I'd just like to mildly rant about the media player on my Curve (os 4.2.2.170).

For me, it takes too long to change the song or album on this thing. I recently discovered the "Now Playing" option in the menu button, but still.

Is there any way to set convenience keys to "next" or "previous" tracks on the media player? Or maybe a headset for the BB that has a next/previous/stop/play button built in?

Thanks in advance.
    09-29-08 08:23 PM
    No need to deal with the convenience keys.
    When Media Player is open press "N" for next and "P" for previous
    09-29-08 08:28 PM
    Lmao, once again... I am humbled.

Do you know of any other shortcuts I could use from the homescreen to change tracks?
    Last edited by Ironcrowned; 09-29-08 at 08:50 PM.
    09-29-08 08:40 PM
    On my 8330 with 4.5, pressing and holding volume up/down is next/previous. You have to tap volume keys for sound.
    09-29-08 09:03 PM

Do you know of any other shortcuts I could use from the homescreen to change tracks?
    The only other one I know is to press "Enter" to toggle between pause and play.

EDIT: I just discovered pressing the speakerphone button (left of enter)
    toggle between headset and device speaker. Pretty cool if I must say
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-29-08 at 09:16 PM.
    09-29-08 09:13 PM

When running OS 4.5 you can change tracks any time on your BlackBerry by using the volume rocker

This is great... when I am browsing, emailing, messaging, etc etc I can simply change my track by holding volume up or volume down (Next and Previous)
    09-29-08 09:17 PM
    When running OS 4.5 you can change tracks any time on your BlackBerry by using the volume rocker

This is great... when I am browsing, emailing, messaging, etc etc I can simply change my track by holding volume up or volume down (Next and Previous)
    That sounds great. Now I just wish AT&T would release the thing!
    09-30-08 04:31 AM
    ....Or maybe a headset for the BB that has a next/previous/stop/play button built in?...
    I'm using the Motorola S9 Stereo Bluetooth Headset & it has this feature, i'm sure most Stereo Bluetooth Headset's have this.
    09-30-08 04:58 AM
    Since the BB supports stereo Bluetooth if you have Bluetooth headphones on you can do this right from the headphones.

I have the Jabra BT620S and they allow pairing to 2 devices. I can connect to my computer to stream music to my headphones and ALSO connect to my phone so if I get a call it will pause my music and then restart once I end the call.
    09-30-08 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD