I am a long time Verizon user. I currently have a Treo 700p, which I have been pleased with. It's about time to get a new phone.

I am torn. Do I get the latest Treo, do I switch to BlackBerry, or do I jump ship and get an iPhone?

What do I use my phone for? Primarily, making phone calls. A very close second, checking e-mail. I am a huge fan of the GMail application. I like having access to my folders, syncing directly with my GMail, and searching all mail. I've never used Push Email and would like to continue with the GMail app. I also use my phone for light-to-moderate web browsing (mostly Facebook, Google, HopStop, and MenuPages. Though occasionally IMDB to figure out which celeb I just spotted on the street).

Can someone review the highlights of each phone and help me with my decision? I've tried browsing websites and reading all the "treo vs blackberry" stuff, but I'm still not convinced!

Help!
    09-02-08 01:29 PM
    I was a long time Treo user who recently switched to a BB and I'll tell you something, I'll never switch back. Multiple reasons, not the least of which is the ease of checking my emails and browsing which is much better on the BB than the Treo. An iPhone? Don't get me started... Can't change the battery, no way to tell (other than opening the app) to tell if you have emails, PitA to type on, etc... Trust me, get a BB and you won't be disappointed.
    09-02-08 01:55 PM
    I was a long time Treo user who recently switched to a BB and I'll tell you something, I'll never switch back. Multiple reasons, not the least of which is the ease of checking my emails and browsing which is much better on the BB than the Treo. An iPhone? Don't get me started... Can't change the battery, no way to tell (other than opening the app) to tell if you have emails, PitA to type on, etc... Trust me, get a BB and you won't be disappointed.
    Sounds like an iPhone is just what he is looking for. If I was just using my phone for calls, email and web browsing I would not get a bb. Browsing experience on a bb is garbage compared to an iPhone, I have both so I know this. Yes it's a pain in the *** to type on at first, but then you learn how to and it is so much easier. I type faster on my iPhone than I do on my berry. It sounds like you are just looking for a phone for personal use, get the iPhone. I love bb but you are looking at the wrong phone if you want to browse the web. And prepare for bias responses, given this is a bb forum.

Just wanted to add that the bb as of right now is the best for email, but if you are using the google app then it won't matter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by avt123; 09-02-08 at 03:15 PM.
    09-02-08 03:12 PM
    If you do not need the full keyboard always available, then it sounds like the iPhone is perfect for you. I could never get used to the full touch screen.
    09-02-08 04:25 PM
    Had blackberry moved to iphone and am now back with blackberry and will never switch again
    The keyboard is just too perfect so I won't switch back to a touch screen
    Also for iphone using their mail setup you can't see your folders and stuff it just downloads the emails and shows them to you
    If there is an app for the iphone that may be different however just using iphones stuff won't show the folders

Also if yu don't browse that much berrybrowser will work for you but if you're big on the browser iphone it is

09-02-08 04:57 PM
    To be honest with you I would go for treo pro if they offer it otherwise I would switch. To bb brother

09-02-08 06:32 PM
    I've had every smartphone Sprint offers and none of them compare to the simplicity of the BlackBerry. I've also had an iPhone, but it lost its appeal within 4 months. I never could get with the touch screen typing.

Is it worth jumping ship to AT&T for an iPhone? Weigh your options carefully, cause at the end of the day, no matter what we have to say, the decision is going to be all you.
    09-02-08 06:39 PM
    The first thing you need to do is check the AT&T coverage map in your area. The second is try to find some current iPhone users who can speak objectively about the service in your area and see how it's going for them. I am in the south burbs of Chicago and bought an iPhone 2 weeks ago. I moved over from Sprint and I already have a BB Curve on order from Sprint and moving back. I'm lucky that AT&T gives 30 days to cancel and return the iPhone. I love the device but the service is terrible. I had to turn off 3G so only every third or fourth call drops. With 3G on, I drop almost every call. The 3G coverage in this area is minimal compared to Sprint. Once the WOW factor wears off, you begin to realize that the iPhone isn't as functional as other devices. My last phone was a Treo 755p on Sprint and I'm really anxious to get the Curve and give back the iPhone. When I look at what I use a phone for and where I need it to work, AT&T and the iPhone aren't a good fit for me.
    09-02-08 07:04 PM
    Came from the treo755p to bbcurve 3wks ago and i'm never ever lookin back.
    09-02-08 07:05 PM
    I was a LONG TERM Kyocera smartphone & Treo user. In the last few months I went from the Treo 705p to 755p to Q2c back to the 755p to Mogul to Treo 800w and then, at last, to the BB Curve. Ahhhhhh - at last something that does everything I do - which sounds exactly like what you do. Were all those other phones good? Yup. Did they satisfy me? Somewhat. Does that BB Curve fit the bill? Oh, YES!!! Come and join the family! (Oh, and my son has the iPhone and, when he has service, it is a phone.)
    09-05-08 05:53 PM
    (Oh, and my son has the iPhone and, when he has service, it is a phone.)
    LMAO!!

Just get a Blackberry...seriously. I can honestly say I single handedly converted 10 people here at my job from whatever device they were using to a Blackberry. I figured out how to "hot wire" their phones to get their work email on it (we didn't have BES here at the time and there's no pop 3 access). Well after the CEO of the company saw my bosses "hot wired" Verizon Curve and how she was utilizing the phone to the fullest potential, he dumped his Treo and ran out and bought a Curve. I fixed up his phone so he could get mail and stuff and he was like a kid in a candy store! Our IT dept TOTALLY FREAKED OUT (I made the CEO sign a non discloser agreement on who hooked his phone up ) and was running around trying to figure it all out. They gave up and just went and bought a separate server and got BES. The CEO came into his office after a meeting and his BB prompted him to set a password. Ha! Now as of today I count 10 people who have dumped their phones and switched to BB. The best is 2 people JUST got PDA phones from Verizon (company issued) like 2 months ago and they spent their own money just to have a BB! This also doesn't even count the 5 people (including myself) who already had BB's.

The bottom line...if it aint a Blackberry, it aint s***!
    09-05-08 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD