11-05-09 05:43 PM
- A battery pull is exactly what the name implies... just pull the battery out. Leave your phone on, remove the battery, then replace the battery and allow your phone to reboot. Should be your first course of action whenever you experience Weird Pearl Activity! Best way for me to explain is that this is the Blackberry equivalent to Ctl+Alt+Del!
When you do not see the name is your Blackberry locked and password protected? My company recently instituted an IT policy requiring device passwords. Prior to that event my Caller ID ALWAYS displayed the associated Address Book entry, even when my phone was "locked". Now, if my phone is locked (requires password to operate) the caller ID works (I can see the incoming number) but it doesn't pull the name from my address book.
Sorry I don't have more to offer, but I second the notion that you should do a battery pull and let us know if you are still having the problem!
Good Luck!!02-05-08 11:17 PM
- Check if your smart dialling has the right country code. Go to Call Logs and then Options. Go to Smart Dialling.
Save your contacts in the international dialling format (+ CountryCode AreaCode Number)
Was it doing the samething ever since u got the device?
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com02-06-08 12:49 AM
- I have tried all the above and still did not work.
What made it work for me was i changed the (National Number Length) "Under smart dialing" from 10 which i had as default to 0. Everything worked fine for me since.
This was a common bug in the iphone that you needed a 3rd party software to fix.09-01-08 05:03 PM
Try this ...
Options>Security Options>General Settings>
Content Protection = "Enabled"
Strength = "Stronger"
Include address book = "NO"
Escape>Save>Receive Call>View name and number>Ignore call>Take a nap
GuardDog10-21-08 09:05 PM
- ok i need to revive this post because i need to do exactly when ur trying to take off here, i need to, while the phone is locked, find a way to make it so that contact names are not displayed when calls are coming in when the phone is locked.. and to make it even trickier, not be able to answer calls without the password when locked....10-19-09 11:58 PM
- Old thread, but exactly what I have been looking for. It was driving me nuts that sometimes, it showed the contact name and sometimes it didn't. I wasn't able to find the pattern. So - many thanks for posting this solution.
Znoble15, the answer to the first part of your question is 2 posts above you. Not sure about the 2nd part but there may be an app for that.
Cheers11-05-09 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD