News and RSS Feeder, Soacial Networks, Instant Messaging, Email, Text Messages, Pager, Picture Mail, Mass Storage, Flash Drive, Cardreader, Banking, Pay Bills, GPS, Navigation, Maps, Search Engines, It keeps going and going and going right along with tech. People are scared to addmit it! But it is a fact that Blackerrys are slowing taking over PC power users and is creating a whole type of power biz type person with access to everything from anywhere

01-17-09 08:21 PM
    This thread got me a lot more information than I ever had hoped for. I appreciate everyone who posted here with valid intellectual opinions and facts. I personally don't own a BlackBerry, so reading all these posts was very interesting to see what people are doing with the BlackBerry and how its changing how people do things.
    01-22-09 05:46 PM
    I think there will always be the complementary categories of desktop, laptop and palmtop computing; I don't think palmtop will every fully replace laptops. In fact, due to the gaps, there's already an emergent 4th group: sub-notebooks/netbooks/ultraportables. There may eventually be a device that's a hybrid of sorts between the netbook and the smartphone, but the smartphone itself isn't yet a replacement. It's a good patch for the times when the appropriate tool is unavailable for whatever reason.
    01-22-09 06:49 PM
    I'm an IT manager and while I use my desktop during the day, my blackberry has become very beneficial while I'm on-call.

Before, when I would get a SMS that a problem exists, I used to have to find a nearby computer, or drive into work. The benefit of my blackberry is that no matter wherever I am, I have the resources with me to analyze and possibly fix the problem.

As our blackberry's are tied to our corporate network, I can remotely access our servers, network equipment, and company data no matter where I am. So far I've had my blackberry for 1 month and it's already saved twice from having to access a computer.

While I don't see it a replacement to a PC anytime soon, I do see it as a piece of a much larger puzzle.
    01-22-09 11:31 PM
    I hope that you email me your completed Story / Essay. I hope you get good marks as well as I love to see this type of journalistic research

This thread got me a lot more information than I ever had hoped for. I appreciate everyone who posted here with valid intellectual opinions and facts. I personally don't own a BlackBerry, so reading all these posts was very interesting to see what people are doing with the BlackBerry and how its changing how people do things.
    01-28-09 09:18 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD